Thaksin's Little Girl Right At Home In London

Thaising

Thaksin Shinawatra may be persona non grata in Thailand, but friends tell us his daughter Pinthongta is a popular heartthrob at Cass Business School in London - the second- best business school in the United Kingdom, where she is enrolled in a masters program.

Pinthongta was recently spotted at Funky Buddha, a famous club in London known as the favored hotspot of Prince Harry and other high-flyers.

Jake, Pinthongta's classmate in a marketing course, said the girl shows no sign of being a billionaire's daughter and is "totally down-to-earth and apt to serve everyone."

"She invites all her friends to her apartment every week, and makes her maids cook many dishes for us, while she herself makes us fine Thai desserts," Jake said.

"She has two maids in her apartment, which is rented for 3,000 (HK$45,000) a month."

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail....&con_type=1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope she has a great time in London and the UK, she's no doubt going to figure in Thailand's future business life and probably political life too. Winning her over as a fan of the UK now might have long term benefits for the UK.

"totally down-to-earth and apt to serve everyone."

Down to earth, indeed :D .

and makes her maids cook many dishes for us

Yeah, all those down to earth billionaire kids are like that :o

I wish UK would give the Chinawatra family the same visa grief as the Thais give us here!!!

I 100% concur.

I also bet she hasn't had the grief, most of us have had in getting visas for our wifes etc to come and live here in the UK. :o

I'm guessing if you were both billionaires you would have less problems with visas. :D

i think your all being a bit hard on the poor girl. :D

if you think about it being banished to the old blighty is a punishment no one should ever have to endure. :D

i mean its an unnatural and exceptionally harsh punishment. :D:o

I wish UK would give the Chinawatra family the same visa grief as the Thais give us here!!!

I 100% concur.

I also bet she hasn't had the grief, most of us have had in getting visas for our wifes etc to come and live here in the UK. :o

I'm guessing if you were both billionaires you would have less problems with visas. :D

Oh, that's fair enough then. Maybe the Embassy at Bangkok should put that criteria in a "tick box" on the application form, so that we know how fast track the system.

Well, she's a billionaire, what would you expect her to do? Drinking beer with some punks in a cheap pub in London? Play the guitar for change in Piccadilly?

Exactly.

If she has children,should they be given a hard time too..... :o

Edited by chuchok

Absolutely chuchock :o

But of course we are jealous. Who wouldn't be? Rich kid whose dad leaves her open to prosecution in her home country?

Seriously tho, I could care less, but find the friend's description of her being down to earth a bit funny coming in the same breath as "she makes her maid cook meals for us...". With friends like that, who needs enemies?

What pill is so difficult to swallow? I don't understand where your comming from. She is a young student in London, whats the big deal? If you come to Thailand to study it's easy enough to get an ED visa.

Some of you guys are real piss ants.

P.S. Try cyanide

Edited by ZukiSuzuki

Thing is Terry if the girl wants the best education she can't choose Australia can she. :o

unfortunatly maddy,

i must agree with you on that one. :D

education is getting bleeding expensive over here these days and the poor girl most probly could not afford the exhorbitant fee's, being a student and such. :D

besides that we aint got no funky buddha disco's over here. :D

Absolutely chuchock :o

But of course we are jealous. Who wouldn't be? Rich kid whose dad leaves her open to prosecution in her home country?

Seriously tho, I could care less, but find the friend's description of her being down to earth a bit funny coming in the same breath as "she makes her maid cook meals for us...". With friends like that, who needs enemies?

What's the difference between a foreigner comming to Thailand and having maids cook for them and their friends?

Can they not be described as 'down to earth' either? I'm sure many Thai people would think not, then again they don't seem to be as judgemental in that respect as many people on this forum seem to be.

What pill is so difficult to swallow? I don't understand where your comming from.

The fact that her and her family (avoiding prosecution) are let in this country with open arms. They have no other UK spouses here (that i know of) and yet i was born and bred here, served in this countries forces, paid taxes all my working life and have had to jump through hoops, to get my spouse a visa to join me.

What pill is so difficult to swallow? I don't understand where your comming from. She is a young student in London, whats the big deal? If you come to Thailand to study it's easy enough to get an ED visa.

Some of you guys are real piss ants.

P.S. Try cyanide

maybe she would be better off studying in japan mr suzuki, as that would also educate her in the ways of a superior culture.

also being off asian appearance she would blend in a lot better, making it difficult for the media to identify her and leaving her to her education. :D

thank you very much. :o

as far as piss ants go, i have absolutely no comment at all on that one. :D

I hope she has a great time in London and the UK, she's no doubt going to figure in Thailand's future business life and probably political life too. Winning her over as a fan of the UK now might have long term benefits for the UK.

Hopefully not just as a fan of the UK but a fan of many other countries as well. One suspects (hopes?) that what you're speculating is a foregone conclusion at this point. That's kind of a roundabout way for me to say I concur with your analysis!

And on another thread the people bemoaning this young woman having a great life in London will be happy to tell us about thier own great life in Thailand - Rich by virtue of the cheapness of Thailand.

Housing beyond the reach of most Thais

The best schools for their kids

The best restaurants when they want to eat out

Cheep goods and services

All these things beyond the means of the average Thai worker.

I say good luck to Taksin's daughter, young, rich, and in London... a sitting duck for the spite an envy of people who are only rich when surrounded by people who are poor.

What pill is so difficult to swallow? I don't understand where your comming from.

The fact that her and her family (avoiding prosecution) are let in this country with open arms. They have no other UK spouses here (that i know of) and yet i was born and bred here, served in this countries forces, paid taxes all my working life and have had to jump through hoops, to get my spouse a visa to join me.

hate to let you in on the secret jangles,

but when one has a billion quid one can go where one likes as it is legal to buy ones way into a country.

australia has exactly the same rule.

if one has a <deleted> load of coin one can just walk right in. :D

its the way of the world mate and normal punters like me and you cant play this game. :o