Pattaya: Tourists flouting the alcohol and distancing rules - police chief cracking down

webfact

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chief Pol Col Khemmarin Phitsamai said he was aware of what was going on in the entertainment district.

And I am sending my guys out to make me and them some money. I am actually glad to hear someone in Thailand is actually having some fun.

• Like 2

Apparently they weren't at the beaches yesterday. Hardly any foreigners but chalked full of Bangkok license plates and Thais getting their drink on but as long as they get foreigners out of tree town all is good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

Apparently they weren't at the beaches yesterday. Hardly any foreigners but chalked full of Bangkok license plates and Thais getting their drink on but as long as they get foreigners out of tree town all is good.

Garbage.  You omitted the very relevant part that stated that Thais were included also, in fact, Thais were the first to be mentioned...

"Pattaya's police chief said he was cracking down on Thai and foreign tourists brazenly breaking the Covid-19 rules in Soi Bua Khao. 

Earlier pictures in the Thai media showed people drinking in the area of Tree Town market where there are mainly restaurants".

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Haha 1

A corrupt and lawless society results in a corrupt and lawless society. One needs only look towards those past and present office holders who have turned this town into what it is.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

And what are you saying with that?

I am not saying anything.

You stated "Just give some proof against it and I will reconsider."

So I provided the link pointing to actual government statistics provided by MOPH.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Benmart said:

A corrupt and lawless society results in a corrupt and lawless society. One needs only look towards those past and present office holders who have turned this town into what it is.

May I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

2 hours ago, timendres said:

I am not saying anything.

You stated "Just give some proof against it and I will reconsider."

So I provided the link pointing to actual government statistics provided by MOPH.

Yes, I saw that. What had that to do with proof for what I asked for. I guess you think it´s right to give people tobacco when they want bubble gum.

3 hours ago, timendres said:

On 19 June 2020 at 18:00, Thailand announced that 3,511 additional people met the criteria for PUI, raising the total to 288,088 PUI, as shown in Table 1.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no168-190663.pdf

I read somewhere today that there is a spike in cases from returning Burmese workers from Thailand into Mynamar.

7 hours ago, timendres said:

On 19 June 2020 at 18:00, Thailand announced that 3,511 additional people met the criteria for PUI, raising the total to 288,088 PUI, as shown in Table 1.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no168-190663.pdf

So 286,000 Thais turned up at hospital with Covid symptoms .

If they were not all tested then the published numbers of infections are laughable.

18 hours ago, Oldie said:

This Tree Town area seems to be special. Before there were no public benches to sit. But now there are many and used by people for drinking and socializing. If you go a little bit further to Soi LK Metro it is dark and quiet. Also many other areas in Soi Buakhao are quiet. But this area has been different for many weeks already. 

Reason is most of the beach rd freelancers migrated there after police crackdowns on beach rd

1 hour ago, stubby52 said:

Reason is most of the beach rd freelancers migrated there after police crackdowns on beach rd

Around 11 pm yesterday I came across the Tree Town area on my way home. There I saw very many people without masks close together (tourists and ladies and ladymen). Endless empty beer bottles and cans. (Not loud) Music from a portable unit I guess. A police car with blinking red lights standing there but driving away. All in all I had the impression that this seems to be an approved party zone - but the two bars closed by the police are still closed. It has been busy there for weeks already. And someone put there many public benches not so long ago so that the people can sit. 

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

This Tree Town area seems to be special. Before there were no public benches to sit. But now there are many and used by people for drinking and socializing. If you go a little bit further to Soi LK Metro it is dark and quiet. Also many other areas in Soi Buakhao are quiet. But this area has been different for many weeks already. 

I wounder who has there name on the title deeds for this area 

The New Normal Tourism in Pattaya:

One hand waving you over to come to Pattaya;

The other hand smashing you in the face.

Covid-Tourism 2020.  What possibly could go wrong?