Protesters burn down Wendy's in Atlanta after police shooting

webfact

On 6/17/2020 at 2:29 AM, olfu said:

Ok. My 2 cents:

All this shooting and talking I see year after year and nothing really changing. So I did my own research:  police is independent ruling class and that's the main problem and action should be--

ban police unions,

ban pension plans,

ban mandatory pay raises,

introduce mandatory licenses.

I got a better idea stop resisting arrest!!

On 6/17/2020 at 4:15 AM, Crazy Alex said:

1) The car was already stopped, so you're right. He didn't need to be stopped.

2) If you're talking about not needing to be stopped after he assaulted the police and stole one of their weapons, you are obviously wrong. Surely even you realize a violent thug who has just assaulted officers and stolen one of their weapons doesn't just get to prance away for capture later. He is to be stopped then and there before he becomes violent once again. Had they followed your insane rationale and the perp hurt someone you love, you would be screeching loudly about how the cops didn't do their job! Sorry, this isn't fantasy land and we have no unicorns prancing around. You get violent with cops, you can expect an immediate response. You get violent with cops and steal one of their weapons, you can expect to be hunted down and stopped immediately.

Its obvious the cop was building a case,to show the guy was drinking!

The cop was a expert in testing DUI cases. He determine the guy was under the influence after the blow test,he resisted arrest!

There are many questions  that need to be answered

Did he deserve to die imop no! There are some reports that police should use debilitating tactics!

All people must adhere to the rules and be held accountable!

I like to see a full investigation! IMOP the cop will have those murder charges dropped because of the laws in Georgia on using deadly force. The the guy running fired a deadly weapon at the officer.

code:17,4,20

http://www.djj.state.ga.us/policies/DJJPolicies/Chapter19/Attachments/DJJ19.3AttachmentA.pdf

The"If you're drunk and sitting inside the vehicle by yourself and the key is in the ignition, it doesn't matter if the engine is on or off; this is still considered a DUI because you are “operating” the vehicle.Apr 23, 2013"

https://wtop.com/sponsored-content/2013/04/ask-the-lawyer-dui-while-sleeping-in-car/#:~:text=If%20you're%20drunk%20and,are%20%E2%80%9Coperating%E2%80%9D%20the%20vehicle.

https://www.duigeorgia.com/parked-car-dui

http://www.djj.state.ga.us/policies/DJJPolicies/Chapter19/Attachments/DJJ19.3AttachmentA.pdf

Edited by riclag

On 6/18/2020 at 6:38 AM, Crazy Alex said:

Brace yourself. The cop who shot the violent thug in Atlanta will be acquitted. Prepare yourself.

One of the charges the officer is facing is for kicking the guys head whilst laying on the ground after being shot. You really believe the guy will be acquitted; don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Police Looking for Two White Women Suspects in Atlanta Wendy’s Arson

Atlanta police are looking for two white women who are suspected of starting a fire at the southwest Atlanta Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks was shot dead by police.

Atlanta officials on Tuesday released new photos of one of the two suspects at a press conference at a fire station. The photos, from surveillance footage, show a white woman without a face mask wearing a black outfit with a purple sweater tied around her waist and carrying a blue bag and a water bottle. Photos of the other suspect show another white woman wearing all black, including her face mask.

https://news.yahoo.com/police-looking-two-white-women-153849569.html

Atlanta Fire Department releases new photos of 2nd suspect in Wendy's arson

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/atlanta-fire-department-releases-new-photos-of-2nd-suspect-in-wendys-arson

WendysArson1.jpg

https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_200617015705-atlanta-wendys-fire-suspects-photo-split (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

One of the charges the officer is facing is for kicking the guys head whilst laying on the ground after being shot. You really believe the guy will be acquitted; don't think so.

i'ma gonna call BS on that CLAIM.  hard to believe any cop, even a bad apple, would kick a wounded suspect in the head....especially after the floyd murder, knowing his bodycam was recording, in direct view of at least a dozen cars in the drive-thru lane, knowing many of the fine citizens were out of their cars watching the fun and recording the festivities on their cellphones.

so, sure, show us the cellophone and bodycam recordings of him kicking the thug in the head.  if he did, charge him with that and i'll agree that is the correct action to take.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Funny how that video hasn't been shown don't you think, hmmm

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'ma gonna call BS on that CLAIM.  hard to believe any cop, even a bad apple, would kick a wounded suspect in the head....especially after the floyd murder, knowing his bodycam was recording, in direct view of at least a dozen cars in the drive-thru lane, knowing many of the fine citizens were out of their cars watching the fun and recording the festivities on their cellphones.

so, sure, show us the cellophone and bodycam recordings of him kicking the thug in the head.  if he did, charge him with that and i'll agree that is the correct action to take.

