Taweesin explains the need to extend state of emergency

webfact

16 hours ago, stouricks said:

Why is the deaf translator not wearing a mask? 

Sorry just realised that deaf people lip read.

Can't recall any of the Thai sighers really speaking. Maybe Taweesin should be the one with no mask. 

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

Do what WE say..not what YOU think is right or wrong :thumbsup:

If the YOU would be able to decide, it will be in first instance about ME - ME,

Now it doesn't mean that I am agree with everything what the WE say.

18 hours ago, kotsak said:

Well, it suits them in many levels, e.g no protestors on the streets, haven't heard a beep regarding the junta anniversary a few days ago ????

Or their harassment of the Future Forward Party, or that the economy was going  to s..t because of their inane, ignorant, blinkered, non-fiscal policies!!!????????????????????????????????

I am and have been since the beginning, a proponent of the lockdown to control the spread of this disease.  That said, I fail to see why continued full lockdown is any benefit?  People are hungry, many out of work & by their own announcement 31 (33 now) days without new infection in Chonburi province.  Yes the populace as behaving under the lockdown (for the most part) & I'm sure the govt are loving that aspect, but at an enormous cost to the economy, to individuals and to the country as a whole.  There soon won't be a country left to exert any power over.  The longer it goes, the more difficult it will be to bounce back from it.  Maybe its time to start a phased recovery?  Or would that be too complicated?

Or quite simply, the poor, the starving and the opposition plan a protest = time to extend rolling bans

20 hours ago, DrTuner said:

In other word, the convoluted mess created by the usurpers is so ineffective, whenever something needs to be done you'll have to slap on the state of emergency.

Pretty much matches my experiences dealing with Thai bureaucracy. 

58 minutes ago, Das Boot said:

Maybe its time to start a phased recovery?  Or would that be too complicated?

What do you think they've been doing under CCSA? Phase three starts 1 June, when massage parlors, one of many type businesses, will be allowed to resume. Monitor the situation (again, per CCSA), and maybe phase four will enter at the end of June. Contrast this to the bedlam in California and Florida, where there was no phased opening of the beaches (well, there was, but no enforcement in place -- Thailand, at least, has a handle on the enforcement, at least to some degree -- under CCSA).

Taweesip seems credible --  I don't see him as a flunky spokesman for the junta. Yeah, it may be too slow for many, but a well-thought out approach by Thailand may just hasten the needed tourist return, when they can feel as assured as if they were, well, going to New Zealand.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, YetAnother said:

i can explain it quite easily: bunch of idiots

Yeah right, and you could do so much better! ????

Why haven't you returned to your own country to lead them through this pandemic? ????

3 hours ago, Das Boot said:

I am and have been since the beginning, a proponent of the lockdown to control the spread of this disease.  That said, I fail to see why continued full lockdown is any benefit?  People are hungry, many out of work & by their own announcement 31 (33 now) days without new infection in Chonburi province.  Yes the populace as behaving under the lockdown (for the most part) & I'm sure the govt are loving that aspect, but at an enormous cost to the economy, to individuals and to the country as a whole.  There soon won't be a country left to exert any power over.  The longer it goes, the more difficult it will be to bounce back from it.  Maybe its time to start a phased recovery?  Or would that be too complicated?

Thailand never had a full 24 hour lockdown. It took sensible actions, including closing it's borders. Actions which have, by comparison with the vaunted Western governments, seem to be much more effective.

Now it has and is pursuing a policy of cautious relaxation of the prohibited activities, whilst still maintaining sensible rules. This is a phased recovery!

The whole world economy is knackered. Some countries, including the big boys, are gonna be much worse off than Thailand when it comes to bouncing back.

Only many TVF posters are either unable to admit it or so far from reality they can't.

• Like 1