CCSA to reconsider new version of ‘travel bubble’ scheme next week after rejecting initial proposal

snoop1130

CCSA to reconsider new version of ‘travel bubble’ scheme next week after rejecting initial proposal

By The Nation

800_b49b72e89389606.jpg

Despite gaining Cabinet approval, the “travel bubble” proposal was rejected by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) because the scheme does not make any provisions for a 14-day quarantine.

The drafters of the scheme decided not to include the quarantine period for fear visitors will lose their appetite for travel, though CCSA believes this will open the door to a second wave of infections.

There has not been a single new case domestically for 24 days, while those who have imported infections are being kept under state-controlled quarantine.

CCSA said it will reconsider the travel bubble scheme if related agencies come up with interesting measures, like offering visitors quarantine in hotels or villas as proposed by the Tourism Council. The council has said that a public hearing is required before these measures can be applied.

Meanwhile, Anutin Charnvirakul, Public Health Minister said Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoen, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, has been appointed to come up with ideas about implementing the travel bubble scheme.

Separately, the ambassadors of Japan and Switzerland are talking to the government on how best to apply the concept of matching countries in the travel bubble, as it is based on each country’s disease control and the economy.

Each country will sign a memorandum of understanding related to the travel bubble, and the pact will be terminated if an outbreak occurs in a partner country.

All suggestions will be proposed to the prime minister and the CCSA on June 26.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389861?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-18

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, LEKPHUKET said:

This is the result of a country leaded by.

brainless puppets. Nobody is going on holiday to be in quarantine, when the new german is comming back why he not needs quarantine?

The basic of human rights is to be free to travel.

We are becomming the new North korea,our own kim is in europe at the moment.

The Chinese won't be coming to Thailand. They're too busy fighting Coronavirus. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/17/beijing-coronavirus-outbreak-city-raises-emergency-level-and-grounds-hundreds-of-flights

1 hour ago, dougiemac52 said:

I'm happy to go into quarantine provided I can travel to my wife's home 

Well that is not quarantine you might infect the whole house hold and beyond - you would be a local super spreader 

15 hours ago, mr mr said:

i told my buddies back home about this and they booked already on quarantine.com   

fantastic rates all things considering. 

Please share with all what the intent, specifically, of those buddies are for coming?  Also, give us an idea of their personal status...ie. Single Professional.  We would like to know for the benifit of spreading the idea.  If you give no reply, I understand that to say they are single men looking for illegal activity.  I hope we get a good reply.  Thanks

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The UK government came up with the brilliant idea of quarantine for incoming people just about 4 months too late. 20 million arrivals just walked in from countries with the worst situations. Now the UK has the great accolade of being number one. Now they’re backtracking to save some face and talking about airbridges and bubbles. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1