Foreigners married to Thais set to be allowed to return to Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Regency.

8 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Direct me to an insurance company please who would provide insurance when are you are advised not to travel there ?

Regency ?  ok if your under 70 years of age ,   $ 100,000 covid 19 travel insurance ? I think not , unless you know different 

2 hours ago, superal said:
  8 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Direct me to an insurance company please who would provide insurance when are you are advised not to travel there ?

Regency ?  ok if your under 70 years of age ,   $ 100,000 covid 19 travel insurance ? I think not , unless you know different 

I told you what company to check, is that too difficult?

baby steps i guess, do you need a phone number too or will you manage now?

image.png.e4c6ddce2615f43bc572aa3de93450c3.png

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 7:16 AM, Toany said:

What about the foreigners who paid a lot of money for the Thai Elite card.  To be special friends of Thailand, but still banned from the country.

The important thing in all this is that there are multiple thousands of Thai citizens, all separated from their families, still waiting to be repatriated. There are limited quarantine resources, and that's why it's taking so long. Do you think because you have a Thai Elite card that you should be put in front of the line, and a Thai citizen has to wait another day or week to get home?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, andre47 said:

not having restrictions and checkpoints.  ... and you want tell us that this is good??

you are really not very smart...

You have the full freedom to get infected. I hope you will enjoy.

If you are stuck in a checkpoint are you not outside as well? How do the police checkpoints control the virus, please explain.

19 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I told you what company to check, is that too difficult?

baby steps i guess, do you need a phone number too or will you manage now?

image.png.e4c6ddce2615f43bc572aa3de93450c3.png

Are you for real ?  Look at the topic heading  , foreigners-married-to-thais-set-to-be-allowed-to-return-to-thailand/  . I will spell it out for you . Covid 19 insurance is not available for travellers to Thailand when their countries government advise against all international travel . Covid 19 insurance can be available if you are currently staying in Thailand but certain conditions are made .  Regency Insurance verified this today . Do you want their number ?  ????

How would they be able to return when there are no international flights from western countries? To me this still remains a big mystery that is not talked about in the media. All they seem to keep mentioning is that tourists would not be allowed in but the question many of us want answered is that would international flights be allowed from July as long as they are not bringing tourists in (perhaps just people that have work permits or are married to Thais as mentioned here + maybe business trips). What I can't understand is that my airline has confirmed resuming BKK flights from July 1 and they keep telling me that my flight in July is confirmed. So what I don't get is that could some airlines resume flights to BKK even though basically no foreigners are allowed in yet.    

2 hours ago, ChomDo said:

How would they be able to return when there are no international flights from western countries? To me this still remains a big mystery that is not talked about in the media. All they seem to keep mentioning is that tourists would not be allowed in but the question many of us want answered is that would international flights be allowed from July as long as they are not bringing tourists in (perhaps just people that have work permits or are married to Thais as mentioned here + maybe business trips). What I can't understand is that my airline has confirmed resuming BKK flights from July 1 and they keep telling me that my flight in July is confirmed. So what I don't get is that could some airlines resume flights to BKK even though basically no foreigners are allowed in yet.    

The airlines make the offer to the Thai government to fly regularly.

Now it's the turn of the Thai government to make some clear rules fast who will be allowed to enter.

But they don't like to make decisions.

3 hours ago, superal said:

Are you for real ?  Look at the topic heading  , foreigners-married-to-thais-set-to-be-allowed-to-return-to-thailand/  . I will spell it out for you . Covid 19 insurance is not available for travellers to Thailand when their countries government advise against all international travel . Covid 19 insurance can be available if you are currently staying in Thailand but certain conditions are made .  Regency Insurance verified this today . Do you want their number ?  ????

No thank you, i already have insurance, why would i need their number?

Very strange post? Are you feeling ok?

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No thank you, i already have insurance, why would i need their number?

Very strange post? Are you feeling ok?

Are you for real ?  Look at the topic heading  , foreigners-married-to-thais-set-to-be-allowed-to-return-to-thailand/  . I will spell it out for you . Covid 19 insurance is not available for travellers to Thailand when their countries government advise against all international travel . Covid 19 insurance can be available if you are currently staying in Thailand but certain conditions are made .  Regency Insurance verified this today . Do you want their number ?  ????

Try reading it again and again until you understand the facts about international travel which is what the topic refers to , take your time , you will get there eventually .

14 minutes ago, superal said:

Are you for real ?  Look at the topic heading  , foreigners-married-to-thais-set-to-be-allowed-to-return-to-thailand/  . I will spell it out for you . Covid 19 insurance is not available for travellers to Thailand when their countries government advise against all international travel . Covid 19 insurance can be available if you are currently staying in Thailand but certain conditions are made .  Regency Insurance verified this today . Do you want their number ?  ????

