Schools, colleges, theme parks set to reopen under 4th phase easing on June 15

webfact

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Places where you bellow out are high risk. Pubs & bars could open if the patrons get a gag.

I can think of a few patrons, at the few bars I frequent, I wouldn't mind seeing gagged.

16 hours ago, garygooner said:

Beer bars can't open makes no sense at all. 

Also, why can people watch concerts, but not sports events. 

(You can watch concerts but don't sing along!) 

It makes sense to a teetotaller in charge.

No mention of bars and hotels which are really what needs to be open if TAT is to have any hope hitting their numbers, if restaurants are allowed then bars and hotels should be as should  travel within the kingdom, there are going to be a lot folks without jobs soon to add to the ones that have already lost them and that hits the economy.  You may say it seems like someone is making this up as  they go along. I could not possibly comment.

I wont be going to any of these partioned restaurants or buffets where you cannot choose yourself what you want until they return to normal operating as it used to be.

• Like 2

think of this logic.

overseas......two weeks ago, crowds were the worst, funerals banned, groups banned in the name of covid

this week......crowds great, funerals ok for certain people, certain groups welcomed if sending the right message

they called people who went to swimming pools as the worst humans ever.....then this week if you protested in a group of 100,000 you were a hero.  

strange, since forced isolation does do great harm to many.  can't get proper cancer screening, or medication, or suicide, etc......  that was forgotten.  protests?  oh, that's good media

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nong38 said:

No mention of bars and hotels which are really what needs to be open if TAT is to have any hope hitting their numbers, if restaurants are allowed then bars and hotels should be as should  travel within the kingdom, there are going to be a lot folks without jobs soon to add to the ones that have already lost them and that hits the economy.  You may say it seems like someone is making this up as  they go along. I could not possibly comment.

Hotels have been open for some time already.

Some remain closed because they have used the opportunity to do some renovation work, or because they can't expect any customer yet.

And this also ensured the numbers of Covid case are now increasing in certain places....

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

think of this logic.

overseas......two weeks ago, crowds were the worst, funerals banned, groups banned in the name of covid

this week......crowds great, funerals ok for certain people, certain groups welcomed if sending the right message

they called people who went to swimming pools as the worst humans ever.....then this week if you protested in a group of 100,000 you were a hero.  

strange, since forced isolation does do great harm to many.  can't get proper cancer screening, or medication, or suicide, etc......  that was forgotten.  protests?  oh, that's good media

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, there is, I downloaded it a week or so ago.

What is the advantage of downloading the app?

I use a QR code reader, It takes me to the site. I click Check In and that's it. On leaving I do the same. Click Check out.

Why download an app and risk all sorts of adware, spyware or whatever?

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Major measures include mandatory mask-wearing, hand-cleansing stations, frequent cleaning, ensuring desks are placed at least 1 metre apart, social distancing of 5 metres between staff and students, reduced classroom time

It is my intention to get right on this, (in bold) when I return to the Uni on the 28th of this month. ????

Quick PPT, some discussion and then off they go. A 4 hour lecture will become 2 hours!

I am doing it for the students! ????

2 minutes ago, thequietman said:

It is my intention to get right on this, (in bold) when I return to the Uni on the 28th of this month. ????

Quick PPT, some discussion and then off they go. A 4 hour lecture will become 2 hours!

I am doing it for the students! ????

Interesting.

We received an email that all lessons next semester will be conducted online. We will be allowed to have 3 activities at the university, but maximum 20 students.

As, one teacher pointed out - many of the students rent rooms in Bangkok. Will they come and rent a room for one or two lessons?

OMG - 4 hour lectures? We are lucky we only have 3 hours ( 3 x 50 minutes)

Edited by petedk

4 minutes ago, petedk said:

What is the advantage of downloading the app?

I use a QR code reader, It takes me to the site. I click Check In and that's it. On leaving I do the same. Click Check out.

Why download an app and risk all sorts of adware, spyware or whatever?

What do you mean by "a QR code reader takes you to the site"?

Can you explain how you proceed exactly?

1 minute ago, petedk said:

Interesting.

