Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

Why scientists are changing their minds and disagreeing during the coronavirus pandemic

US-HEALTH-VIRUS-BRIEFING

US Surgeon General Jerome Adams holds a face mask during the daily briefing on the novel coronavirus, which causes COVID-19, in the Brady Briefing Room of the White House , in Washington, DC.
MANDEL NGAN

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/23/why-scientists-change-their-mind-and-disagree.html?fbclid=IwAR2EY0Y4ZlgV-G_U8KAMO6n7ZGY8rJEjODEggjFqqFTQMIXv4gHLcDvfzlc

Edited by Tony125

40 minutes ago, Tiik said:

That has nothing to do with it you’re referring to going to a house of worship looking unpresentable. You shouldn’t go into government buildings in shorts either that’s like wayyy off topic. Or court. That’s like saying I’m gonna start walking around naked and has nothing to do with this. 

Not at all. Wearing shorts is not illegal. By 'looking presentable' you mean, complying with the temple rules. Some people may think they look perfectly presentable in their shorts (say, part of a safari suit) but they would still be going against the temple rules.

The market in question has a rule saying masks must be worn. If you want to go there, you follow the market rules.

If you are not wearing a mask you cannot visit that market.

If you are wearing shorts you cannot visit the temple.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

No wonder many Thais, especially in the service sector, think badly of Farangs.  Please feel free to F(ly) off back to whatever Country you came from.

PH

Naaaaaah, he's waffling........????

3 minutes ago, Tiik said:

I truly do not understand why putting a mask on that’s been sitting on a table in a purse or a pocket bringing those germs to your face is so hard to comprehend. 

It's not suppose to be in your pockets. It's suppose to be on your face.
When you arrive home, you hang it to dry outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Yes, you wont get lung cancer from the smoke of someone you go near one time. For cars, there are laws n who can drive them and the rules of the road, like distancing. 

Rules of the road, in Thailand! I love your sense of humour????????????

CDC's newest guidelines warn of only one likely way of contracting coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/there-s-only-one-way-to-contract-covid-19-when-grocery-shopping-cdc-says/ar-BB14nILK?li=BBnba9O

CDC's newest guidelines warn of only one likely way of contracting coronavirus

As the CDC is learning more about the nature of COVID-19 and the way it spreads among the population, their guidelines on potential ways you could contract the disease have been updated.

Now, a slight but potentially significant shift has come to light on CDC's website. Where once their coronavirus guidelines warned that "it may be possible" to contract the virus through contaminated surfaces and objects, the website now lists "touching surfaces or objects" as an unlikely way of contracting the virus.

The most important precaution is wearing a face mask and keeping a safe social distance from others at all times. Keep washing your hands frequently and be mindful of touching your face.

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Besides that the man can be sick without knowing it.

The policeman is also wrong as he is not wearing and handling his mask the right way. He is touching it all the time at the frontside and is shoving it up and down on his face, Ergo his hand will be contaminated and also the inside of his mask will get contaminated because germs that reside on his face will get on the inside of the mask by shoving it up and down several times and eventually land in his nose and mouth area. His contaminted hands will touch other objects and infect them aswell. So who is save here?  This what the policemen is doing is also useless and open for debate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

Besides that the man can be sick without knowing it.

The policeman is also wrong as he is not wearing and handling his mask the right way. He is touching it all the time at the frontside and is shoving it up and down on his face, Ergo his hand will be contaminated and also the inside of his mask will get contaminated because germs that reside on his face will get on the inside of the mask by shoving it up and down several times and eventually land in his nose and mouth area. His contaminted hands will touch other objects and infect them aswell. So who is save here?  This what the policemen is doing is also useless and open for debate.

And because we are humans and behave in the way of 'human nature', everyone on the planet will have been guilty of exactly the same behaviour as the cop. Yet doing so renders masks practically pointless? 

That mans chances of being sick are closer to zero than they are to 1% but you keep on using the same tactics as the MSM if you are too gullible

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

I will accept I may have missed reading  there is a world wide agreement on many of the factors involved with Covid-19 and I will accept that the primary reason for infection is airborne. The point I made is that governments have not come to consensus of opinion on the wearing of face masks; compulsory here  and not deemed to be of any benefit unless you are ill in Australia. 

I think it is because social distancing has the same effect and some countries are emphasizing that approach instead, in the UK they are advising people to wear masks (or covering) on public transport but not enforced (which it should)

There are some very obvious common sense things like ventilation in confined spaces 

The idea of mask wearing is (as already mentioned) to stop someone already infected spreading it to others when they breath - talk - sneeze and cough

we are learning every day about this virus as countries like S Korea carry out studies on spread - morbidity - immunity etc

Vitamin D3 deficiency is now becoming a recognised risk factor and might start to explain why certain individuals are reacting more severely to infection than others, in fact IMO I could see Vitamin D becoming very relevant in the coming weeks as studies progress - it might just become the magic bullet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Thanks for confirming.

Governor in Kalasin has made an order,  now a crime there to not wear a mask,  got a spare 20k? Around here in korat there is now so much complacency,  I see a real minority wearing them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Another mad as a box of frogs conspiracy theorist appears as if by magic. Where does TVF get these people from, I rarely meet them in the real world, if ever.

I was thinking why are there so many in Thailand? I can't get away from them.  When I don't see them around here, I know they are out burning down 5G towers, throwing darts at an effigy of Bill Gates or just possibly watching the Messiah, David Icke for inspiration. But don't ask me, I am a just a shapeshifting reptilian sheeple. 

• Like 1

US government health agency CDC revises guidance on spread of coronavirus on surfaces

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-government-health-agency-cdc-155015029.html

McDonald''s in Chelmsford Westway re-opens for a Drive-Thru service after being closed due to the Coronavirus crisis - Shutterstock
McDonald''s in Chelmsford Westway re-opens for a Drive-Thru service after being closed due to the Coronavirus crisis - Shutterstock

The coronavirus is primarily spread from person-to-person and not easily from surfaces or objects, the US’s government health agency has said in revised guidance.

• Like 1

Wow must be so hard to wear a mask in public for some. Perhaps other countries that dont require it would be better.

Do some of you also argue with police that the law is stupid and you wont abide by it?

Really, is it that much of a big deal to wear a mask?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1