Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

Just now, Jimbo2014 said:

Well I really dont know what to make of the lockdowns.  In Spain, one of the hardest hit countries, the national mortality rate is about 0.057%.  In Sweden after 3 months of freedom, the national mortality stands at 0.04%.  Seasonal flu is supposed to be around 0.1%.  I have actually had Covid and for most its not very bad compared with other virus' such as Dengue or Malaria.  I respect Thailand's decision to impose strict social distancing but not quite sure this virus is worth trashing the national or global economy over.  Its not the Black Plague.

Question, why do you support Thailands decision to destroy an economy and its people? Im trying to figure out how people justify these shutdowns because the evidence just isnt their! Do your own investigation hopefully your not supporting shutdowns, distancing hook, line and sinker! The govt take in other words.

47 minutes ago, lensta said:

To me there are 3 categories of people regarding this virus. 1. Those that believe all that they are told about it. 2 Those that sit on the fence and 3. those that think it is not all that is being touted to be. I don't think that any one of these groups are responsible or have the right to force their beliefs and views on any other group. It is quite simple, if you are afraid to go out, then don't but don't expect other people to cater to your fears. Is the real reason that we have restrictions in place because the government fears that we will get sick or is the reason the government fears we won't get sick.

Question for you, why is about 60 deaths putting a country with a population of about 70 mil into meltdown?

I guess because they dont want to be like the US, Italy or Spain where there are 1000's of deaths.

What about the rights of the market? Their right to insist that you have to wear a mask if you want to come in.

You don't want to wear the mask? You don't come in.

Not very dissimilar to temples not allowing people in wearing shorts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Syduan said:

You obviously don't know what the word anarchist means, also the word government comes from Govern Ment ie your mental state, the brainwashing has obviously worked in your case. No wonder they label you and your kind as sheep.

Anarchism is a political philosophy and movement that rejects all involuntary, coercive forms of hierarchy. It radically calls for the abolition of the state which it holds to be undesirable, unnecessary and harmful.. The timeline of anarchism stretches back to prehistory, when people lived in anarchistic societies long before the establishment of formal states, kingdoms or empires.

So go on Tell me more......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Yes rules are made to be followed only if their sound decisions. You dont have to be good sheeple because the govt says thats what you should do! The evidence is against lock downs and distancing do your own research!

Yet here we are in Thailand where rules and edicts have been made....so tell me more.  Just because the evidence you look at says it should not be done, does that give you the right to defy whats in place.  If you believe that then maybe you should live in your own country or better yet the world according to @Mikeasq60.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaLa said:

This is only part of the equation though.  Wearing a mask will not prevent him from picking up the virus from a contaminated surface.  If he is infected wearing a mask will not prevent him touching surfaces and contaminating others.

I wish the WHO and governments would get their act together and come to a consensus on the effectiveness of prevention.

Well I am just hoping you get a good dose of it and then you can tell us how 

to go about not spreading it.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, YetAnother said:

it is hard trying to think like a thai

Yes right, and especially a clown like this one.

A Thai man being just as ignorant and stupid as Tronald Dumb.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

they have - you're just not reading about it

Primary mode of human to human infection is airborne all the rest are secondary  

I will accept I may have missed reading  there is a world wide agreement on many of the factors involved with Covid-19 and I will accept that the primary reason for infection is airborne. The point I made is that governments have not come to consensus of opinion on the wearing of face masks; compulsory here  and not deemed to be of any benefit unless you are ill in Australia. 

10 minutes ago, PatchinExPat said:

Well I am just hoping you get a good dose of it and then you can tell us how 

to go about not spreading it.

I wear a mask myself at all times when I'm outside my home. The point you missed is that  governments and the WHO are adding to the confusion by not having a common strategy and in some cases it becoming a political football. 

I am following the guidelines and legal requirements to the letter, however I would feel more confident in adopting those principles if I had not witnessed such inconsistency.  An example being Thai markets that for the last 2 months have been operating as normal with no social distancing  and then a sudden introduction of the schemes in place at malls.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bless, yes thank you, I do understand, perhaps you misread my statement so here it is again for you:

"Wow the study also finds that of those tested positive 50% were asymptomatic."

