Neighbour's dog howling in a cage all day

clarky cat

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

How big is the cage? We had one of those huskies living nearby and the owners would chain it up all day whilst they went to work. That dog would bark all day, however someone reported it to the local Tessabaan and they immediately got rid of the dog.

not big enough, the dog is huge

it gets drenched every few days now rainy season has started, and i'm not sure how well huskies cope when it's 40 degrees

Edited by clarky cat

Is it at all possible, and I know I am reaching ...... that you are a cat (user name), that just don't like this dog, and want rid if it?  ????

But seriously, let the neighbours sort it, but I wouldn't be optimistic. Thai's can ignore most things. ????

1 minute ago, thequietman said:

Is it at all possible, and I know I am reaching ...... that you are a cat (user name), that just don't like this dog, and want rid if it?  ????

But seriously, let the neighbours sort it, but I wouldn't be optimistic. Thai's can ignore most things. ????

no lol, I like dogs which is why it bothers me

all the surrounding neighbours are out at work every day so don't hear anything (I don't think)

It is cruelty to animals. Record the abuse having the animal crying and caged in an inappropriate enclosure. It is mental torture. 

Thailand introduced its first animal welfare law in 2014. The Cruelty Prevention and Welfare of Animal Act, B.E. 2557 (2014) came into being on 27 December 2014.

It prohibits neglect, torture, and uncaring transport of live animals. Neglect includes improper housing and transportation of animals, which can lead to injury and death. An offense is punishable by law, which may impose a two year-term in prison, and a fine of up to 40,000 baht (US$1,663), or both.

The new laws came into effect on 27 December 2014 and define cruelty as any action which causes an animal to suffer physical or mental torture, pain, illness, disablement or death, including using a disabled, ill, aged, or pregnant animal for labour or show work, and prohibits such actions. Animals covered are domestic pets, and animals kept for food, work or entertainment purposes.

[6]

• Like 1

Thai love dogs but they don't know how to care for it. All my neighbors in my village have at least one dog.

One shouldn't have dogs because dogs need a lot of care. If you don't have the time nor the money, it's better not to have a dog.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, seajae said:

unfortunately thais have no idea how to take care of dogs, most are  too lazy to wash, walk and play with them, they shouldnt even have animals if they are not prepared to take care of them.

Many of them don't have a clue how to treat any animals.

Village girl staying with us at the moment, when our rabbit pushes it's head against her (stroke me), she waves her hands at it until it moves away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

when our rabbit pushes it's head against her (stroke me), she waves her hands at it until it moves away.

..."stroke me..."

You wish.  It's not asking to be stroked, it's scent-marking whereby it's scent glands are being used to mark whatever object it's rubbing against.  I don't blame the girl!

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Get someone to pen an anonymously polite letter in Thai asking the owners to take care of the nuisance for the benefits of both the poor animal and the neighborhood, and if that will not work lodge a complaint with the animal welfare agency...

Only do NOT sign it unless you want 'fighting' The owner is unlikely to see your point of view if confronted face to face and will tell you all dogs bark and that his dog is no worse than the others etc etc, if you are a falang 'none of your business' anyway of course.

I have done the letter, sent with varying degrees of sucess, some dogs have been moved and some got rid of. Worse was 4 doors down who suddenly took in 5 soi dogs all at once, bedlam all day while they were out, they got rid of the dogs but others complained as well. At the back we have 4 beagles in cages and the other 10 around us just left out all day in the yards to yap and whine at anything that moves, bored as never taken for a walk.

If you leave a letter unsigned they will wonder who it might be from, they might think it's from a Thai with a bit of clout, so keep them guessing. Best be polite and appeal to their better nature, try to make them feel guily for causing such a nuisance.

A husky is not the type of dog to be tied up all day. It needs exercise and discipline training. 

If i had this problem I would speak to the owner and explain this and offer to take the dog out for a walk twice a day. The walks will tire it out and stop the howling. 

39 minutes ago, misterphil said:

A husky is not the type of dog to be tied up all day. It needs exercise and discipline training. 

If i had this problem I would speak to the owner and explain this and offer to take the dog out for a walk twice a day. The walks will tire it out and stop the howling. 

Thais get them for the narak factor they are not interested in what they need or want. First thing they will tell you is how much the puppy cost them. Even seen St Bernard just up our road, did not last long that one

5 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

See if you can get yourself an Australian white cockatoo. Place it cage close to there bedroom and get yourself some ears muffs.

Maybe teach it to say in Thai " shut your gog up"

????????????

Thats plain evil. Cockatoos are real screachers.

If you get no joy from the TSPCA or the tessaban, go and record the howling or barking for a few minutes, set it on a loop and go place a wifi speaker near their window and replay that full volume starting at 1am. Keep it up until you need to run away (with your speaker). Repeat as needed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

"Clarky cat" has nothing to do with cats.