Thais Only: Bus companies, Bangkok temple bans foreigners citing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

20 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

Let me throw a sausage on this bbq to get things sizzling.....Definition of a foreigner is a person born and residing in another country ie:- China so in reality the Chinese tourIt’s are foreigners (farang) So should be treated with the same courtesy or contempt as other foreigners.

I'll see your sausage and raise you to: sign posted in March on a restaurant in CM saying "No Chinese" taken down the next day at the direction of Tourism Authority. 

• Like 2

Some Farang are just <deleted> because there's no white privilege in Thailand. There's only Thai privilege! Other Farang understand how stupid other Farang can be. BLM are just happy that for once, whites are discriminated against just as much as they are...

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I'll see your sausage and raise you to: sign posted in March on a restaurant in CM saying "No Chinese" taken down the next day at the direction of Tourism Authority. 

What’s your point. That’s exactly what I’m saying they are differentiated from being classed as a foreigner or farang in Thailand.That case was one of and sign was removed forthwith but a sign with the word foreigner is duly allowed.kowjaimai?

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

We could look at the positive side and be grateful to the government for realizing that Covid19 is rampant among Thais and we should be protected. To assist the government, we should help make foreign people aware that entering temples is extremely dangerous for tourists and they should stick to bars and massage parlours.

correct. question what and where tourists??? 5555 LOL

18 hours ago, terje johnsen said:

Boycot all Company that refuse foringer to enter or travel.Thailand will never get back to the way it was before if they continue this harasment of foringer.

I think that’s the point, those in power don’t want things to return to the way it was. (China is the savior) Never let a bad disaster go to waste.
I lived in Chalong, (Phuket) for the past 3-years, now in Philippines unable to return “home”; at first really hoping for getting back home, now I just want to return to sell my vehicles, collect my personal belongings (and hopefully my GF) and leave the land of smiles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deli said:

What kind of BS story. If he would be really concerned, allow foreigners in foc during time of restauration. It could be so easy...

Probably wouldn't think of that though because the sign has nothing to do with restoration.

I've been here the whole time since well before the pandemic, sheltering in place, wearing a mask, honoring the curfew, social distancing -- and far more strictly than some Thais I saw -- and now I'm some sort of risk?  Shameful.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

I can almost understand why, and in all truth it has NOTHING to do with Covid-19. In an article published by the temple, they state that with the areas closed for renovations, foreigners would be extremely unhappy if they paid their 200 baht entrance fee and then couldn't see anything because it was closed for renovations. So to a degree it actually makes sense not to let foreigners in until the renovations are complete.

This might actually make sense, but ...

...wouldn't it be better to say so, instead of making up some BS- claims about safety?

As if anyone in Thailand gives 2 hoots about safety! 

If my safety is your concern, start with daily traffic!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Benmart said:

As an American, any social-sword aimed at me is met with a side-step, smile and my moving on. Your smile is your best ally. Best wishes.

That's all well and good, if it is simply the case of a stupid individual I would agree. Unless of course the established authority figures in society display this kind of behaviour, lets say people such as politicians or the police. Oh, wait a minute,,,,,,,

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

What level of brainwashed is this?

have many thais told you they like you and want to be your friend?

did you fall for all their spiel?

guess so.. 

Ah the response of the disingenuous a suitable brother attitude to racism

4 hours ago, Benmart said:

My spiritual journey does not depend upon the ornate, idol dependent or mystic ritual of any belief. These manmade places, here and abroad, are often little more tourist attractions, and monetary collection points for a business mascarading as a portal to a spiritual connection. For some it may be, but not for me, a follower of casual TV. 

What a wonderful, respectful point of view you have made, thank you for sharing. I am sure the 6.8 billion inhabitants on Earth who do have religious faith will thank you for your valued input.

7 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

This hatred by the super race celebrating this Thainess - I am sick and tired of all this nonsense everywhere. 

Let this country go down the toilet; only then all those either uneducated or arrogant ignorants will understand, that being Thai is nice but not superior - as nobody is superior. 

This will haunt this beautiful country for decades and will, unfortunately, hit the wrong ones again. If you look at this selection of clown-in-chiefs sitting and stealing around, lying from early mornings to late evenings, promising heaven and delivering hell - and not a single citizen reacts to all this?

This country is doomed and has nothing to do with the beautiful lovable place I met when I arrived many decades ago. Without strong family bonds here I would have packed up long time and left. 

Quite a sad post, I feel for you. I think Thailand needs to grow up and the only way to do that is to educate to kill the ignorance. It may happen one day, but perhaps not the near future. Good luck to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 473geo said:

Trotting out the old 'it will cost them dearly because we spend more than they do here' is getting ridiculous

Try to realise that generations roll on, a constant state of renewal, which in turn means there will will always be a steady flow of upcoming young people wanting to 'experience and explore' The world thus many will still come to Thailand

You guys really think one temple, a couple of coaches that refuse entry to foreigners for a couple of months using whatever reason is going to stem the tourist flow!!

You're right up to a point. Racism always costs the racist in the end. This isn't about just a few  things. This has been going on for a long time, and like the Berlin Wall, the younger generation that looks at Americans (and other more developed countries)  as a better life will change things. The old, ignorant, un- educated, racist in charge won't be forever. Covid also will make all life different everywhere, and the poorer the country, the harder they'll suffer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Some here are a tad confused GAZZPA, don't take it personally.

Quite, I think he hasn't worked out how to use the forum and he has sent his post to the wrong person / people.. ????

Enjoy your day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

You're right up to a point. Racism always costs the racist in the end. This isn't about just a few  things. This has been going on for a long time, and like the Berlin Wall, the younger generation that looks at Americans (and other more developed countries)  as a better life will change things. The old, ignorant, un- educated, racist in charge won't be forever. Covid also will make all life different everywhere, and the poorer the country, the harder they'll suffer.

Well said, I have complete faith in human nature and our ability to learn (eventually), the younger generation are in my view far more relaxed about race so hopefully they will see all this behaviour (both here and overseas) for what it is,,, blo*dy stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Oh well if not many farang are affected and we can simply all ignore it then thats ok then. I mean it's not as if you've missed the entire point is it...?

The next thing is we have to sit at the back of the bus. Oh! Wait a minute.????

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 5:34 PM, snoop1130 said:

The temple placed a sign outside its entrance with a message reading “Open for Thais only” and “Now not open for foreigners”, as reported by the Associated Press.

Wit Artchinda, an official at the temple, explained that Wat Pho’s committee had responded to the Covid-19 crisis in other countries and decided to follow the government’s preventive measures.

We're not allowing foreigners because the government has authoritatively informed us that farang wear dirty clothes, don't take showers and carry Covid.  All other foreigners are known Covid carriers!  Thai people are both clean and free of Covid.

"But Wat Po.  The foreigners in Thailand have been quarantined in Thailand for months and pose no more threat than Thai people."

Well, foreigners will be disappointed after paying an two-tiered entrance fee.  :whistling:  <------ Maximum Face Saving

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I wonder at the reaction in your own country to overweight, pensioners marrying young Thai brides, and if you are so wrapped with the way your country expects things to be, why you then expect the Thai people to be somehow grateful and not react in the same way?

• Thanks 1