I saw on cnn they had a photo of cop with foot raised. What was cop doing?? Open for interpretation, if photo was taken from video why not show video??

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, EVENKEEL said:

The one thing that's hard to explain is that the guy was shot twice in the back.

The reports were that he turned and pointed the weapon at the police. That's how he got shot in the back. The relevant fact is that a weapon was pointed at police, regardless of the position of his body.

It seems like common sense to me that pointing weapons at police while resisting arrest will have a bad outcome. 

As Rolfe gave chase, Brooks appeared to turn and point the stun gun at the officer, who pulled out his firearm and shot Brooks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

Really no point in speculating. DA laid the charge, I assume the evidence is available for prosecution to prove the allegation. However, obviously have to wait for outcome of the trial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Really no point in speculating. DA laid the charge, I assume the evidence is available for prosecution to prove the allegation. However, obviously have to wait for outcome of the trial.

yes....the DA, who is in a very tight runoff election coming up in early august, announced charges against the police officer before the investigation had barely begun, and without consulting the office responsible.   guess he can read a demographics chart.

were there actually charges brought in court, or is this just a feelgood public relations stunt?  i'd google myself but china is blocking vpn's at the moment.  the only site i can get to open says that the DA announced charges WILL BE brought.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I saw on cnn they had a photo of cop with foot raised. What was cop doing?? Open for interpretation, if photo was taken from video why not show video??

because it's easy to take one frame from a video out of context, that doesn't show motion, that let's you create your own narrative before the full video is released.  by the time people get to see what actually happened, your fabrication has already been established as "fact."  those who question it later can be labeled racists or white supremacists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2020 at 1:10 AM, Jingthing said:

Running from the cops is not a capital offense. 

The cops are supposed to be professional. 

If they can't handle the job they should quit and get a new crop in that isn't trigger happy. 

You're exactly right. Running from the cops is not a capital office. Resisting arrest, for no apparent reason, physically assaulting the police, grabbing a weapon from the police, then aiming and shooting at the police . . . Well, you can see where I'm going with this. The video is all over YouTube, from every imaginable angle. You might want to spend a few minutes watching those, and then come back to TVF and make the preposterous claim that he was "just running" from the police.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 10:03 PM, from the home of CC said:

It doesn't to me but with so many folks with racist agendas its definitely ironical. Oh, and I see that moron cop is facing 1st degree, he should get the needle just for stupidity...

Yes, because shooting a violent thug who just assaulted you and your partner, grabbed a weapon and tries using it on you should be given a few verses of Kumbaya to get him to settle down. Let's keep it real and the facts straight, shall we?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, because shooting a violent thug who just assaulted you and your partner, grabbed a weapon and tries using it on you should be given a few verses of Kumbaya to get him to settle down. Let's keep it real and the facts straight, shall we?

if the two cops couldn't handle the one guy then they should of waited for backup or is the SOP now to shoot everyone they can't restrain. The fact he ran up and kicked his dying body speaks to the total unprofessional job this guy was doing (plus his 12 other past reprimands). Whoever signed off on this guy so he could continue his substandard policing should also be fired, supervision is a joke and is at the root of this issue.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

if the two cops couldn't handle the one guy then they should of waited for backup or is the SOP now to shoot everyone they can't restrain. The fact he ran up and kicked his dying body speaks to the total unprofessional job this guy was doing (plus his 12 other past reprimands). Whoever signed off on this guy so he could continue his substandard policing should also be fired, supervision is a joke and is at the root of this issue.

