British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Does that Include Ian Blackford as well

Ian Blackford MP travelled over 600 (620+ ferry) miles with Covid symptoms into self isolation from London to the Isle of Skye

Returned to Skye from Westminster but into isolation as a precaution away from Ann and everyone else given the prevalence of the virus in London. The right thing to do but hard not seeing Ann. #StayHomeSaveLives
27 Mar 2020

https://twitter.com/Ianblackford_MP/...60209163833344

How dare you!

That tard belongs to a minority group, I’ll have to report this. 

Oops sorry, carry on, nobody’s interested if the tards break rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Does that Include Ian Blackford as well

Ian Blackford MP travelled over 600 (620+ ferry) miles with Covid symptoms into self isolation from London to the Isle of Skye

Returned to Skye from Westminster but into isolation as a precaution away from Ann and everyone else given the prevalence of the virus in London. The right thing to do but hard not seeing Ann. #StayHomeSaveLives
27 Mar 2020

https://twitter.com/Ianblackford_MP/...60209163833344

Ian Blackford aka Dick Turpin, check out his £241,000 expenses last year.

Edited by twocatsmac

1 hour ago, smedly said:

the whole media engine in the UK is seriously (deleted) 

And thinks it's running the country,still to be fair Murdoch is a pillar of honesty and integrity and despite owning more passports than petty France knows what's best for britain.

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

He went home. That is the extent of your complaint. Every single MP went home. He was no different. 

His expenses are high because, at 4,600 sq miles, he has the largest constituency in the uk by area, including many islands. Democracy doesn't come cheap.  But not that expensive - just about twice more than the amount of taxpayers' money Johnson gave to his American tart while his wife was battling cancer. Or is it that Johnson likes expensive tarts?

So you justify, accept and compare it to Johnson’s sleaze.

Thanks for being upfront about it.

You and all the politicians are a virus among us. 

My edit. I want to add scum to that comment.

Edited by twocatsmac

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What complete and utter baloney all done in the name of trying to defend the totally indefensible.

- Blackford left London on the day Westminster was recessed - as did every other MP.

- He left and went to his home - as did every other MP.

That is the total extent of the story. Unfortunately you have been duped by the Scottish yoons who are aghast as their precious union melts in front of their eyes, and the Nasty Party north of the border hemorrhages member. Therefore, they try to smear and whine and lie because they have nothing of substance to offer as a counterpoint to the disaster that is Westminster's handing of this crisis. 

I am sure many people went home from work that day, but how many decided that they needed to go into  self isolation 

Edited by vinny41
additional info

3 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

So you justify, accept and compare it to Johnson’s sleaze.

Thanks for being upfront about it.

You and all the politicians are a virus among us. 

My edit. I want to add scum to that comment.

I am a virus and I am scum? Did I read that right?

• Haha 1

Well if you want a hint as to why the UK is performing below your expectations, don't look at Boris and Cummins, look at the population, full of low intelligence dimwits who are throwing their arms in the air grasping the first excuse to be indifferent to the controls, and pronouncing 'if he can do it we can do it' encouraged by the even less intelligent media - move on is indeed the right strategy, preferably off the packed beach !!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Westminster was crawling with the virus at the time. Personally, I think his actions were the correct and responsible ones. Alastair Carmichael (LD) traveled to Shetland; Douglas Ross (CON) traveled to Moray; David Mundell (CON) travelled to Edinburgh. What is the distance traveled that triggers your outrage?

Even stranger that Ian Blackford has deleted his tweet now, Wonder Why Maybe Sky News and the BBC are after him now

British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

Sounds like the husband caught in flagrante by his wife, after 3 minutes of shouting telling her it's time to change the subject.

Ah yes, I remember when Richard Nixon tried the same thing: he went in front of the television cameras and said "the American people are tired of hearing about Watergate."  That worked a charm.  I don't think I've ever met a Brit who would swallow something along those lines.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Can't think how he can rack up £241k of expenses, even if his constituency is spread out over a large area. Are boat trips expensive up there? 

As I understand it he's a pretty wealthy man anyway, so I hope he's not claiming for every cup of tea.  Aside from his lovely home in 10 acres, he apparently earned close to £2 million from his shares in a telecoms company. 

On top of his £75,000 MP's salary he has two more 'jobs'. One of those additional jobs pays £3,247.25 a month for working just 8 hrs per quarter. On top of this he's paid £1,575.85 per day for any additional work. 

And he tries to portray himself as a simple crofter....ok ????

I have nothing against people earning good money, but I'm not keen on hypocrites. 

Good to see we are aligned about hypocrites  - Dominic " I can see clearly now the rules have gone" Scummings. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

So even leaving aside the clear circumvention of his own rules, ie he had numerous other options, embarking on a 60 mile journey to ‘test your eyesight’ whilst loading the car with your wife and 4 year old child  with doubts over your eyesight is ‘doing nothing wrong’ ?? What a bizarre assertion. 

Assuming it wasn’t utter lies and his eyesight was compromised and he crashed into and killed your kids, what would be your take on it then when it got out ?  

Even Brexiteers must be able to see through this one ! 

Oh but love is blind.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JWRC said:

The whole response to this is so typically English, Whinge and complain about everything, go on and on and on about it. I agree with the guy who said it's time to move on, the transgressor, if indeed he actually was, is far more value to Boris as a senior adviser. The British public are being whipped into a frenzy by the media and are too gullible and easily aroused.

Not at all like what would be seen here if a politician had, say, a collection of watches and after being hounded by questions from inquisitive journalists, suggest we all move on as it has been discussed enough. No, nothing like that at all.

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

This not a Brexit thread.... take your pointless, gutless and off-topic comments elsewhere.

Dominic Cummings IS Mr Brexit.

He is quite literally the guy that was played by Benedict Cumberbatch in the movie.

Anything he touches will immediately be tainted by Brexit.

• Like 1