We received an email that all lessons next semester will be conducted online. We will be allowed to have 3 activities at the university, but maximum 20 students.

As, one teacher pointed out - many of the students rent rooms in Bangkok. Will they come and rent a room for one or two lessons?

Sorry, I will be lecturing online, but my earlier post still applies. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And as is the case with everything this administration does, no thought is given to the bigger picture, the long term view, or the value of the money that these gals earn, when it is sent and spent upcountry. Again, upcountry does not count for much, though they represent the majority. The poor here are scorned and ignored. Why do you think Thaksin was so immensely popular? 

This is all about power, at this point, and has NOTHING to do with public safety. And the best way to insure public safety and well being is to let them go back to work.

Whatever the initial aim (to inhibit the spread of Covid 19) it has become a means of re-ordering society, how the people live, interact, earn a living, are educated, and when permitted enjoy themselves. It all hinges on control, the mobile phone apps are central to that. The Orwellian catch phrases "new normal" and "the new normal era" are the give aways!

For those lower down the chain of command, it is an almost unlimited, endless opportunity to enjoy and exercise power, to be welcomed eagerly.

Will they be able to establish the level of control needed to ensure that it works? We will see. Given their track record for incompetence and corruption, and given that those at the top have little interest in anything or anybody beyond metropolitan Bangkok ( unless it is a gold mine or similar source of wealth!) I am sceptical.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

What do you mean by "a QR code reader takes you to the site"?

Can you explain how you proceed exactly?

Yes, I downloaded a QR code reader many years ago when QR codes started appearing.

It opens up a camera. You hold the camera in front of the QR code photo. The website link appears on the phone. Click and you are take to Thaichana website where you have the choice "Check in" or "check out". Easy.

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where and how are we suppose to fill in this health form.  So I drive to visit friends in Phang Nga from Bangkok, will I need this form before I go, or when I get to their house, or is it only if I use public transport?

This applies to public transport no problem with private car as far as I am aware.

50 minutes ago, petedk said:

Yes, I downloaded a QR code reader many years ago when QR codes started appearing.

It opens up a camera. You hold the camera in front of the QR code photo. The website link appears on the phone. Click and you are take to Thaichana website where you have the choice "Check in" or "check out". Easy.

Thanks. 

I will try that... 

42 minutes ago, mikosan said:

I am.  All that will happen is that the restaurants will turn into bars, as they did when the initial lockdown started.  Open the lot for the sale of alcohol, or none of them.  As I have said before, this is an opportunity for the government to crush the girlie bar scene and sports bars and normal bars are simply collateral damage.  Now some may agree with this, but it is a fact of life that those that will suffer unduly are the employees of those girlie bars, who just happen to be among the poorest and weakest of Thai society.  So the government is crushing the poor and weak as well.  But they won't be losing any votes, so what does it matter to them?  

Partially agree... 

Yes, it seems more and more obvious that the real objective is to crush the bar, go-go bar and pub industry which, it must be said, has directly or indirectly contributed to Thailand's debatable reputation. 

As for the girls, things are not so straightforward. 

Until the pandemic, Thailand always had plenty of low level jobs available... just look at the number of "salespersons" in the alleys of a Home Pro, for example... mindboggling! 

The girls who opted for the bar scene didn't do it for lack of alternatives, but because they were looking for easy money in return for very little work. 

Discouraging such behavior is not a bad thing, especially if you take into account that many girls working the bar scene become alcoholic or drug addicts in the process. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikosan said:

I am.  All that will happen is that the restaurants will turn into bars, as they did when the initial lockdown started.  Open the lot for the sale of alcohol, or none of them.  As I have said before, this is an opportunity for the government to crush the girlie bar scene and sports bars and normal bars are simply collateral damage.  Now some may agree with this, but it is a fact of life that those that will suffer unduly are the employees of those girlie bars, who just happen to be among the poorest and weakest of Thai society.  So the government is crushing the poor and weak as well.  But they won't be losing any votes, so what does it matter to them?  

The Thai government is currently trying to encourage Thais to go work in foreign countries, maybe it is actually the working girls they are targeting - if you want to sell sex for money go do it in Dubai lol 

• Thanks 1