PC time

Inderpland

It's always been easy to sync the PC's time with the Internet but that changed a while back. Now it does not want to do that and every time I completely reboot the computer (starting with the BIOS) it gets it wrong by an hour and some minutes.

I try to sync it but it doesn't want to and as you can see last successful sync was 20 days ago. What could be the problem?

PS. I am able to set it manually but it changes back after reboot.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Inderpland

2 hours ago, Inderpland said:

every time I completely reboot the computer (starting with the BIOS) it gets it wrong by an hour and some minutes.

What date and time are showing in the BIOS? If it is incorrect, change to the correct year, date & time, save and exit.

Instead of Settings, go into Control Panel (small icons) and click on the Date and Time icon. On the Date and Time tab, what time zone are you seeing? If your are not seeing (UTC +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, change to this.

Go to the Internet Time tab and then Change Settings. Make sure Sync with internet time server is checked and click update now. If the time.windows.com server doesn't work, try the secondary server, time.nist.gov.

If none of these work, check/change the CMOS battery in your machine.

• Like 1

I would replace the CMOS battery.  Aside from that, I know of nothing that affects time/date data in a system.  At times, there can always be anomalous behavior just based on random chance...but the CMOS battery and the server selected have been the keys for me in my journey to use/operate/enjoy computer systems.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe the Set Time Zone automatically gets it wrong.

I would try to set the time zone manually and see it that makes a difference. 

This.

My PC used to always set me for China when on automatic.  Once on manual, stayed on +7

If you are showing time off on half hours, you may be set for India.

• Like 1