Divorce In Los

Nawtilus

Anyone knoe what the divorce procedure is exactly in Los ?

I might be getting married at the end of the year and just want to know about the next step beforehand.

Like...what is required and where is it done.

Are both parties required to be present, or just one with the other party signing whatever is required.

How long is the process from start to finish and cost.

Thanks.

I might be getting married at the end of the year and just want to know about the next step beforehand.

Are both parties required to be present, or just one with the other party signing whatever is required.

Thanks.

if you " MIGHT " be getting married and your preparing for the divorce already, may i offer you an alternative and possibly save you a <deleted> load of trouble and stress.

why dont you cohabitate with your lovely partner without the added pressure of getting married .?

i mean do you really have to get married?

there is no law telling us that we must marry, and if we could just enjoy our time together things would be a lot more stress free.

anyway,

i could start a thread on this exact subject and just might do it, but good luck to you mate and i hope it all works out for you, but consider the alternative. :o

sorry i cant answer your question, but there's a <deleted> load of fella's who have the experience to help you.

Thanks.

I've been through this process, so I hope this advice helps.

If your wife is agreeing to the divorce then its a simple matter of the two of you visiting your local registra office and signing the forms...if she's not willing to go through with the divorce, then you need to be separated for 4 years+ and employ the services of a good lawyer. The procedure is then taken care of through the local 'Family' court - this could take up to a year !

Lawyer fees vary but should be in the order of 20,000 Baht. The court fee will only be a few thousand baht but you may be required to post a deposit of 30,000 which is refunded at the end of the hearing (by cheque)

If you are disputing the ownership of property a 50/50 split is propbably the best option - this is what I settled on. Expect this to take much longer - I'm attending my ninth hearing next month and its been running for nearly two years now!

Hope this helps

Geoff

Edited by geoffphuket

Thanks.

I've been through this process, so I hope this advice helps.

If your wife is agreeing to the divorce then its a simple matter of the two of you visiting your local registra office and signing the forms...if she's not willing to go through with the divorce, then you need to be separated for 4 years+ and employ the services of a good lawyer. The procedure is then taken care of through the local 'Family' court - this could take up to a year !

Lawyer fees vary but should be in the order of 20,000 Baht. The court fee will only be a few thousand baht but you may be required to post a deposit of 30,000 which is refunded at the end of the hearing (by cheque)

If you are disputing the ownership of property a 50/50 split is propbably the best option - this is what I settled on. Expect this to take much longer - I'm attending my ninth hearing next month and its been running for nearly two years now!

Hope this helps

Geoff

Think of this in the reverse context if your wife bumps you & wants to marry another guy.

Great leverage on disputed assets!! :o

Soundman.

Thanks.

Amazing man u are just getting married and u are already thinking of divorce........If u are not sure den dun marry first....stay together for sometime and if it works out den marry IMO if u are not 100% sure dun do it and regrets later ....

Eh? you're thinking of getting married but want to know the ins and outs of divorce? sure you want to get married?

Divorce was the last thing on my mind when i got together with my better half and WE decided to tie the knot.

:o

You and your wife go to the Amphur office. Bring your documents: marriage certificate, passport, housebook, ID card. It takes about 30 minutes. Cost is minimal. Set laeo.

Macks right. But I asked her to come to my Lawyers office prior so that we could both sign a document showing that she didn't claim anything from my estate. Then off we went with a secretary from my Lawyers off ice to the Amphur. It cost me 10000bht in Legal fees but was worth it.