Thailand lifting ‘Emergency Decree’ by June still in talks

webfact

Thailand lifting ‘Emergency Decree’ by June still in talks

By Pattaya Mail

t-11-Thailand-lifting-%E2%80%98Emergency  

Deputy Prime Minister, Wissanu Krea-ngam.

BANGKOK – The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will discuss an end to the imposition of the executive decree on public administration in emergency situations to control the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and will propose its decision to the cabinet on June 23, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said.

The discussion did not happen in CCSA’s meeting on June 12 because it would be monitoring the COVID-19 situation for 15 more days. The center would consider the matter about a week before the end of June and would propose its decision to the cabinet on June 23, he said.

Mr Wissanu said that the CCSA had not discussed the resumption of the business and activities that were still suspended despite the fourth round of business and activity lockdown relaxation. He expected the suspended business and activities to resume when the state of emergency ends.

Full story: https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/thailand-lifting-emergency-decree-by-june-still-in-talks-303939

screenshot_10211.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2020-06-15

• Sad 1

The Emergency Decree has nothing to do with the closure of the nightlife. It only enables them to act quicker. And the nightlife for sure does not belong to the part of the necessary infrastructure and at the same time poses the highest risks. As of today a bigger part of the nightlife will be enabled already without curfew and with alcohol allowed. Some bars without restaurant licenses will be still closed. Some might not have opened anyway because there are not enough customers. But I think there will be enough options for booze and girls - (perhaps even) without barfines because they might wait outside on the road for customers... So why is this such a problem? Because YOUR bar might be still closed for a few more nights?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Very useless bunch of amatures. Vietnam back to normal. Thai operating to destroy the entertainment industry. They are so backwards. Have no clue how to run the country. They will end Thailand with there racism and grandpa hopes.

Really, we can fly to Vietnam, enter and have a holiday there exactly the same as it was before the pandemic?

I'm sorry but i doubt that very much indeed.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 11:41 AM, Oldie said:

The Emergency Decree has nothing to do with the closure of the nightlife. It only enables them to act quicker. And the nightlife for sure does not belong to the part of the necessary infrastructure and at the same time poses the highest risks. As of today a bigger part of the nightlife will be enabled already without curfew and with alcohol allowed. Some bars without restaurant licenses will be still closed. Some might not have opened anyway because there are not enough customers. But I think there will be enough options for booze and girls - (perhaps even) without barfines because they might wait outside on the road for customers... So why is this such a problem? Because YOUR bar might be still closed for a few more nights?

Just about control and jobs ..for the boys .Theyre pushing Thailand into the biggest recession in my lifetime .WHY?

9 minutes ago, davemos said:

Just about control and jobs ..for the boys .Theyre pushing Thailand into the biggest recession in my lifetime .WHY?

To understand why they are careful please watch a video on YouTube about some restaurants (bars...) here yesterday evening in Pattaya. Just search for Tree Town Pattaya and select uploaded since yesterday. So far it had 12.000 views. Especially at one restaurant with the colorful seats nobody seems to care about anything - I saw it with my own eyes too. And this is the situation when only restaurants are allowed to open... I didn't want to link the video. It is too honest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

Really, we can fly to Vietnam, enter and have a holiday there exactly the same as it was before the pandemic?

I'm sorry but i doubt that very much indeed.

Correct.

No one except a few categories of foreigners can currently enter Vietnam - not even general work permit holders.

Their visa amnesty runs out on June 30. No idea what happens to foreigners stuck there after that.

I agree that in all likelihood, stringent entry rules will apply once Vietnam opens up it's borders.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:13 AM, tomauasia said:

Very useless bunch of amatures. Vietnam back to normal. Thai operating to destroy the entertainment industry. They are so backwards. Have no clue how to run the country. They will end Thailand with there racism and grandpa hopes.

Vietnam isn't completely back to normal, although most business activities have resumed. Vietnam is also racist - https://e.vnexpress.net/news/life/trend/foreigners-grapple-with-stigma-as-covid-19-drives-vietnamese-avoidance-4070997.html

Vietnam is currently not allowing nightclubs or karaoke parlors to open.

I agree that Thailand is taking it too slow with re-opening of nightlife, but since Sunday nearly everything is back to normal; similar to Vietnam.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, drbeach said:

Vietnam isn't completely back to normal, although most business activities have resumed. Vietnam is also racist - https://e.vnexpress.net/news/life/trend/foreigners-grapple-with-stigma-as-covid-19-drives-vietnamese-avoidance-4070997.html

Vietnam is currently not allowing nightclubs or karaoke parlors to open.

I agree that Thailand is taking it too slow with re-opening of nightlife, but since Sunday nearly everything is back to normal; similar to Vietnam.

Already open, everything back to normal, no more mask required

On 6/15/2020 at 11:41 AM, Oldie said:

It is a big problem for those (Thai or Farang) who own such businesses, or those who work in them, and all the assorted vendors whose businesses rely on them. They have had no income now for some three months.

13 hours ago, davemos said:

Those in charge realise that to build the society and economy they want, they must first demolish the one that occupies the economic space their plans require.

The Covid 19 restrictions were not introduced for that reason, but they quickly realised that they presented them with a great opportunity.

For those lower on the chain of command, charged with implementing and managing the measures, well you are right: unprecedented control, jobs, and power. Plus no doubt the potential to benefit from influence - " You want a permit to re-open? Maybe, how much influence can you provide, to help the process?"

Edited by herfiehandbag