Foreigners married to Thais set to be allowed to return to Thailand

webfact

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I wouldn't disagree with you that they don't want them, however I would question whether they need them still, especially in places such as Pattaya. it doesn't seem to me that they are effectively adjusted to attaract alternative business,, the Chinese hasn't worked so far although I suspect it may be the way forward for them. Whatever the situation Thailand is losing its appeal with expat and retirees alike for many reasons. Seems the allure of other Asian countries is more appealing.

keep dreaming...just look what happened the last 5 years. Are you feeling that they welcome us? Ok, our money always is welcome, but now they have the Chinese. Their money is much easier and much more. Wait, it takes maybe more 5 years ...

11 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So links to forums and heresay.

Figured that would be your response.....not factual.

oh there is plenty of factual data out there,,, I have read it many times.. do some research for yourself. I already know the truth, if you really want to know it then search for yourself, i'm not doing your homework for you... i suspect though you will just live in denial,, you do seem to jump on almost every point with an argumentative attitude, why don't you check for yourself....

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please outline path to become citizen.

Yes there is a 378 page thread about it. Very difficult to obtain. Your so boring re continual snipe at posters. Get a grip.

Yeah its a long an arduous task.. but those that really love Thailand and their family persist.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

oh there is plenty of factual data out there,,, I have read it many times.. do some research for yourself. I already know the truth, if you really want to know it then search for yourself, i'm not doing your homework for you... i suspect though you will just live in denial,, you do seem to jump on almost every point with an argumentative attitude, why don't you check for yourself....

And yet you won't link these facts outside of a few links to forums and personal opinion.

Just now, pineapple01 said:

How many Ferangs wait i wonder.?. Its turned into a bickerfest again amongst the usual nits.. Thais must be affected mainly.

Goodness knows how many foreigners but seems enough for the Thai government to give it a mention in the press. For Thai people I am not 100% sure but I thought they are permitted to come back in and self isolate? I could be wrong on that..... Either way keeping families apart is not good and some sensible prevision should be made..

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 10:01 PM, uffe123 said:

Good news, haven seen my wife and son for eight months, booked a flight for the eight of july but that was cancelled by the airline.

why was it cancelled? did they give you another flight or is it something else?

35 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

yet again argumentative,,, is this your hobby to just challenge every post you read..????????

Why should somebody have to become a Thai citizen when they have a family in Thailand? You really are completely heartless, i could use another word but not on here..

I personally hope Thailand do allow foreigners back who have family, luckily they wont listen to you. Have a nice evening, don't ever change who you are..????

I personally hope Thailand allows a simpler way for people that love and worship Thailand to become one withe the country and their family...

Until then.... Us aliens  have to suck it upon visa's and extension.

Thai Rak Thai.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

Of cause...but we are not in the position to judge about this. Many countries have different approaches to solve the problem. We don't know which is the best solution. The Thai government made their decisions and we have to follow their rules. I think that the government is aware about the social problems and they have to support the poor.

Of course we're in a position to judge. These decisions are impacting us directly.

If that's not enough, then consider you are on a forum designed specifically for discussion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, andre47 said:

You are quite arrogant...are you a Thai citizen? If yes, then you can judge, if not then you can stay in your home country if you don't like the Thai rules.

It's a discussion forum. Different opinions should be allowed.

Would be no discussion if we don't discuss different possibilities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uffe123 said:

Was flying on delta and they cancelled all flight fo the month of July to bangkok, now booked on the 2nd of august. Waiting to see if that will work.

Oh I see, so it wasnt you being rejected to fly to Thailand,, sorry to hear you are waiting so long.. Good luck..

12 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Richard, it should be clear to you by now that Thailand's idea of a low infection rate is very different to the thinking of many other countries. Yes, this virus may well be around for a long time but so far Thailand still has restrictions in place when (according to their figures) there have only been 3135 infections and just 58 deaths - more deaths by seasonal flu in fact.

If Thailand wants its economy to fully recover its going to need a huge change in attitude towards fresh infections. I hope I'm wrong but with the government's current thinking and both ministers and the Thai media whipping up feelings regarding allowing foreigners/tourists to return - I can't see that happening.

