Second wave of infections may not be so bad if everyone cooperates: expert

snoop1130

Just now, transam said:

I take Centrum Silver 50+ multi vitamins tabs, I was surprised to read that they have 100% daily dose of vitamin D.....????

I used to take them until recently, but at 750 baht they were getting pricey here, so I recently purchased Bioton multivitamins 50 capsules x 2 for 700 baht on special at Watsons, the vitamin D dose in them is 400iu vs 20 micorgrams in Centrum S 50+ which is in fact a higher dose, however also purchased Vitamin D on its own, 60 capsules for 400 baht which has 1,000iu, that said, we only need 800iu per day in the supplement form, so I am overdosing but getting a higher dose for about the same amount of outlay ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Google tells us '10 - 30 minutes of midday sun several times a week' is enough to maintain healthy levels of vitamin D

You guys are taking vitamin D supplements in Thailand!

Midday sun here is 7.30-8.00 in the morning for me, but have to remember to take off my singlet otherwise it becomes part of the tan. The supplements help, so its the sun and supplements.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I enjoy eggs, and mushrooms, often combined in an omelette as by coincidence was lunch today, currently in the UK out in the sun cycling for over an hour a day.

Funny you mention mouthwash, I also gargle mouthwash, deep breaths in and out through my nose before I leave the house and when I return, as I wash my hands, didn't know of any real benefit but figured would do no harm.

Edit: Just to say I wonder how far sitting in the sun and eating a bowl of somtam would supply daily vitamin intake? Especially if followed by a mango fresh from the tree????

Sounds good. And, you didn't mention garlic. So, you're probably safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nobody(?) talks about the influence of UV-light.

Authorities might be too afraid? Panic fears?

But the OP is a really accurate article, I suppose.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

... to avoid a second wave of Covid-19 infections if people do not let their guard down.

That's a good advice.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

For only 58 deaths the economical damage seems rather high.

Just wait for the tourist ads. "Amazing Thailand, land of no coronavirus"  "See why Thai smile."

13 hours ago, 473geo said:

Google tells us '10 - 30 minutes of midday sun several times a week' is enough to maintain healthy levels of vitamin D

You guys are taking vitamin D supplements in Thailand!

Well, some of us have adapted to the Thai way, stay out of the sun. Vit D is only taken into the body by direct sunlight. Plus my baby skin could attract skin cancer, which at my time of life is very possible.

Now in case YOU didn't know, Centrum Silver 50+ has a major part of an ol' fella's stay health vits and minerals, plus I wear a mask out and about............????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, transam said:

I take Centrum Silver 50+ multi vitamins tabs, I was surprised to read that they have 100% daily dose of vitamin D.....????

centrum is <deleted>... really, studies showed that most people don't break down the hard pill and it end up in the toilet, how did they find out ?  toilets at concerts, the one's that need to be emptied, rattled a lot till someone took a look... hard pills don't dissolve...

100% daily dose of vitamin D.....  you mean 400 IU  while old people that never go out or in the sun, need 4000 !!!

I see some other posters with brain, that see THE LIGHT that it is vitamin D that supports your immune system and you get that for free from the sun ...

winter in china, italy, spain, usa etc...

it's cold, people will not go out and expose their naked skin + there is no sun to speak of...

there cannot be a 2nd wave, as there was never a 1st wave in Thailand

why the people in power don't have to brain to check the Vit D levels of the sick and death

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

centrum is <deleted>... really, studies showed that most people don't break down the hard pill and it end up in the toilet, how did they find out ?  toilets at concerts, the one's that need to be emptied, rattled a lot till someone took a look... hard pills don't dissolve...

100% daily dose of vitamin D.....  you mean 400 IU  while old people that never go out or in the sun, need 4000 !!!

I see some other posters with brain, that see THE LIGHT that it is vitamin D that supports your immune system and you get that for free from the sun ...

winter in china, italy, spain, usa etc...

it's cold, people will not go out and expose their naked skin + there is no sun to speak of...

Hi Dr.Bender, or is it I have been out on one......? ????

I take as much notice of people like you as I do Mrs.Trans...

Now I would suggest you do what you want to do and let others cover their own lives. ????

PS. Autopsies on C19 old folk have found the lack of Vit D, so I, for little money, am taking no chances and bolstering my Vit D intake as I DO NOT KNOW if I am getting enough... OK.????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

NHS says all supplements are essentially worthless.

As for 'Thai expert opinion',

One of Thailand's top medical experts thinks you can give yourself brain damage by holding in a sneeze.

NHS suddenly is a supplement expert ?

when BIG PHARMA wants you to take EXPENSIVE toxic medicine

there is a lot of <deleted> supplements, like centrum

you have to educate yourself about bio available supplements

zinc oxide = good only for sun screen (no don't, you need vitamin D)

magnesium oxide = good only if you have constipation, but you cannot find MAg Glycine overhere

iron sulfate = wrong version again, constipating and not really raising iron levels

etc...

the list is long of useless CHEAP supplements

and if big pharma wants to promote their pills, they will pay for studies that use the bad/cheap/useless versions of supplements... a win win for them, not for you

but everybody believes what they want ...

my mom start taking good supplements... she is on ZERO medications, normal weight, etc...

all of her friends ask, why are you so thin (compared to all the overweight people), they use statins, high blood medication, insulin, etc...

medications are super cheap in the home country, supplements are not

but she saw the light and she prefers to stay healthy than to take chemical big pharma pills that cure NOTHING.... you cannot cure a deficiency with pills that mask symptoms ...

headache ?  take a pill or drink salted water ?

constipation ? take a pill or get some extra magnesium ?

Type 2 diabetes ?  inject insulin a few times per day or QUIT SUGAR ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Hi Dr.Bender, or is it I have been out on one......? ????

I take as much notice of people like you as I do Mrs.Trans...

Now I would suggest you do what you want to do and let others cover their own lives. ????

PS. Autopsies on C19 old folk have found the lack of Vit D, so I, for little money, am taking no chances and bolstering my Vit D intake as I DO NOT KNOW if I am getting enough... OK.????

you can take a vit D test, but it is 2500-4000 baht

or you can buy 5000 IU vitamin D pills online, for 1 BAHT a day... 

• Like 1