Thailand’s impressive battle against COVID-19 result of decades-long efforts

rooster59

The government health system is doing its best to help the local population.  They dodged a bullet when, I think, the weather was hot and dry and  masks where used by the many.  Now it's the still reasonably hot and also humid time of the year let's see if the luck continues.  

It appears they have controlled it. Life is back to normal

Thai bars in sukhumvit are open again with no social distancing. Less people are wearing masks and even gentlemen clubs are open again.   To control border to September is abit exaggerated considering the cases.  They can implement tests on arrival.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

''...don't believe the numbers..."

A few days ago I was talking to 2 Thai uni professor buddies,  they raised this point and both said initially they didn't believe the case numbers, new infections, hospitalized, deaths, etc.

They both also mentioned that all of these numbers have remained without query for many weeks, and if they were untrue by now somebody would have discovered they were false and it would have reached the media quickly. 

I would have thought that the stench of the thousands of hidden, decomposing bodies would have reached the public's nostrils far quicker, no?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I would have thought that the stench of the thousands of hidden, decomposing bodies would have reached the public's nostrils far quicker, no?

benzene and matches,  problem  solved

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bodga said:

benzene and matches,  problem  solved

In Isaan, with each moobahn's organised ritual of burning trash piles, virtually impossible to go unnoticed.

In Bangkok, the epicenter of Thai Covid-19 deaths?

Yeah, right...

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

It appears they have controlled it. Life is back to normal

Thai bars in sukhumvit are open again with no social distancing. Less people are wearing masks and even gentlemen clubs are open again.   To control border to September is abit exaggerated considering the cases.  They can implement tests on arrival.

Tests on arrival will show nothing. One can be infected with a low viral load and turn up a negative result. Then they get sick on holiday and spread the virus around. I don't see any international tourism restarting here for many months. 

• Like 1