"Shameful" to threaten Churchill statue, says UK PM Johnson

rooster59

12 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Like she did in the 1990 Poll Tax riots and was gone by the end of the year lol.

She clearly went power mad and was rightly removed by her colleagues. While I disagree with the pit closures themselves she was not averse to using the police to enforce the law. Pity Boris doesn't have the same guts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She clearly went power mad and was rightly removed by her colleagues. While I disagree with the pit closures themselves she was not averse to using the police to enforce the law. Pity Boris doesn't have the same guts.

She did give Scargill a good hiding. Not advisable doing that at present, the country will descend into chaos, maybe that's the plan if you like a conspiracy theory.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Civilizations are always brought down from within before the enemy moves in. IMO western civilization is in it's last stage and will be gone in due course. The hooligans will have more to worry about then than statues of those that lived in different times. Statues can be removed but the past is unchanging.

Very true, the hooligans are just the pawns, the patsies who have risen to the bait. I've been following a number of groups online both left and right, the BLM and anti-fascists have cancelled their protest for today citing violence from the far right. If things go as I think they will, the likely to be drunk hooligans will have a few skirmishes with protesters and end up fighting the police. The protesters are advising to protest locally instead.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I do like a good conspiracy theory, but to claim that our enemies are not loving this sort of stupidity writ large in the west would be to deny reality.

BTW, IMO the country ( wherever we live ) is already in strife. Lockdown effects are yet to become apparent, but will, IMO, be severe, and not good for many of us.

Agree, FUBAR. A rollercoaster of a ride for sure. A shape of things to come, CHAZ blocks in Seattle and Minneapolis creating community led policing instead of a police force. I think Colston pulling down and dumping in the river was like the 1989 Berlin wall night, seminal piece of history created. With social media it can spread faster than ever before and copycat reactions worldwide, it's exciting with energy but dark too. That sounds like my techno music lol.

This is interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/opinion/sunday/floyd-abolish-defund-police.html

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Very true, the hooligans are just the pawns, the patsies who have risen to the bait. I've been following a number of groups online both left and right, the BLM and anti-fascists have cancelled their protest for today citing violence from the far right. If things go as I think they will, the likely to be drunk hooligans will have a few skirmishes with protesters and end up fighting the police. The protesters are advising to protest locally instead.

Indeed. During the Khmer Rouge reign the children that were at the forefront of the regime during the revolution apparently disappeared in the torture rooms themselves. The useful idiots usually seem to come to a sticky end when the new regime is fully in power.

Where I live all this protest rubbish is non existent. It might as well be on the moon for all the effect it's having locally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Fascism wins...what a sorry arsed country UK has become

Cheer up, the USA is right there next to you. Two sorry nations that buckled under the pressure.

Has anyone tracked down these fellows yet??

https://www.thoughtco.com/african-slave-traders-44538

Edited by EVENKEEL

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Few, if any, past heroes would withstand being judged based on today's standards, and it would be unfair to do so except in the most extreme cases (I have little sympathy for slave-traders, for example).

A word of caution;

If you destroy all of the past's heroes, what will people look up to and be inspired by in the future?

And, if there are no more heroes, then what in time of need?

Don't worry, we will have statues and can look upto the likes of Dianne Abbot, Mandela, Stephen Lawrence, the fist Indian bus driver in Bristol and various other non entity people of colour

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, it´s much better to think about a statue and how people like or not like that one. Nothing special with the Churchill statue. Just a piece of stone. If someone or a group decides to break it, then use the law to punish them. Simple. Nothing needs to be more complicated. Now back to something that have some more important things. I am sure his table is full of them, as he was in hospital for such a long time.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We have created a snowflake generation who are offended by everything, narcissistic in nature as they need constant confirmation that they are liked and doing well with their FB and emoji culture. I have said it before, as I do not fear being overtaken by the younnger generation. Generally they are lazy, want to get to the top, without putting their time in and feel that they are owed everythhing. They have minimal staying power and blame everyone else for everything, except themselves.

Yes of course there are exceptions but not too many as they are few and far between. I blame the X factor stardom generation and the fact that everyone has to be a winner, you can't tell someone they are second or need to improve.

There is nothing wrong in following your dreams but not at the expense of working hard and having a plan B. Too many youngsters looking up to the Katie Price's of the world as role models. Now people jumping on the Racism bandwagon. It will be something else next time. All poor me, why am I not rich and famous. I find the generation on the whole a disappointment.

Let me summarize it for you to save time.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Under 25s studying political books??? Catching them even reading comic books would be a rarity.

That has got to be the biggest laugh of the summer so far.

At least they can read unlike the hooligans today who spelt "afford" like this "offord" in one of their Facebook posts lol.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

At least they can read unlike the hooligans today who spelt "afford" like this "offord" in one of their Facebook posts lol.

You do realise that they are one and the same people though, don't you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCauto said:

Let me summarize it for you to save time.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

That's what an Australian homeowner told the PM.

(more politely though)

ps; haven't seen Gavin lately.

Edited by DoctorG
added