July 31 amnesty is only for overstay fees not overstay.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, several immigration offices refuse to give extensions on the amnesty.

They've been missing out on all the bribes via agent for 3 months, and are looking to make some money.

24k usually gets you a retirement extension with no evidence of funds and no questions asked.

I might pay it myself on 31st July if the amnesty expires and everyone's borders are still closed.

been quoted 17 and 19 in Pattaya, less in Bangkok

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

His case is completely different from that. Read my post above.

The reason that so many of us are so sceptical, and fall foul of the regulations in one way or another,  is that we just don't have your extensive, deep knowledge of the rules and regulations, that's why so many TVF Members rely on you to put us straight,  Maybe we should try to attain your level of knowledge, if that were at all possible for most of us, indeed, I guess that it is our duty to do so, but we don't and the constant  inconsistencies between Offices and officers just drives us all crazy.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're OK if you're not applying for an extension.

He was not trying to apply for an extension. It was wanting a 90 day  non immigrant  (category O) visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension that is needed to apply for it.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're OK if you're not applying for an extension.

No not applying for an extension. That is totally in Q3. But am I a little in hot water and need to go pay a fine asap for not doing a 90 day check in? If so I can hightail it tomorrow and cough up the fine.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

No not applying for an extension. That is totally in Q3. But am I a little in hot water and need to go pay a fine asap for not doing a 90 day check in? If so I can hightail it tomorrow and cough up the fine.

No you don't. Those are certainly not required now.

The OP's case is not directly associated with the amnesty.

• Like 1

So cannot we apply for 60 day extension as the exemption period comes to an end ?

I have a married mans multi entry O, but obviously cannot do a border bounce if borders closed ?

Can this be done on July 31st or does it have to be 15 days before?

Just now, ubonjoe said:

No you don't. Those are certainly not required now.

The OP's case is not directly associated with the amnesty.

Great. Easy to misconstrue the hoop jumping when the bars are always being adjusted.

Is July 31 still the set date to do before? Just would like to plan on a realistic date to go when really needed to do so.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not a overstay fine you would be paying for.

I think it is because you have less than 15 days remaining on your original permit to stay from your tourist visa that is required to apply for the non immigrant visa.

So that's why Pattaya Immigration is asking for an illegal bribe. Got it ????

9 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

So cannot we apply for 60 day extension as the exemption period comes to an end ?

I have a married mans multi entry O, but obviously cannot do a border bounce if borders closed ?

Can this be done on July 31st or does it have to be 15 days before?

He was not applying for an extension. He was trying to apply for a non immigrant visa that requires 15 days remaining on his original entry to the country.

No problem to apply for the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So that's why Pattaya Immigration is asking for an illegal bribe. Got it ????

Do people here think immigration offices all over Thaiand will start to ask for bribes from METV holders come 1st August once the amnesty period is over just like how they are asking for from the OP?

Edited by bbi1

11 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Is July 31 still the set date to do before? Just would like to plan on a realistic date to go when really needed to do so.

They are not due until after July 31st. Not announced yet but some offices are saying 90 days after your last report was due.

There will be an announcement if they decide the amnesty is not going to be extended.

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Do people here think immigration offices all over Thaiand will start to ask for bribes from METV holders come 1st August once the amnesty period is over just like how they are asking for from the OP?

Not me.

If on a METV you will need to leave the country on or before July 31st unless you can qualify for an extension of some kind.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

They are not due until after July 31st. Not announced yet but some offices are saying 90 days after your last report was due.

There will be an announcement if they decide the amnesty is not going to be extended.

Anyone heard or reported if CM is requiring this? I know sometimes it is a money grab up to each office and how hungry they are.

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Anyone heard or reported if CM is requiring this? I know sometimes it is a money grab up to each office and how hungry they are.

They cannot require it. It is clearly written that 90 day reports are not required in the ministerial notice that was approved by the cabinet.

They cannot go around it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

The reason that so many of us are so sceptical, and fall foul of the regulations in one way or another,  is that we just don't have your extensive, deep knowledge of the rules and regulations, that's why so many TVF Members rely on you to put us straight,  Maybe we should try to attain your level of knowledge, if that were at all possible for most of us, indeed, I guess that it is our duty to do so, but we don't and the constant  inconsistencies between Offices and officers just drives us all crazy.  

Just admit you jumped the gun and got a little hysterical?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They cannot require it. It is clearly written that 90 day reports are not required in the ministerial notice that was approved by the cabinet.

They cannot go around it.

Much appreciated UBJ with big thanks. Have a good night.