Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

rooster59

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

How does allowing non-Thai people married to a local with a family to return and quarantine just like the Thais are (and pay for it themselves) increasing the risk of spreading anything? 

They would be in quarantine. 

It doesn't

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Um, no, because I still can not leave here even to go to work (where I can not take my family) until I can actually come back to them. 

So plenty of reasons to moan. And please spare us all the "if you don't like it then leave" sh*t. Its old, stale, and boring especially in the middle of a global pandemic. 

So you or your family are NOT locked out of Thailand, whats ruffling you feathers then ?

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:
48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

QUARANTINE !!!...   

So you assume every person entering is already infected?

Further, are you aware of temperature etc., checks and if any doubt there's professional testing? 

Great - kick-start the world back into operation - there is a test.

Is there? why isn't it at the airport then?

Its no good having a Covid-19 test in the UK then getting on a plane and catching it.

That said, how long after exposure would it take for us to register as positive on the test?

If we have had Covid-19, many of us may without knowing, are we immune? does immunity prevent us from being carriers?

As you wrote, so 'I assume everyone entering is already infected' (I don't - but thats what quarantine is for) its a 'schrodingers cat' approach, everyone both has the virus and doesn't until its proven by either test or by quarantine.

Edited by richard_smith237

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Imagine the outrage if Thailand refused entry to its own people, Iam sure the idea was tabled though and got voted down !!

Didn't nine Thais arrive at Bkk last week, all with high fever

Just now, Mama Noodle said:

Because I am not working and currently living on the savings I was stacking up for the move. 

And the reason I am not working is the very subject of this thread. I can't leave at this point because if I do, then I will not be allowed back. 

So the decision to not work is yours then.

Short term pain for long term gain... think of your family and go back to work, or not if moving them back to your home country is not a priority.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Jeff Simoneaux said:

Easy for you to say. You're probably at home in Thailand. You would feel the same as us if had been stranded abroad for months away from your home and family. We're not tourist. Thailand is our home. And we're willing to do the 2 week quarantine and have already have more than enough insurance. 

Iam actually, missus is out by the pool cooking my breakfast on the BBQ.

life is great, was upset I could not go home to my Uncles funeral though.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

What you are basically saying is it is som nom na for somebody trying to do their best and support their family in hard times.

and the we have some in this thread  who is able to go to work but refuses to do so because they will be inconvenienced in respect to returning to Thailand.... the mind boggles.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, Jeff Simoneaux said:

Easy for you to say. You're probably at home in Thailand. You would feel the same as us if had been stranded abroad for months away from your home and family. We're not tourist. Thailand is our home. And we're willing to do the 2 week quarantine and have already have more than enough insurance. 

may i ask the reason you are outside of thailand at the moment ? also what was the date you left. 

• Sad 2

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Rather selfish and unwarranted opinion there. Some meetings have to be in person, papers signed, intimate talks made.

and yet the world seems to have adapted just fine.

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Rather selfish and unwarranted opinion there. Some meetings have to be in person, papers signed, intimate talks made.

maybe a decade ago this would ring true. in today's world not the case. anything needed signing can be done electronically with verify sign like i did when i purchased my home. intimate talks can be done in zoom or something similar. the world is moving beyond that old style of doing business. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr mr said:

maybe a decade ago this would ring true. in today's world not the case. anything needed signing can be done electronically with verify sign like i did when i purchased my home. intimate talks can be done in zoom or something similar. the world is moving beyond that old style of doing business. 

The whole work from home thing is annoying as peoples work days now seem to be from when they get up till when they go to bed, annoys me to get calls from suppliers and work colleagues that are in a different time zone, A phone call at 5am to ask about the thread pitch of a bolt or something as trivial is extremely annoying !!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

What the hell is wrong with these people leaving their so-called "loved ones" in the 1st place when there's a pandemic going on? Surely if they really cared about their husbands/wives or kids they wouldn't be going overseas in the 1st place to leave them, would they? Unless it was an absolute emergency that they had to do that for some reason.

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'm in the same boat and it's heart-wrenching not to be together with the missus and the kids.

What made you think it's a good idea to leave your family in a pandemic?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4