Thailand ranks 47th in world study: How safe do you feel about living in and visiting Thailand?

webfact

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

1 hour ago, DLock said:

If NZ is not ranked number 1, then the report is bunk.

Germany had 8,884 deaths and Switzerland had 1936...and still have active cases.

NZ had 22 and is now 100% Corona virus free with no restrictions.

The report, from the Deep Knowledge group that is part of an investment firm, is based on more than 100 quantitative and qualitative parameters. It considers thousands of data points based on categories like quarantine efficiency, monitoring and detection, health readiness and the efficiency of governments.”

This report is balanced and does not use the death rate as single criterion.

Useless lockdowns and curfews result in a bad ranking.

How strange. How can anywhere be safer than New Zealand right now? Swiss and German governments have reacted to covid and controlled it well, but it hasn’t been a slam dunk for either country, particularly Germany. 

oh well ????‍♂️

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, paulswebb said:

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. 58 deaths is the average for daily road deaths and no body cares about that, so why the fuss over covid.

I think it’s because 110k people have died in the USA in a few months and that’s despite unprecedented counter measures being taken. Quite a few deaths in other countries, again despite unprecedented counter measures.

i may be wrong, but I think those stats caused some of the fuss in a number of countries

1 hour ago, Katipo said:

New Zealand down at #9 in spite of being the only verifiable Covid free country on the world.

Other countries were verified free of the virus way before New Zealand made it’s claim.

7 hours ago, mr mr said:

total fake news.

thailand has had a mere 58 or so deaths from the wuwu. by those numbers alone thailand is surely the best ? no ? 

probably New Zealand looks to be on top now... I feel pretty safe in North Thailand.. 

As far as I'm concerned Thailand should rate much higher. An asymptomatic individual is contagious for 8 days; maximum 12. So Thailand is quite safe. The problem I think is that we don't know when the study gathered their data points and the weight assigned to each. That is, what is important and of lesser concern. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mbaki said:

Other countries were verified free of the virus way before New Zealand made it’s claim.

Really? You might like to name the "other" countries verified free of the virus way before New Zealand scientifically established it was free of Covid-19 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Really? You might like to name the "other" countries verified free of the virus way before New Zealand scientifically established it was free of Covid-19 

Tanzania, Vatican, Fiji, Montenegro, Seychelles, St. Kitts and Nevis, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guniea were virus free before New Zealand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Come on now. There is very limited testing here. Therefore those numbers are highly questionable. 

Therefore I think such a low ranking which will be shocking to many is quite fair and realistic. 

Whatever they based their study on, there is an agenda behind it. I'm stuck in Austria. Next door Germany (Bavaria alone) with approx. same population as Austria has more infections/deaths than Austria has. We had no deaths for a few weeks, very low new infections, and Germany is better? Forget this study done by an investment firm.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mr mr said:

total fake news.

thailand has had a mere 58 or so deaths from the wuwu. by those numbers alone thailand is surely the best ? no ? 

it is based on a lot more parameters then just the death rate. I personally think the death rate in Thailand is not true, however I do think that now Thailand is probably one of the safest countries due to lack of infection and frankly the climate. you can read too many of these things, if you are in Thailand you should thank your lucky stars and just enjoy and get on with life.. ????

• Like 2

What kind of a nonsense survey is this? Switzerland has had over 31,000 cases and almost 2,000 deaths, compared with 3,000 and 58 for Thailand. The virus doesn't care if you've got a view of glorious snow-capped peaks or a mango tree, if it's got your name on it then bad luck.

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

How safe living in? On borrowed time until CCP gets control, so just about the same as Papillon. 

The old advice of not investing more in Thailand than you're willing to walk away from is still valid.

This old advice is valid everywhere. 

I don't FEEL safe in Thailand, I AM safe. Thailand does not have a COVID problem. There is no hidden outbreak or significant number of unreported deaths. COVID dies in Thailand. We don't hug or kiss on greeting, we don't dwell in 24/7 aircon, we don't crowd together to cut in line, we don't live in overly-crowded conditions. Thailand has proven it is a safe haven from COVID.

We seem to have done OK with safe distancing and contact tracing. Not as well as Taiwan, not as badly as the US. Just OK. We need to do better.

Here is an example - I need a face mask and contact registration to get into the mall, but there is no time stamp on the registration sheet. And I do not have to register to walk into individual stores. It is not reasonable to expect everyone who visited a mall on a given day to go into quarantine if one sick person  passes through the mall. We must all be more diligent about preparing for contact tracing.

Once we open up, COVID carriers will arrive, and we need to make sure the disease does not start to spread in Thailand.

Thailand must win!

• Haha 2