Fiancée Visa UK

In short, I haven’t seen or my Fiancee or son since August 24, 2019.

A combination of incomplete Visa documents, TB culture tests and finally a  global pandemic meant that we did not submit our settlement application until the 17th February 2020.

We were told it would take a maximum of 60 working days i.e. three months for the application to be completed.

We got an email from VFS on 15 April 2020 informing us that due to the pandemic our pending application would be placed on hold until further notice, we then received another email from VFS on 27th May 2020 stating...

Dear Customer,

From 1 June, UK Visas and Immigration is beginning a phased resumption of services and our Visa Application Centre in Thailand / Bangkok will be open from the sames date. 

Our records show that you have a pending application fro a UK Visa that is yet to be concluded. This application is now active again, so we invite you to reschedule your biometric appointment at your Visa Application Centre

If you previously uploaded documents for your appointment, you will also be able to view, delete or add to these.

This is confusing because her application has been pending since February, we have absolutely no reason to schedule another biometric appointment and her application is no longer viewable on the VFS ebsite. 

I suppose my question is, has anybody out there who had a pending application, received their visa since VFS reopened on 1st June?

To say the past year has been torturous would be an understatement and I wish anybody else out there in a similar situation all the best.

13 minutes ago, NickLDN said:

This is confusing because her application Has been pending since February, we have absolutely no reason to schedule another appointment, and her Application is no longer viewable on the VFS website.

Has your fiancée already attended the biometric appointment?

Yes, she had her appointment with bio metrics, TB cert, English A1 cert, the whole 9 yards om 17th February 2020

At the time the VFS closed due to the pandemic we were already 2 months in to the supposed maximum 3 month wait for a decision on the visa.

I would imagine that the application is in a pile of applications in Sheffield, waiting to be dealt with (as far as I am aware, no overseas UKVI offices are processing applications, so all applications, from the whole world, are being dealt with in Sheffield at the moment).  You can try sending an email (cost 5.48 GBP) to the International Enquiry Service, but it is likely (as they are just an outsourced call centre) that they will give you the same information that is in the email.

What is the difference between a Fiancee and a long time Girlfriend? Just because you have 'promised' to marry her and bought her a ring should you get preferential treatment?

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

What is the difference between a Fiancee and a long time Girlfriend? Just because you have 'promised' to marry her and bought her a ring should you get preferential treatment?

It's just a name, either a fiancee of girlfriend can apply for this class of visa, the rules are the same, you are not required to buy a ring.

• Haha 1