Open the borders, there will be new infections for sure but they should be relatively easy to control. Keep the borders closed and destroy the economy. The choice is theirs but the decision makers have plenty of cash in their accounts and food in their freezers.  Most of them have probably not complied with the lockdown 100% - their lives won't have been affected too much by Covid 19.  I doubt they care about the economy as much as a normal government might. 

Remember that no matter how they try to dress it up - Thailand is still essentially run by the military.  To them general population are just soft civillians.

well said,,, couldn't agree more

21 hours ago, samsensam said:

the 14 day quarantine is not imposed to make life difficult or on a whim. it is an internationally recognised measure to ensure the safety of your family, friends and others. all my friends returning to the uk during lockdown quarantined for 14 days. it's plain common sense.

No they didn't - because other than the few people who were repatriated from Wuhan or who came back from the Diamond Princess, nobody in the UK got properly quarantined.

You had "self-isolation" where you're supposed to stay at home and not go out. But if your self-isolation is in a house with other people who didn't travel with you, they can still go in and out unless you come down with symptoms. And it's not been policed. How many people on self-isolation without symptoms popped out to the corner shop for milk or a loaf? But it's the asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic people spreading the virus that are why this virus has spread as much as it has in such a short time. (If you only had to steer clear of people coughing, it would be relatively easy - that's why the first SARS didn't spread all that well).

There is a reason why the UK's death toll has passed 40,000 when Thailand's death toll is 58 - when Thailand got the virus first, and the two countries have a similar population.

Part of it is the wai rather than shaking hands.

Part of it is that there's a lot less public transport over the country as a whole.

Part of it is that everyone in Thailand is wearing a mask.

Part of it is that they spray your hands with alcohol gel when you enter 7-11.

But the biggest thing is that they controlled arrivals. They started scanning people arriving from China in January, and eventually stopped most flights, and only allowed in Thai nationals (and even they get quarantined for two weeks before they can move around).

Thailand has had one person die from Covid-19 in the first half of this month. I would definitely take that over what's happening in my home country.

5 minutes ago, bkk_mike said:

No they didn't - because other than the few people who were repatriated from Wuhan or who came back from the Diamond Princess, nobody in the UK got properly quarantined.

You had "self-isolation" where you're supposed to stay at home and not go out. But if your self-isolation is in a house with other people who didn't travel with you, they can still go in and out unless you come down with symptoms. And it's not been policed. How many people on self-isolation without symptoms popped out to the corner shop for milk or a loaf? But it's the asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic people spreading the virus that are why this virus has spread as much as it has in such a short time. (If you only had to steer clear of people coughing, it would be relatively easy - that's why the first SARS didn't spread all that well).

There is a reason why the UK's death toll has passed 40,000 when Thailand's death toll is 58 - when Thailand got the virus first, and the two countries have a similar population.

Part of it is the wai rather than shaking hands.

Part of it is that there's a lot less public transport over the country as a whole.

Part of it is that everyone in Thailand is wearing a mask.

Part of it is that they spray your hands with alcohol gel when you enter 7-11.

But the biggest thing is that they controlled arrivals. They started scanning people arriving from China in January, and eventually stopped most flights, and only allowed in Thai nationals (and even they get quarantined for two weeks before they can move around).

Thailand has had one person die from Covid-19 in the first half of this month. I would definitely take that over what's happening in my home country.

Maybe you are right with the arrivals, but I am not so sure.

Of course a country should block entries from other countries with very high current infection numbers. But most European countries did quite well with self-isolation. I think Germany repatriated about 250,000 people in a short time and they had only self quarantine. It worked.

Mask wearing seems to be critical:

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspa.2020.0376

Mask wearing alone can lower the R-rate below 1 and the virus disappears over time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The U.K. Government has said only travel if necessary, therefore no company is going to insure are they ?

Absolutely,  the uk government  are not gonna give the green light any time soon. No insurance = no travel. Simple

1 minute ago, Davo369 said:

Absolutely,  the uk government  are not gonna give the green light any time soon. No insurance = no travel. Simple

bet someone will insure, but you are going to pay through the nose for it......