No, shoot only the ones that pass out in a drive-through and then take your taser and try and shoot you with it on the run after shooting your partner with it. Should they have called for backup before Rayshard lost it and decided to make a run for it because they are psychic and could have (not "of") forseen it? :stoner:

Your comment echos that of the desperate and, IMHO, stupid prosecutor in Atlanta who is trying "not to let a crisis go to waste" (at the expense of a couple of police officers and to his perceived benefit). Like the Duke Lacrosse case prosecutor, Mike Nifong, this overreach and unethical behavior by Atlanta prosecutor, Paul Howard, may end up being very bad for him. Nifong was disbarred and jailed. Howard should be also be at least disbarred, if not jailed, IMHO. Except he probably won't be because of the political situation (the Mob and the Mayor are on his side for now).

Maybe you should do some research on a subject before commenting with bias and ignoring facts of an event.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

This is like a social experiment in relation to the claim the cop kicked Floyd. It's been reported so many times folks simply think it's the truth. They have a still photo that can be interpreted to mean several things. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

No, shoot only the ones that pass out in a drive-through and then take your taser and try and shoot you with it on the run after shooting your partner with it. Should they have called for backup before Rayshard lost it and decided to make a run for it because they are psychic and could have (not "of") forseen it? :stoner:

Your comment echos that of the desperate and, IMHO, stupid prosecutor in Atlanta who is trying "not to let a crisis go to waste" (at the expense of a couple of police officers and to his perceived benefit). Like the Duke Lacrosse case prosecutor, Mike Nifong, this overreach and unethical behavior by Atlanta prosecutor, Paul Howard, may end up being very bad for him. Nifong was disbarred and jailed. Howard should be also be at least disbarred, if not jailed, IMHO. Except he probably won't be because of the political situation (the Mob and the Mayor are on his side for now).

Maybe you should do some research on a subject before commenting with bias and ignoring facts of an event.

the taser can only be fired twice and the one the deceased had and tried to use had already been used up (till rearmed), so the cop executed basically an unarmed man for he knew it had been discharged twice (and therefore became a useless piece of yellow plastic). Kicking him as he lay dying speaks volumes, this nasty waste of skin should have never been issued a badge and a gun - that's a crime in itself.. 

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

the taser can only be fired twice and the one the deceased had and tried to use had already been used up (till rearmed), so the cop executed basically an unarmed man for he knew it had been discharged twice (and therefore became a useless piece of yellow plastic). Kicking him as he lay dying speaks volumes, this nasty waste of skin should have never been issued a badge and a gun - that's a crime in itself.. 

How is it you are able to read the cop's mind? I suggest you read up on what happens to one's mind when they are involved in a violent incident. Rational people will forget things like how many rounds were shot, how many times people were struck and how long incidents last. To assume the cop was keeping precise count of how many taser shots were left is well beyond a reasonable expectation.

However, we CAN reasonably suspect Rayshard Brooks knew he was going back to prison if he let the cops take him into custody, correct?

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

You obviously don't know enough about Tasers [wiki link] (i.e. even when empty it can still be used as a stun/pain device with 50,000 volts available) and you have apparently not watched the video where Brooks turns while running and points the Taser at Rolfe. I'm not even going to speculate about whether or not Brooks actually fired the Taser at Rolfe.

Pointing a potentially deadly weapon at a police officer is a bad idea, don't you think? How deadly is a Taser? The Atlanta prosecutor claims that it's both deadly (in a previous case he was prosecuting) and non-deadly in this case. He might have trouble explaining these opposing opinions about Tasers in a court of law as both of them have been recorded.

Brooks was so mentally incapacitated (watch the video where he is questioned by the two officers - he tries to BS them and even tries to deny he was found passed out in the car by one of the officers).

Bottom Line: Don't resist arrest, assault police officers, look like you're firing a stolen Taser at a pursuing policeman who is armed. Bottom, bottom line, do not take a Taser to a gunfight if you want to live another day.

Brooks must have watched too many recent riot/looting/arson news videos or played too much Grand Theft Auto. I had to go to a UK DailyMail article on him to get his (alleged) arrest record.

The only positive thing comes to my mind is that he seems to handle his alcohol well (except he has a tendency to fall asleep in drive-thru lanes). The next question is: What other drugs had he been partaking of that night? I guess we'll have to wait for the official autopsy to find out and, of course, Brooks' family will hire their own second opinion if they disagree with the official one.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1