Neighbour's dog howling in a cage all day

clarky cat

Any chance you can make friends with the dog, as you are a dog lover ?

Is the  cage locked. slip over with a nice morsel for him, let him out & play with him

It will not take long before he realizes how his bread is buttered

• Like 1

Had the same issue with a howling dog a few years ago - went to the Tessaban and filed a complaint - the next day they went round to see the owner and the problem was solved - from then on she kept the dog in the house at all times

You could try this or the Police (donation will be required of course) 

• Like 1

After useless discussions I filed a report with the police and sped up the issue with a little contribution of a purple note. Some six showed up in a pick-up, had a word and the dog got re-homed within days. Too many pets are being bought for decoration purposes and then left in cages or all day long in a house or a condo - education at school and on TV with little spots would certainly not have a contradictory impact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, salsajapan said:

Could you try to ask owner if you can help by walking the dog and/or taking care of him during the day ?

A very pragmatic approach.  You can't change people but you can be practical.  Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.   

16 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Maybe time to get yourself a life and get out the house daytime?

I feel your pain though, I've had similar problems, not as bad as yours though.

the dog probably sleeps half the day, I doubt the OP is sat outside watching it 9 till 5

7 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

the dog probably sleeps half the day, I doubt the OP is sat outside watching it 9 till 5

From the OP (if you didn't bother reading it properly) ''All it does is howls all day now'' And why would you have to watch it for it to bother you???

So go and pick a fight with someone else, maybe the wife, Cyril?? 

Edited by Keyser Soze666

On 6/16/2020 at 12:03 PM, clarky cat said:

not big enough, the dog is huge

it gets drenched every few days now rainy season has started, and i'm not sure how well huskies cope when it's 40 degrees

See if your neighbouring Thais are also annoyed, If so they may raise a complaint with the local Amphur who hopefully will address the matter

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

From the OP (if you didn't bother reading it properly) ''All it does is howls all day now'' And why would you have to watch it for it to bother you???

So go and pick a fight with someone else, maybe the wife, Cyril?? 

'all day' is a figure of speech more often than not

*girlfriend, not wife

23 hours ago, sungod said:

If I was a Siberian Husky with a full head of hair, I'd be howling in this heat too.

The fur actually insulates them. 

14 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

That's why it's better to rent.  You can move anytime something like this spoils the neighborhood. ????

Agreed. 

I am a big dog lover, have always had dogs for as long as I can remember, Rottweilers or Mastiff breeds.... 

I should have known better, we had 2 ankle biters and I saw a Husky pup for sale. Gorgeous dog, mischievous and full of energy. We would take him for walks twice a day and he had the run of the house / yard with the other 2. However, I had to return home for medical reasons and the Wife needed to support me, Mom could look after the ankle biters but the husky was too much for her. We had him re-homed to a wonderful family who we have stayed in touch with. 

Dogs are not toys, sadly the Thais do not understand this. I suggest you take the route of previous suggestions and wish oyu good luck. 

10 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:
23 hours ago, sungod said:

If I was a Siberian Husky with a full head of hair, I'd be howling in this heat too.

The fur actually insulates them. 

I've just stuck my puffa jacket on, not working for me ????

So I know I've harped on before about how Thai's, in general, but not always have scant care and love for their pets, but...

Now this is not quite the same but maybe something to think about. Back here in the US my neighbor has this great dog, Carl. Sweetest dog you could imagine. During the day he can go in and out of the house through his dog door, but gets lonely, thats when the barking starts.

So I was chatting with my neighbor about it, so now I just take him for a walk every day until Brock gets home from work, problem solved.

Maybe you could suggest dog sitting, if of course the dog is now so de socialized from being caged for hours a day, then thats not happening either!

Leaving a dog in a cage that long is cruel and harmful to its physical and mental health. Thailand has animal cruelty laws now. Contact them. But I know, easier to live with the wrecking of your life and the dogs year after year rather than make a simple phone call.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

Leaving a dog in a cage that long is cruel and harmful to its physical and mental health. Thailand has animal cruelty laws now. Contact them. But I know, easier to live with the wrecking of your life and the dogs year after year rather than make a simple phone call.

I wasn't aware they had laws on this, i'm quite surprised in fact.

We'll be moving house now anyway for various reasons and one of the first things I do will be to contact them.