But if you're still confused then please refer to the headline in CNN

Iceland lab's testing suggests 50% of coronavirus cases have no symptoms https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/01/europe/iceland-testing-coronavirus-intl/index.html

With a population of around just 364,000 numbers are indeed small, not all countries are so tiny. 

However the entire population has not been tested as you state, its only an offer for voluntary testing, so far only 13,080 participants have taken up that offer and another 9,199 on targeted testing, all told so far throughout the pandemic they have tested 58,800

I'm not confused at all. If you read the paper itself rather than CNN you'll see it's 43% that are asymptomatic:

Notably, 43% of the participants who tested positive reported having no symptoms, although symptoms almost certainly developed later in some of them. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100

Indeed Iceland is a small country, that is why they can test their whole population, which is their plan.

From their work so far we see that 0.8 per cent of the population has the virus.

So 43% or 50% of 0.8 % of the population is still an exceedingly tiny number.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Is it really worth ruining society for a tiny percentage, if at all?

The rules will be in Thailand forever now, don't think they will change in your lifetime

Masks to be worn everywhere in this place and anybody without will be a pariah

If you think that's a positive thing then we will have to agree to disagree

You could just er....go away.

You have no respect for Thailand and even probably for your home country also. 

ignorance is bliss.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

An expected non use of logic and simply obeying the government no matter how illogical. Conditioned minds, what have uou been watching? Do you not realise that COVID is less of a virus than the Flu "fact". If you get it you will likely have no symptoms "fact". Wearing a mask affords you no protection from viruses

"fact" read the box. Social distancing is unnecessary as the virus is far from deadly and can be treated with commonly available drugs "fact". Saunas kill all viruses at the temperatures they operate at "fact". Swimming pools, the sea and sand are all sanatizers and contain minerals with health benefits " fact" then why are these places restricted or closed and why wear masks? Because you are a nicely controlled slave with no individual thought and no respect for others human rights and freedoms. 

You rascal you, you're on a wind up, aren't you.....?   ????

• Haha 1

If you think you are going to get the "virus" just cause you don't wear a mask, so wear your <deleted> mask, don't care if other people wear it or not, I mean, you wear your mask to protect yourself from the "virus", no need for you to be afraid then if others who don't wear a mask will infect you, cause your mask is "protecting" you from the "virus".

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I'm not confused at all. If you read the paper itself rather than CNN you'll see it's 43% that are asymptomatic:

Notably, 43% of the participants who tested positive reported having no symptoms, although symptoms almost certainly developed later in some of them. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100

Indeed Iceland is a small country, that is why they can test their whole population, which is their plan.

From their work so far we see that 0.8 per cent of the population has the virus.

So 43% or 50% of 0.8 % of the population is still an exceedingly tiny number.

Ah ok so your statement that 

"You do understand that the study found that of the general population 0.8% tested positive?"

Was actually referring to that are planning to test the entire population.

Yes you're right I did not understand you.

I did however understand the paper and it is a quote "sampling method of the population screening" not actually testing the entire population.............oops

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Nope. 100% wrong.

Wearing a mask may give some protection to others if you have the virus. 

PH

I quote myself "

Yeah, that's what they make the sheeps believe, cause they don't understand the logic."

Edited by julmust
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You could just stay at home.

There's no law that you need to go outside if you're so terrified of the virus.

Then people not afraid of a virus which 99.2% of people do not have, do not carry and have zero risk of infecting other people with can enjoy their life.

And you can stay in the safety of your home, knowing the virus won't get you. Like Howard Hughes.

Why do you keep telling folk they are terrified of the virus, that is totally daft.

Folk get a flu jab every year, not because they are terrified of it, it's because it reduces the risk of getting it.

Now I think you are a wind up, trying to belittle folk who are just taking preventative measures. 

Now if you and a few others want to go down your "don't give a toss route", that is up to you, but please back off from the insulting insinuations....

There's a good chap....????

PS. I had Hepatitis jabs before I came to LOS, why was that....?

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Businesses can serve, or not, anyone they choose.  That they believe you should wear a mask - to protect them, their staff and other customers is enough.  If you want to disregard their requirements, they can - and should - refuse you service. 

You have no right whatever to impose your "laws" on business owners when you visit their premises.

PH

Don't think they would let a buffalo in anyhoooo......????

• Haha 2