Temporary Stay In Another City

I have lived in Pattaya with my Thai wife for 14 years. I'm on a "Retirement" Visa. My wife is currently ill, and may need extended treatment in her preferred hospital in Bangkok. If that happens, I will want to stay in a hotel or apartment for the period of her treatment. What are the Immigration reporting requirements under those circumstances?

If you stay in a hotel and at some apartments they will do a TM30 report of you stay. Nothing you need to do in Bangkok.

When your return to Bangkok you may have to do a TM30 report at immigration there.

I don't think I was clear enough about this, Joe. I'd be staying in a hotel or apartment IN Bangkok, close to the hospital, for as long as necessary. Then I'd return to my house here in Pattaya. So would I have to do anything with Immigration here in Pattaya before leaving; or just fill out a TM30 at the place of my temporary stay in Bangkok? ... Would there be anything to report in Pattaya when I return?

You do not need to inform Pattaya immigration of anything before leaving only a TM30 after your return.

Immigration in Bangkok would not know you were in Bangkok unless a hotel or a apartment building reported your arrival.

Seems strange. No report of departure from Pattaya, or arrival in BKK? I only file a TM30 with Pattaya Imm upon return? Is that right? ... If that's it, while I'm gone, Immigration would have no information about my location. Doesn't make sense! ???

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need to inform Pattaya immigration of anything before leaving only a TM30 after your return.

Immigration in Bangkok would not know you were in Bangkok unless a hotel or a apartment building reported your arrival.

I'm not sure thats right Joe. I was  told you didn't need to do another TM30 unless you had been out of the country.

I personally have been out of my province multiple times over the years and have never reported to Immigration on my return.

12 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I'm not sure thats right Joe. I was  told you didn't need to do another TM30 unless you had been out of the country.

I personally have been out of my province multiple times over the years and have never reported to Immigration on my return.

That entirely depends upon the office you report to and also whether you stayed someplace that reported your arrival.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Seems strange. No report of departure from Pattaya, or arrival in BKK? I only file a TM30 with Pattaya Imm upon return? Is that right? ... If that's it, while I'm gone, Immigration would have no information about my location. Doesn't make sense! ???

There no requirement to report your departure from your residence.

The only report needed in Bangkok is a TM30 done by the place you are staying. If they do not do it there would be no need to do one unless you needed to something at immigration there.

1 hour ago, patsfangr said:

A  lot of things among the bureucracy doesen't make any sense here in Thailand..belive me..dont move about yourself here, and don't waekup sleeping dogs..

23 hours ago, patsfangr said:

I don't think I was clear enough about this, Joe. I'd be staying in a hotel or apartment IN Bangkok, close to the hospital, for as long as necessary. Then I'd return to my house here in Pattaya. So would I have to do anything with Immigration here in Pattaya before leaving; or just fill out a TM30 at the place of my temporary stay in Bangkok? ... Would there be anything to report in Pattaya when I return?

If you have a TM30 report from Jomtien Immigration,you don't have to do anything if you're coming back to the last reported address. Just do the next 90 days report as usual, and you're back on track. 

4 minutes ago, orientfan said:

From 30th June, TM.30 submissions are only necessary after international travel or for a change of permanent address. They are NOT required after domestic or provincial travel.

Who told you that or where did you read it?

For almost 10 years Jomtien office I have traveled all over the country stayed in many hotels, and out of the country almost 30 times.

Never done anything or filed anything or told anyone and never asked a question during 90 day or extension.