Try reading it again and again until you understand the facts about international travel which is what the topic refers to , take your time , you will get there eventually .

Tell me what i'm missing pls?

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Tell me what i'm missing pls?

Are you aware that any foreigner who intends to travel to Thailand must have $100,000 cover for covid 19 and that has to be highlighted for the IO to view and not just within the policy document . 

I repeat once again the topic is about foreigners married to Thai spouses who want to return to Thailand , however the current insurance  requirements laid down by the Thai government are impossible to attain because the countries of departure are mostly stating that international travel should not be taken which in turn invalidates any insurance policy. 

Here is an extract from the Staysure Insurance company but common to other companies e.g. Regency FEPs

Please be aware that your travel insurance will not be valid when the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all, or all but essential travel to your destination. But, all your policy benefits will resume as soon as the FCO advises it is safe to travel again.

Regency will issue a valid covid covering policy to those who are residing within Thailand but not to those who are abroad and wish to travel  .

1 minute ago, superal said:

Are you aware that any foreigner who intends to travel to Thailand must have $100,000 cover for covid 19 and that has to be highlighted for the IO to view and not just within the policy document . 

I repeat once again the topic is about foreigners married to Thai spouses who want to return to Thailand , however the current insurance  requirements laid down by the Thai government are impossible to attain because the countries of departure are mostly stating that international travel should not be taken which in turn invalidates any insurance policy. 

Here is an extract from the Staysure Insurance company but common to other companies e.g. Regency FEPs

Please be aware that your travel insurance will not be valid when the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all, or all but essential travel to your destination. But, all your policy benefits will resume as soon as the FCO advises it is safe to travel again.

Regency will issue a valid covid covering policy to those who are residing within Thailand but not to those who are abroad and wish to travel  .

Interesting, so once FCO allow travel to thailand it's valid, right?

44 minutes ago, superal said:

I repeat once again the topic is about foreigners married to Thai spouses who want to return to Thailand , however the current insurance  requirements laid down by the Thai government are impossible to attain because the countries of departure are mostly stating that international travel should not be taken which in turn invalidates any insurance policy. //

Unsure why you insist so much on this point. Seems to me that many western countries already reopened border for international travel. Many EU countries already did for Europe, and will do for other International countries from July.

On 6/17/2020 at 1:09 AM, robblok said:
On 6/16/2020 at 10:18 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The 14 day quarantine is a sticking point. Understandingly a necessary one without a viable alternative.

In the UK I have taken a Covid-19 test (48 hr result). If these tests were available for arrivals I'm sure people would be happy to pay for them instead of having to do a 14 day quarantine.

If arrivals were to take a Covid-19 test on arrival followed by a 2-3 day quarantine while awaiting results the arrivals 'back-log' would be streamlined.

If the testing efficiency could be improved the arrivals 'back-log' would be limited to the airport.

Remember - This is not about eradicating Covid-19 but keeping the spread rate down such that the spread rate is limited while the economy can continue.

I know its harsh.. just like your remark about the elite visa. 

These test are not available here so you will just have to accept it the way it is just like elite visa holders will have to accept their facts. You make a big problem about those test but we know how things go in Thailand. The government does not go for the best but goes for the solution with the most kickbacks. So you either accept the 14 day and be happy you can come back or not. 

Remember your a guest you don't get to dictate the rules.

But is it ok by you if discuss then on a forum????

I don’t think I’ll be coming back any time soon and will enjoy the summer in the UK, Wife and Son will join me here. 

Hopefully all this idiocy is over by the time schools start up again. 

IF we have more than a year of messing around with quarantines, uncertain policies and uncertainty regarding whether or not foreigners will be permitted re-entry after an international business trips etc it will be an end to my living in Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

Flying home to be with spouse and children is not essential travel ?

On 6/17/2020 at 6:40 AM, brucec64 said:
On 6/16/2020 at 1:16 AM, Toany said:

What about the foreigners who paid a lot of money for the Thai Elite card.  To be special friends of Thailand, but still banned from the country.

The important thing in all this is that there are multiple thousands of Thai citizens, all separated from their families, still waiting to be repatriated. There are limited quarantine resources, and that's why it's taking so long. Do you think because you have a Thai Elite card that you should be put in front of the line, and a Thai citizen has to wait another day or week to get home?

You could apply the same argument and write 'Do you think because you have a 'Work Permit' that you should be put in front of the line, and a Thai citizen has to wait another day or week to get home?'

The whole quarantine idea is clumsy. Testing on arrival is the only sensible option. Or at least giving people an option to test on arrival and self isolate until the results are available. People would even be happy to pay for their own tests. 

On 6/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, GAZZPA said:

Just looked at the Nikkei article, where it states 'Thailand issued almost 80,000 retirement visas in 2018, an increase of 30% from 2014...'

Does that really support your case of many retirees leaving over the last 7/8 years?

