Saying Trump 'drifted away' from Constitution, Colin Powell picks Biden

webfact

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about not using the US military inside the USA?

The press is full of articles about it. You just have to read...

I read.  Can you explain where an unconstitutional use of military in the US was ordered by Trump?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yup many over a billion lost squandered a 400 million inheritance and don’t assume I’m left wing I just don’t support trump I support the constitution and rule of law the first amendment 99% of the protests have been peaceful and nessary I might add I’m not so good with computers to do all the grafts and sourcing many do here for that I apologize but the fact remains trump trashes the constitution regularly 

Every sitting president in recent history has trashed the constitution regularly. Executive orders are now used in places the original founders would have been apalled about. Wars have been waged and called "police actions" to get around the constitution. The constitution has become an annoyance to every sitting president. Don't even start about abrogation of first amendment rights under the guise of fighting terrorism. Trump is no different from any other president in that regard. He is just more vocal about tweeting his disrespect for it.

At some point it will become so bad the states will call for a new convention that will tear it up and start over. That is when the real scary part begins, because nobody knows what will come out of that. It hasn't reached that point yet. But it is ever present in America's future.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

"Several Republican groups have formed to oppose Trump's reelection, including a super PAC, the Lincoln Project, and a new initiative called Republican Voters Against Trump, which last week kicked off a $10 million digital ad campaign."

Going to see lots of tweeting tantrums from Trump in the coming days, should be fun but do check the facts in case anything he says may be incorrect.

You might want to change that to '...do check the facts in case anything he says may be correct.'

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

You might want to change that to '...do check the facts in case anything he says may be correct.'

Rollin', rollin' down the river.... 6000 lies and counting.  555

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And again referring to Trump as 'but others are doing/did it as well'.

Trump is in a completely different class when it comes to everything: he is lying, he has a lack of morals, he has a lack of decency, he has no respect for others, etc.

He is a demagogue. That is his nature. It is merely one of degree. Psycopaths exists along the spectrum of humanity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

True, for which Powell has expressed sorrow. Trump lies multiple times every day and attempts to navigate away from the Constitution regularly, enabled by his Cabinet, none of whom express remorse.

Powell would have known he will be attacked remorselessly by trump and his supporters - good on him for standing up.

"sorrow"  for killing thousands?  really?  if he was "sorry" he should keep his fat mouth SHUT and hang his head in shame

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, how dare Powell have an opinion, never mind express it. Doesn’t he know his place...

To be fair he had an 'opinion' on Iraq and look how that turned out. Many thousands perished because of HIM.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

To be fair he had an 'opinion' on Iraq and look how that turned out. Many thousands perished because of HIM.

The poster I quoted criticised Powell for exercising his right to express his opinion. 

If being wrong was a reason not to do so trump would be completely silent. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2