Foreigners allowed to enter Thailand on case-by-case basis

webfact

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

The current flights are repatriation.

Once all repatriations have been done then they will look at the expats and defacto and married people who are separated.

Evidently there was a flight of 240 thai people from Australia yesterday. 

They kept it pretty quiet. 

How rude not to offer me a seat on it. lol.

I could have used the Thai Airways credit voucher (that im still waiting to hear more about)

Although there was that case featured here not long ago where the whole family arrived here returning from a holiday in South Africa,the farang husband was denied entry and sent back while wife and kids allowed through. So I think that’s an excuse for discrimination.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kensisaket said:

Well, I had guys working for me in Florida who would go to a walk-in clinic; and, pay $10 to get a day off. I would imagine those same clinics would willingly hand out health certificates.  

Zero chance. 

41 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I feel for families who are being kept apart by this current situation.

I see so much Thai bashing on this site - but the rules here in Oz are not much different. Australian nationals need to apply for permission to leave our country - our Government has banned us from leaving ! In effect we are prisoners in our country - but this is typical behaviour in our ‘nanny state’ here.

You cannot get travel insurance to cover you for Covid19, but for the right price health insurance that covers for Covid19 (and any other illness/accident) was not difficult to get. I took out a policy with Regency - and they happily gave me all of the certificates I required to keep the Thai authorities happy.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Did you have to take a full 12 months health policy with Regency, or is it available for say 21 days, 30 days etc?

Did you need to:

- Visit the Thai embassy in Sydney or wherever to get any of the required entry docs?

- Get a very recent Covid 19 test report? 

- If you have recently got an air booking, would you please share what airline.

Thanks, appreciated.

Edited by scorecard

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

Although there was that case featured here not long ago where the whole family arrived here returning from a holiday in South Africa,the farang husband was denied entry and sent back while wife and kids allowed through. So I think that’s an excuse for discrimination.

Did he have a valid permission of stay with reentry permit?

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Did you have to take a full 12 months health policy with Regency, or is it available for say 21 days, 30 days etc?

Did you need to:

- Visit the Thai embassy in Sydney or wherever to get any of the required entry docs?

Thanks, appreciated.

I took out an annual policy  - I needed that to satisfy requirements for retirement Visa anyway. Not sure if shorter time frames will be allowed. 
I have been dealing withThai embassy in Canberra - but - they have stopped issuing visas other than for diplomats or anyone ‘officially’ working with corona.

I got health certificate from my GP, stating I was healthy and was exhibiting no symptoms conducive with Corona - I was told that was satisfactory.

At this stage my Thai partner and I are hoping to return to Thailand with Cathay in early July - have bookings - but obviously we need a few ducks to line up for that to happen!

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

OK, they can do with their country what they want. Needless to say, that they might let in aliens on a case-by-case basis. For sure is, that many of those in the land will be leaving with oneway tickets once the borders are open again. 

Work permit = your health pass and teflon shield to fight health issues ..... family has to stay away as not work permit protected ???? 

Is there anyone left with some common sense at all? 

I reckon i'm looking at the end of July and then that's it, these lot have just cranked it up another level.....  They havn't even got over the last dose of karma and here we are planning to mess everyone around a shed load more, including the Thai people........ what a shower of S%$#......... 

1 minute ago, G Rex said:

I took out an annual policy  - I needed that to satisfy requirements for retirement Visa anyway. Not sure if shorter time frames will be allowed. 

Was that Regency health-insurance policy that also coverd Covid-19 accepted when you applied for the Non Imm O-A Visa?

Or am I making incorrect assumptions.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

You are reading but failing to comprehend what was written!  I'm not talking before Covid 19!  think before you speak why would anyone be selling Covid 19 insurance prior if they knew they should also have a vaccine now!

As I noted there were a number of insurance company here in Thailand selling Covid 19 AFTER!  I got one AFTER with AXA for 1500 baht, but there is a waiting period of 30 days before coverage! 

There are a number of companies or brokers advertising on Facebook, here is one I just pull out for you!

FINDMEEXPATINSURANCE.COM  They currently advertise insurance for Covid 19,  although you are in UK, you might be able to buy it online and they can forward you the police online print it out there you go!  if so, you are covered the hardest part is getting a updated medical certification! 

