When Does The Schools Re-starts???

Hi,

I have heard different answer to the question, when schools will reopen again! There is 1st of july and there is what I´ve heard,, 1st of august.

Can anybody nice soul enlighten me, to when the thai public schools are re-opened again??

Thank you,

glegolo

1 hour ago, 2long said:

Judging by the title of this thread, not early enough! ????

You have a higher opinion of the English teaching standards in public schools than myself, if you think this mistake would be picked up.

3 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I do appreciate your answers guys, but love to have an actuel answer to my question. That is, if anybody knows of course!!

glegolo

I have only seen July 1st mentioned as the start date for schools. August might of been mentioned if there were a large number of new cases of the virus.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have only seen July 1st mentioned as the start date for schools. August might of been mentioned if there were a large number of new cases of the virus.

Yes Joe, I saw that you wrote this also ealier in this thred. I think you are correct in this, there is no other answers,,, so I am happy to at least know now for planning-purposes..

glegolo

The school I work at says 1 July, and to be prepared to close 1 Aug if the little germ factories bring in a new spike of Covid-19. Partially tongue in cheek, but the message has been received.

Edited by J Town
gramar [sic]
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J Town said:

The school I work at says 1 July, and to be prepared to close 1 Aug if the little germ factories bring in a new spike of Covid-19. Partially tongue in cheek, but the messages has been received.

thank you so much, well noted.

glegolo

13 hours ago, J Town said:

The school I work at says 1 July, and to be prepared to close 1 Aug if the little germ factories bring in a new spike of Covid-19. Partially tongue in cheek, but the message has been received.

Doubt very much they will stay open for a month if any infections occur from the 1st July.

• Thanks 1

Private schools were free to open before July 1st but chose to match the opening of government schools on July 1st. The MOE has no concrete plan for the reopening yet and I suspect the date will be pushed back further than July 1st for government schools. 

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

4 months of home schooling has been enough for me.  I need a day off...lol.  Sent the GF and the kids to the park thinking I could get a breather and instead I fell asleep in my office chair while looking for more online math papers for them to complete......

Just sign them up for a couple of onlne classes - Khan is good, we do just one hour per day and that's better than what he'd do at school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, wmlc said:

Private schools were free to open before July 1st but chose to match the opening of government schools on July 1st. The MOE has no concrete plan for the reopening yet and I suspect the date will be pushed back further than July 1st for government schools. 

No. Many private schools wanted to open Monday last week, announcement by MoE was made already to that effect, but MoE backtracked, I think due to Korean schools closing again. Opening 1 June was not allowed by MoE.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Just sign them up for a couple of onlne classes - Khan is good, we do just one hour per day and that's better than what he'd do at school.

Yes, really good, although their explanations start of well but soon start to confuse the issue.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know it is still July 1st. 

My daughter goes to a private school and it is still July 1st.

Are they nuts to open private schools 1st July, if the school follows the British curriculum they will be only open for 2 weeks then shut down until the new school year in September, unless of course they are doing away with the end of year 6 week break to catch up for lost time if not i would not be getting my daughter to go to school for 2 weeks.

Moderator - I think you can close this thread down now, it seems mostly to be stupid off topic responses coming in now..

Thank you all guys for your help..  I got my answers, so all good...

glegolo

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Are they nuts to open private schools 1st July, if the school follows the British curriculum they will be only open for 2 weeks then shut down until the new school year in September, unless of course they are doing away with the end of year 6 week break to catch up for lost time if not i would not be getting my daughter to go to school for 2 weeks.

It is not a international school. It uses the Thai schedule for semesters.

• Like 1

Like most other schools, mine will be opening on July 1.  We are currently trying to organize classes so that the students can practice Social Distancing.  Personally I think that trying to make 10 year old stay at least one meter away from each other is an idea that is doomed for the very beginning.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of schools end up just going through the motions after the first week or so.

3 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Like most other schools, mine will be opening on July 1.  We are currently trying to organize classes so that the students can practice Social Distancing.  Personally I think that trying to make 10 year old stay at least one meter away from each other is an idea that is doomed for the very beginning.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of schools end up just going through the motions after the first week or so.

And that is for the 10 years old. How about the younger ones, no chance at all.