Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

This is only part of the equation though.  Wearing a mask will not prevent him from picking up the virus from a contaminated surface.  If he is infected wearing a mask will not prevent him touching surfaces and contaminating others.

I wish the WHO and governments would get their act together and come to a consensus on the effectiveness of prevention.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Canuck1966 said:

Is it really worth ruining society for a tiny percentage, if at all?

The rules will be in Thailand forever now, don't think they will change in your lifetime

Masks to be worn everywhere in this place and anybody without will be a pariah

If you think that's a positive thing then we will have to agree to disagree

Oh get real. I expect further relaxations coming this weekend, all because of the earlier actions and the now low levels of Chinese Covid in Thailand. 

Mask wearing in Thailand is already diminishing and near zero in rural areas..... 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Where?

Any evidence would be based on fresh masks all the time, putting it on correctly, taking it off correctly

Not filthy old masks worn day after day

Taking them on and off with dirty hands

There are protocols in hospitals, that's why they work in that environment (sometimes!)

How did 100+ doctors die in Italy if they are so effective??

Did you miss the facts posted hundreds of times over the last few months.

The doctors died because masks protects the patients from the doctors. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

He doesn't know he's not infected. Many cases have no symptoms. I guess he didn't get the memo. I'm somewhat impressed though to hear that he does understand that the point of everyone wearing masks is to protect others. 

EYPypDkUMAAL_nO.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

The man is mentally unstable; after sixteen years of educational indoctrination, normal Thais do not stand up & rail against authority.

I totally agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I am a guest in Thailand, I also believe mask wearing will prevent the spread, so I do as required and wear one where required. 

It strikes me as more intelligent that provoking the authorities with non compliance. 

Quite right !  And to the guy who said wearing of masks in rural Thailand is diminishing.  Well, stew in your own juices  there, just because there are no malls or proper shops where you live probably, it doesn't mean that those of us not in "rural" Thailand shouldn't conform. Vietnam, wear masks. Hong Kong , wear masks Just look at the figures for Covid infections and deaths there. If you don't like to conform to the local rules of the country essentially you are a guest in There are plenty of repatriation flights on offer!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

How does he know he’s not a carrier? Has he been tested?

What harm does wearing a mask do?

Drs do to stop breathing into wounds when treating patients or when being around people with airborne communicable diseases, so why wouldn’t we follow such a lead?

I see American n Euro people in Kamala, Phuket walking around sitting in restaurants and wearing no masks. Pizza shop owner served me the other evening with a mask on while handling my food.

2 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Also why a mask but not goggles?

Can enter in the eyes as well

Just a way to create fear and conformity

its about you giving it to others not others giving it to you. But I guess you don't give a s**t about others.

• Confused 1