Good luck!

ill look into it but there a hell of lot of people saying exactly the same thing as me. also how long after did you get your insurance? as maybe if it was just after the outbreak then that is why.

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

You can get travel insurance IF your home country doesn't have Thailand on their travel warning list they will pay. This is what I was told by my insurance company.

im talking about insurance that cover you for covid 19 not just normal travel insurance.

59 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Did you need to:

Thanks, appreciated.

The Covid cover with Regency is annual in my policy, they also supply a separate document that says you're covered for $100,000 ( which may come in handy ).

46 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Yes,that was made clear.

It wasn't made clear at all. Not all married guys have extensions based on marriage. Some visit Thailand visa exempt. Apart from that the family you mention "went on holiday to SA. March 16 I was Saigon airport and all flights to Singapore cancelled along with 14 day isolation starting next day. March ~19 Vietnam close borders. Same as NZ. AU March 20.

Many other countries around same time.

Thailand MARCH 26.

Bit stupid of that family to miss the boat.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, treetops said:

WP holders can now apply to get on the repatriation flights, and there's still plenty of these.

Note it is not a Covid Free certificate but a Fit to Fly one.

Try to convince Thai Immigration about that ????

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Do you know of any other countries that are preventing the return of those that are normally resident with wives and children there and the appropriate visa? Particularly where they are prepared to fund the cost of their own quarantine.

Actually quite alot, dont have time to name them all.

I do sympathise with you though.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Nonsense.

The Thais have dealt with the situation admirably.

Incompetence? Look to the UK and USA.

scientific advisors must take the blame as they get it wrong mostly and there is no guidebook to dealing with pandemics .so isnt hind sight wonderfull when having a dig

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

ill look into it but there a hell of lot of people saying exactly the same thing as me. also how long after did you get your insurance? as maybe if it was just after the outbreak then that is why.

Look, you ask for help which is what I'm trying to do by giving you some information. You can go with it or just go with " hell of lot of people saying exactly the same thing " I purchased the policy beginning of April from AXA in Pattaya Thailand you the website I gave you was today on Facebook.  You can go with it or just continue to look for excuses the time you are taken to reply to me you could of just done your homework and decided for yourself. It is really as easy as that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I assume this is the case your talking about and the farang husband wasn't denied entry and sent back , so no grounds for discrimination . at the moment any Thai national getting on the repatriation has to registed and complete the required forms and docs. just turning up at the airport you will not get pass check-in

https://www.thaienquirer.com/13594/covid-interrupted-how-a-familys-dream-vacation-turned-into-a-covid-interrupted-nightmare/

• Like 2

For any people stuck in the U.S. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS a laboratory company which has an office in almost every major city is offering covid 19 testing for $ 119.00 U.S. 

Have no idea about where to get the health insurance nor what the costs will be. 

Does anyone know what the Thai government will charge for the 14 day quarantine????

Thanks

3 hours ago, Know not me said:

Does anyone know what the Thai government will charge for the 14 day quarantine????

Nothing is known at this point.

The only known bits that are available now lead us to  anticipate that July seems to be the opening month for foreign travel.

And that's it. Nothing else is known about the restrictions yet.

Makes no sense to speculate until we start getting related releases next month.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Know not me said:

For any people stuck in the U.S. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS a laboratory company which has an office in almost every major city is offering covid 19 testing for $ 119.00 U.S. 

Have no idea about where to get the health insurance nor what the costs will be. 

Thanks

https://www.worldnomads.com/usa/help/insurance/recent-events/coronavirus-faqs

21 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I have an insurance with a Thai company it is specifically for Covid trouble is the maximum amount is 100,000 baht for medical treatment and not much more for death . The Thai government want us to have $100,000 $$$$ not 100,000 baht. Can you imagine come August if the borders open foreigners fleeing to neighbouring countries to renew visas only to be denied entry back into Thailand due to not having the new requirements what a way to get rid of all those foreigners who contribute to the Thai economy

Yes I have same insurance as you from Roojai. Agree $100,000 is a crazy requirement even if people can get it, the price will be expensive

• Like 1