Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sure thing, Canuck.

Never mind that there is very strong scientific evidence by now that massive mask wearing is very effective in reducing the spread of the deadly virus. 

Please provide link to this “strong scientific evidence”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Guy's definitely in the wrong thread. The title says Pattaya: "I'm not sick

Yes, it seems that he can not pay attention to rules and the thread itself.  Finds a new way to return and be a PITA

99.9% chance of NOT dying if you catch this!

Good enough for me NOT to wear a mask and get on with life.

As a sheep in a foreign land, I am waiting for the all mighty Government “order” to allow me to be free of the mask.

I think that it may come in two years....so sad that we are convinced of fear.

BTW lets stop the burning in Asia, kills more indirectly than This flu ever will...mostly children.

Where are the Government’s in that matter?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Any evidence would be based on fresh masks all the time, putting it on correctly, taking it off correctly

Not filthy old masks worn day after day

Taking them on and off with dirty hands

There are protocols in hospitals, that's why they work in that environment (sometimes!)

How did 100+ doctors die in Italy if they are so effective??

Masks inhibit the spread of YOUR saliva coming out when speaking, coughing, and sneezing.  Dirt and sweaty masks still reduce spread.  Masks are a courtesy to others, but also yourself IMO.  A/C enclosed spaces likely not safe as air is recirculated.  Those in constant contact, e.g. hospital workers, it is dire for them.  Ideally they would all be in self contained breathing apparatus'.  Italy's doctors should have all been on antiviral drugs and hydroxychloroquine ????????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EvetsKram said:

Governor in Kalasin has made an order,  now a crime there to not wear a mask,  got a spare 20k? Around here in korat there is now so much complacency,  I see a real minority wearing them

I am in Kalasin province and the village head has been advising people daily on the public speaker re wearing masks and the fine for not.  But he also says the same about helmets on motor bikes,  and of course there is the die hard crowd who come up with all sorts of lame excuses for not wearing either lol.

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

it's obvious here that many have not read the Thai Constitution. 

Its actually quite difficult to stay current with. 

Which of the versions released in the last 20 years are you referring to?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sure thing, Canuck.

Never mind that there is very strong scientific evidence by now that massive mask wearing is very effective in reducing the spread of the deadly virus. 

where is that? The cheap surgical, disposable masks being used are pretty useless in preventing the spread of a virus. I have seen that scientific evidence. If you really want to protect yourself and others you would need to wear a mask that was designed to block a virus. It would need to be fully sealed around your mouth, nose and eyes with appropriate filtration. The porous disposable ones do little according to what I have read.. However, I am very open minded on this, if you can send something to prove otherwise I will read it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

I'm not confused at all. If you read the paper itself rather than CNN you'll see it's 43% that are asymptomatic:

Notably, 43% of the participants who tested positive reported having no symptoms, although symptoms almost certainly developed later in some of them. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100

Indeed Iceland is a small country, that is why they can test their whole population, which is their plan.

From their work so far we see that 0.8 per cent of the population has the virus.

So 43% or 50% of 0.8 % of the population is still an exceedingly tiny number.

They have 1800 confirmed cases out of 58000 tests, which is just over 3%. To claim only 0.8% of the population has the virus you are assuming that nobody else is infected, which is patently ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Do some of you also argue with police that the law is stupid and you wont abide by it?

Yes, sure, when the law is indeed stupid, and astonishingly often the policeman eventually agrees and lets me go. 
(Disclaimer: I wear seatbelts, helmets, don‘t play with my phone while driving and don‘t drive drunk, so the above is only happening for the stupid laws.)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MikeN said:

They have 1800 confirmed cases out of 58000 tests, which is just over 3%. To claim only 0.8% of the population has the virus you are assuming that nobody else is infected, which is patently ridiculous.

You see a bowl 100 skittles and only 1 would kill you, would you still take one?????

Edited by Skallywag

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You see a bowl 100 skittles and only 1 would kill you, would you still take one? ????

Not accurate.

If I saw a bowl of skittles, I assume it a sweet, and knew one might make me unwell with a cough, I might risk it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It is your attitude that is unacceptable.

Don't hate or be selfish and unhumanitarian.  Be kind and selfless with others, it cannot hurt and only helps society feel safer, whether they are cerebral or unknowing ✌️???????? wear it proudly

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, of course you can.

Scientists in Iceland are on a project of testing their entire population. So they're not just testing those who are already sick, those who have travelled, ie those who are at risk, they have also tested Joe Public.

Why do you keep repeating this when its not true? They are not testing the whole population.

This study is now complete, they invited a set number of people for target testing and a set number of people from the public, finished. In total 6% of the population

RESULTS
As of April 4, a total of 1221 of 9199 persons (13.3%) who were recruited for targeted testing had positive results for infection with SARS-CoV-2. Of those tested in the general population, 87 (0.8%) in the open-invitation screening and 13 (0.6%) in the random-population screening tested positive for the virus. In total, 6% of the population was screened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not accurate.

If I saw a bowl of skittles, I assume it a sweet, and knew one might make me unwell with a cough, I might risk it.

Chancer!

You wouldn't know that it would only give you a cough................. your symptoms could be a lot worse and as you are probably in a high risk group that makes you an even bigger chancer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Chancer!

You wouldn't know that it would only give you a cough................. your symptoms could be a lot worse and as you are probably in a high risk group that makes you an even bigger chancer.

Why am I probably in the high risk group?

The chances of me catching Covid are very small and if I did catch it, the chances of me dying are extremely small. 

Just now, Neeranam said:

Why am I probably in the high risk group?

The chances of me catching Covid are very small and if I did catch it, the chances of me dying are extremely small. 

I am in the high risk group????.  Happy that you are not  

But we all live in the same world and need to protect each other???? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You see a bowl 100 skittles and only 1 would kill you, would you still take one?????

It was 3%, not 1% ! But look at it this way .....You get on the BTS with 100 other passengers, 3 of them (on average) will be infected and could infect you. Then you go into a market with 100 people around you, 3 of them will be infected and could infect you.  Then into Big C with another 100 people and another 3 infected people. And then back on the BTS....yes, another 100 people and another 3 carriers. That's 12 people you have come close to and could potentially infect you.

And then repeat again next day. How are the odds now ? or the next day ?