Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

WHO pauses trial of hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 patients due to safety concerns

webfact

There are some decent MDs that specializes in Tropical disease at the London School of Tropical Medicine and Liverpool Schools. Of course there are some extremely good ones in Thailand at Mahidol and Chulalongkorn Universities. I don't have experience with other Thai Medical programs so I can't comment. 

My advice is to check things out before writing stupid stuff.

Excuse me because replying to you isn't worth my time or effort.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Very childish. So the WHO got their butt smacked by Trump. Now they refuse to investigate one of the most promising drugs to treat/prevent the disease their coziness with Beijing allowed to spread. Well with their funding axed by the largest (by far) contributor, they will have to prioritize spending. I would have recommended they cutting out spending on luxuries, but then I'm not the one having a tantrum.

Do you volunteer to be a test rat together with Donald?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

In a similar vein.

I remember thirty years ago on a trip across Africa, one of the group was an American who had previously worked for the WHO.

She was really surprised the Brits on the trip had been prescribed hydroxychloroquine to prevent malaria. She said there were so many side effects, that at the time WHO had tried to discourage its use.

One side effect she mentioned was temporary blindness after prolonged use of hydroxychloroquine.

We were on a five month trip, so that was definitely seen as prolonged use.

Yep, but this is good news! ???? 

At least Mr Trump have a chance to live up to one of the three monkeys. See No Evil! ????

As he do not listen to common sense or anybody, he already classifies for. Hear No Evil! ????

About Speak No Evil???? Yeah, what can I say? One must have hope. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Recent finding suggest it might not be effective in acute patients but may help prevent the virus in early stages. I could explain more but it's beyond the scope of this forum, But, it could help prevent infections or lessen them in early stages.

If you are interested Mahidol University has launched a very large multi national double blind study. To do just that.  

All that being equal, still wise to investigate risks, irrespective, of other "trials".

Which as a trained medical professional I am sure you concur.

Edited by RJRS1301

50 years of safe use then Trump mentions it and whoosh just like that its a killer....if the Donald could turn water to wine the media would accuse him of pollution 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Biggest load of tosh ever. I could go through the points and debunk them but need go no further than 1. where she referst to Covid-19 as "wuflu". Scientist? My backside!

Don't be silly Phil. WuFlu is just one on many descriptions that you and everyone else understands.

That is my (Antonymous) quick summary in my own words of some of the salient points. There's much more in the interview and instead of closing your mind, I suggest watching the one hour video of the interview.

The first ten minutes is a detailed explanation of this professor's credentials and why she is in a very strong position to point out the facts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Over 50 years ago it was mandatory that US troops in SEA take weeking doses to prevent malaria. It's been used for a very long time so it's risks are  well know. It was the primary drug to treat malaria then and is still used for some strains of malaria today (non P falc malaria). In high dosages many drugs can cause side effects, but are well documented. I think that either one of two things is happening: 1) this is to get back at Trump: or there is no big profit for big pharma, because it's generic. 

Or both.

10 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

No its only used by conspiracy theorists who believe Covid-19 is fake news. Try telling that to the relatives of the 349,000 people who have already died from it. 

I bet you also get all hot under the collar when someone calls you a farang.

Posts with links to videos from unapproved social media sources have been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

Now testing injecting disinfectant to see how effective it may be?

Provide Stadtler a transcript of Trump saying exactly that.

Stadtler knows you cannot do this.

• Haha 1