Uk Passports For A New Born Half Thai?

In October my wife will be giving birth to our second child, there is a possibility that we will go to the Uk very shortly after the birth for a week holiday.

I have seen that the UK now issues biometric passorts only, is there a minimum age to apply? as in 10 days old?

Thanks in advance

there is no minimum age but have fun trying to take an acceptable passport photo at that age.

Agreed it will be great fun, it was with our four month old, hopefully the new one will be asleep when its taken..!!

UK passport office will not now accept closed eyes for photo even if 1 hour old.

there is no minimum age but have fun trying to take an acceptable passport photo at that age.

Agreed it will be great fun, it was with our four month old, hopefully the new one will be asleep when its taken..!!

my daughter was about the same age when i got her passport, anyway eyes must be open, also you are going to have to hold her and your hands can not be shown in the photo, if you lie her down the background maybe a problem and also try telling a 1 day old baby to keep still. Anyway good luck with the birth and the photo.

BB

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly but i am slightly concerned with regards to my daughters passport.Ske was only 4 months old when her picture was taken as is now 3.5 years.(she has been up to now been travelling on her mothers vietnamee passport but we have renewed that without her being on the new one)and i cannot see how anyone could state that she is the same child,ie her apperance has altered so much.Do you think this may pose a problem at immigration?

Hi Moonman1975,

A bid congrat's on your news of a birth, funny enough mines due on the 1st of october and he/she is my 1st, so a great month for the both of us. :ohttp://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1068717512679

I think that the link has explained everything i need to know or is there anything else that i might be missing?

Kind rergards.

Chris.

Hi Moonman1975,

A bid congrat's on your news of a birth, funny enough mines due on the 1st of october and he/she is my 1st, so a great month for the both of us. :ohttp://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1068717512679

I think that the link has explained everything i need to know or is there anything else that i might be missing?

Kind rergards.

Chris.

Many thanks Chris all the best to you to, a great month it will be. Yes good link that about covers everything, for our first child we held a white cloth behind her, so no hands could be seen, although it took along time for her to settle.

Regards