cannot tax bike without Thai guarantee ?

Joinaman

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

op it seems to be that the common denominator with your problems with the DLT and car repair shop is you.

attitude is very important when dealing with people in offices etc, from a position of authority, i used to say when dealing with people, give me attitude get more of the same back. 

sorry mate, far too old to start kissing someones <deleted> !

Attitude, so asking why, when told to do something by a pen pusher is Attitude ? All they have to do is explain why things are needed, not just stand there and so "you do" or :no can do"

But as usual here, people think a pen pusher is authority and will never question what they say, even when they know what they are being told is incorrect.

So the repair shop works for me ?? his contract is to the insurance company, not me, so why the need for all the paperwork from me, paperwork that their client, the  insurance company has many times over. Is it wrong to be told Go away, no can do, because i dont have the paperwork that they forgot to tell me i needed ? Is it wrong for me to ask why they need it from me ?

or do i just say yes sir, no sir, and do another 95 k round trip and another morning wasted, just because he won't ask his client for the paperwork , instead of me 

Do i have an attitude ? maybe, . I treat most people as i would like to be treated, with the respect they deserve, which in some cases here, can be very little.   

On 6/13/2020 at 4:50 AM, Joinaman said:

sorry mate, far too old to start kissing someones <deleted> !

Dear Mr Fellow Tyke......... if you don't learn to at least pretend to kiss someones posteria in Thailand, you will always have a diffcult time. Sad but true.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Dear Mr Fellow Tyke......... if you don't learn to at least pretend to kiss someones posteria in Thailand, you will always have a diffcult time. Sad but true.

ahh well. looks like i'm gunna have a difficult time then, same as the Thais that will lose face , just because they cannot, or will not learn to the the job they are paid to do, correctly.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:50 AM, Joinaman said:

Attitude, so asking why, when told to do something by a pen pusher is Attitude

Seems like you indeed have an attitude problem. If you were able to speak the correct language (hint: not english), you wouldn't run into these issues and would know there is no guarantee needed. They try to accomodate you by trying a bit of english whch they never properly learned in school and get <deleted> thrown back at them from a foreigner. You wont get far or happy going down that path. Prepare for more runarounds in the future ???? I know you might think you are doing it right but I'd beg to differ. Let's see how long it'll take until you give up hehe

On 6/15/2020 at 5:41 PM, eisfeld said:

Seems like you indeed have an attitude problem. If you were able to speak the correct language (hint: not english), you wouldn't run into these issues and would know there is no guarantee needed. They try to accomodate you by trying a bit of english whch they never properly learned in school and get <deleted> thrown back at them from a foreigner. You wont get far or happy going down that path. Prepare for more runarounds in the future ???? I know you might think you are doing it right but I'd beg to differ. Let's see how long it'll take until you give up hehe

Thanks for your late reply, but perhaps you should know, ( hint  not English ) ,all this was carried out in Thai, not English, so no mistake in translation in the statement, Need Thai guarantee !! Need ID card, Need house book,  - No mistakes !

So a Thai, working in a position dealing with non Thais, is unable to speak English ?  So not very good customer service is it ? 

Yup, probably a lot more runarounds, and a whole lot more of losing face for them too, 

11 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks for your late reply, but perhaps you should know, ( hint  not English ) ,all this was carried out in Thai, not English, so no mistake in translation in the statement, Need Thai guarantee !! Need ID card, Need house book,  - No mistakes !

So a Thai, working in a position dealing with non Thais, is unable to speak English ?  So not very good customer service is it ? 

Yup, probably a lot more runarounds, and a whole lot more of losing face for them too, 

Next time in the UK, let your Thai friend go and deal with the Transport office in Thai and see how far she gets. You don't seem to understand that even between you and your Thai friend who speaks English, there is a sh#tload of meaning lost in translation. Try learning Thai and you will see what I mean. Loosen up, you'll live longer. ???? 

28 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Next time in the UK, let your Thai friend go and deal with the Transport office in Thai and see how far she gets. You don't seem to understand that even between you and your Thai friend who speaks English, there is a sh#tload of meaning lost in translation. Try learning Thai and you will see what I mean. Loosen up, you'll live longer. ???? 

yup, in the uk, would get proper service, which would include paperwork translated into whichever language was required, unlike in Thailand

Lost in translation, Ahhh, so the paperwork we were handed and  told to fill in, the copies of Thai ID cards, House book etc, that were demanded were only a figment of imagination, and lost in translation ?

Care to explain how, the extra paperwork, became a sh##tload of meaning lost. I think they made it very clear, and much to the annoyance of the Thai speaker,  no paperwork as requested, no tax. 

Why would speaking Thai, as the conversation was, make any difference to the outcome ? As already stated, if you read it properly, extra paperwork was requested, without which no tax would be forthcoming . What would you recommend a Thai speaker say to the person behind the counter, "get stuffed" ? F##k off? or just accept, right or wrongly, that that is what is needed, 

Loosen up ? Sometimes i do ,that depends on the customer service provided to me.