How to stop unwanted SMS on Truemove H

SteveK

Hi. I am on Truemove H. If I put 50 baht on my phone intending to make a call, by the time I go to make the call my balance is zero. I can only think all these dumb messages from various sources like CampusCute (<deleted> is that anyway?) are draining my balance.

Any ideas on how to stop this? 

Could the credit drain be anything to do with internet usage?

i.e. you put 50b on the your phone, it then immediately connects to 4G and drains your credit?

Only a guess of course, but if so, turn off your data before adding credit.

Regarding the unwanted messages (which are also irritating) - Call True and see if they can block adverts, or at least that specific advert.

A number of years ago I'd been in Malaysia with my phone turned off (Thai AIS post pay package), when I turned my phone on I received a load of Multi Media Messages (in Thai) from Thai News Network. When I returned back to Bangkok I saw that I'd been charged approximately 6000 baht for receiving these multi-media messages while roaming. I contested this with AIS, pointing out that I didn't sign up to any messaging etc - its their fault for permitting 'junk messages' through their system - Surprising AIS waved the charges and blocked Thai News Network and other junk messaging numbers.

So... there are options and these phone companies are not always unreasonable etc (personal experience anyway) - Give True a call, I suspect much of the success you achieve will come down to how switched on the person you are talking with is.

• Thanks 1

i get a new sim card at 7-11 each time i travel to thailand, and each time immediately start getting junk advertising texts.  sometimes dozens per day.  next day have to visit the true sales office at the local mall to have them shut off the advertising texts.

the clerks are lazy, will say it can't be done.  speak with the manager.  they can do it, but can take an hour or more.

16 minutes ago, SteveK said:

CampusCute (<deleted> is that anyway?) are draining my balance.

Is that Campuscuties draining your balance...  ????

Sorry.

Maybe try getting one of their packages.  More then 50 b but usually everything included with some limitations I think they start around 200 b for 30 days.