On 6/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, chaihot said:

I haven't been in Thailand since January and consequently, haven't seen my wife or dogs since then.

But is anyone else not in a hurry to return?  I'm still in the USA with full freedoms; eating in restaurants; not having restrictions and checkpoints.  

Work has separated us for long periods before, and this is another one of those circumstances beyond our control.  I have NO interest in going to Thailand so that I can pay 50,000 for quarantine -- AND not be able to go "out".

You??

Yes. Same exact story including the dogs. This mess also prevented my family from coming back for the usual 2 months in March / April.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You could apply the same argument and write 'Do you think because you have a 'Work Permit' that you should be put in front of the line, and a Thai citizen has to wait another day or week to get home?'

The whole quarantine idea is clumsy. Testing on arrival is the only sensible option. Or at least giving people an option to test on arrival and self isolate until the results are available. People would even be happy to pay for their own tests. 

self isolate has been proven not to work as people just carry on as normal going out to bars, beaches, restaurants

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChomDo said:

How would they be able to return when there are no international flights from western countries? To me this still remains a big mystery that is not talked about in the media. All they seem to keep mentioning is that tourists would not be allowed in but the question many of us want answered is that would international flights be allowed from July as long as they are not bringing tourists in (perhaps just people that have work permits or are married to Thais as mentioned here + maybe business trips).

They would be allowed to return on repatriation flights.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

self isolate has been proven not to work as people just carry on as normal going out to bars, beaches, restaurants

Proven where?

I get that there will always be some who abuse the regulations. In the UK if a recent arrival is caught failing to self isolate without good reason they can be charged £1000. Obviously there will be those who break this regulation and not get caught. 

If people are travelling after a Covid-19 test the risks of bringing Covid-19 with them while present, are minimised. 

Thailand seems to be implementing a ‘water right’ policy rather than a practical solution.

If we remember, lock down was to prevent overwhelming the health services, not completely eradicate Covid-19 from its shores.

Hopefully this ‘quarantine’ silliness will be over within a month. 

That said, someone is profiting from this: I find it hard to see that those who decide which hotels can take quarantinees are not going to be lining their pockets - there is no incentive for the decision makers not to stop this quarantine when there is money to be made which is potentially very short sighted. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Proven where?

I get that there will always be some who abuse the regulations. In the UK if a recent arrival is caught failing to self isolate without good reason they can be charged £1000. Obviously there will be those who break this regulation and not get caught. 

If people are travelling after a Covid-19 test the risks of bringing Covid-19 with them while present, are minimised. 

Thailand seems to be implementing a ‘water right’ policy rather than a practical solution.

If we remember, lock down was to prevent overwhelming the health services, not completely eradicate Covid-19 from its shores.

Hopefully this ‘quarantine’ silliness will be over within a month. 

That said, someone is profiting from this: I find it hard to see that those who decide which hotels can take quarantinees are not going to be lining their pockets - there is no incentive for the decision makers not to stop this quarantine when there is money to be made which is potentially very short sighted. 

There have been many cases here is one example

Phuket authorities on the hunt for quarantine dodgers

Phuket police and officials from the health department are trying to track down a group of people they believe to be potential carriers of the Covid-19 virus. The group had been asked to self-quarantine, but it’s now believed they continued to meet people outside their homes and defied the direct orders of health officials.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-asia/cv19-thailand/phuket-authorities-on-the-hunt-for-quarantine-dodgers

Currently when you are in quarantine in Thailand you are tested on day 5 and again on day 12/13 if both tests are negative then you are released day 14/15

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That doesn’t mean ‘self isolation’ as a policy is proven not to work. It just means some will break the rules, which is to be expected - harsh charges would limit those of a frivolous nature who would otherwise abuse the rules behave - Instead everyone is being forced to stay in state quarantine or pay for a hotel quarantine because a few have broken the rules (thats like banning everyone from driving because some tool will drive like an idiot and kill someone).

Proof would be if the majority of those in self isolation failed isolate such that the spread rate (R rate) of the virus exceeded 1.0.

I don't think anyone is willing to take that risk , your not be forced to come to Thailand at the moment so people coming need to accept quarantine or change their travel plans to a date when their is no quarantine rules in place

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Berti said:

The airlines make the offer to the Thai government to fly regularly.

Now it's the turn of the Thai government to make some clear rules fast who will be allowed to enter.

But they don't like to make decisions.

You're right. This speculation has gone way too far. Everyday the same old news about international flights not being allowed for the foreseeable future, but never any explanation given to what it really even means (flights coming in every day and more scheduled for July).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So if you test positive, that means the other 300 or so passengers need to go into mandatory quarantine also....look what's happening in Cambodia now.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t think I’ll be coming back any time soon and will enjoy the summer in the UK, Wife and Son will join me here. 

Your son doesn't have to go to school?

Edited by Keyser Soze666