Thai Immigration announce changes to TM30 reporting

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

This is why I mentioned these should be vetted by a lawyer. Vague language creates nothing but opportunities for corruption and confusion.

Either way -- either an ongoing TM30 permission or at worst one requiring an annual renewal/refresh -- would be an improvement over the prior "every time you go abroad and return" requirement.

36 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AFAIK, my annual extensions of stay and re-entry permits are not "extended."  They run one year and they expire... And in order to remain, I have to apply for new ones before the old ones expire, AKA, lose their "validity".

When you apply for a extension of your permit to stay never expires unless you fail to apply for an extension.

The new re-entry permit is only to keep your permit to stay valid when you enter the country. If you did not have one your extension would be gone.

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

And that was the crazy and unfair requirement that when you applied for an extension of stay and the owner of the place where you are staying had not filed a TM30 of you arriving at his premisses, that you were fined for his shortcoming and worse that your application for extension of stay could be denied until the matter was solved.

That issue should not occur now since the report only needs to be done once. I think most people had problems because they had left the country or stayed someplace that reported them. Only first time applicants should possibley have that problem.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

Well any amendment to the TM30 is a step in the right direction,but still confused I am. My wife and I own our home in Chiang Mai,she submitted the TM30 to inform immigration that I live at the property she owns arghhh. We have been considering doing a road trip to Sukhothai,Tak,Hua hin,phuket and back,about 6 weeks in total. Upon our return to our home in CM does she need to re submit the TM30 to tell them I am back at home and my permanent address. 
The other amendment could be,people that live here on a permanent basis like myself,Retirement visa should only need to inform immigration once you change your permanent address. Taking one less drama out of the equation.

You are very logical.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The alien as defined in paragraph one shall include those who

being granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified

time in the visa, and those with re-entry permit.

Does this mean this only applies to those with a single or multiple entry attached to their visa? If not travelling outside Thailand and not applying for a single or multiple entry, would you still have to jump through the hoops if travelling around thailand with one permanent place of residence?

I am the house master. Already reported myself, wife and our child in a TM30.  Gone to the beach and staying at an AirBNB. Property manager copied all passports and said she must report us all in the system to immigration. So when get back home to Bangkok I have to report us all over again in Section 38 app? Yes or No. I have retirement visa and wife and child follow my visa. What is this I see TM28 been replaced with TM27 and TM29? More opportunity for immigration to confuse and issue fines looks to me. 

This is good news for expats and immigration services also, yet some condos, mine included has a direct online connection with choburi imm, and always done this for me...

18 hours ago, keithet said:

so this is just if you leave the country and then re-enter to your same address? 

What about if just go to another province for a week and then return to same address? 

Same address means same address it is stated very clear..... so if no same address need TM30 making 

42 minutes ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

Does this mean this only applies to those with a single or multiple entry attached to their visa? If not travelling outside Thailand and not applying for a single or multiple entry, would you still have to jump through the hoops if travelling around thailand with one permanent place of residence?

If you have a single entry visa or visa exempt entry the reporting still applies to you.

If on a multiple entry visa or a extension of stay with a re-entry permit it applies to you.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The alien as defined in paragraph one shall include those who

being granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified

time in the visa, and those with re-entry permit.

Supposing that "specified time in the visa" refers to the validity of our permission to stay in the Kingdom: so if we come back to the same address after the original visa and respective "specified time" have expired, but with a new visa and respective "specified time" in our passport, does the landlord/hotel manager have to report?

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Surely if one of us "aliens" has a lease on a condo for one or more years, that should be proof that's where we intend to stay for the duration of the contract. Hence a 90 day report is superfluous. Same with someone living in a house in their Thai wife's name.

The simple solution would be that if you permanently leave your registered (via TM6 or TM30) place of residence you would be required to report your new residence within a specified period of time.  Such as 14 days or 30 days.  Don't do it and there would be some sort of penalty.  The requirement could be printed on the TM6 and TM30 forms so there would be no excuse for not knowing. 

Edited by AAArdvark

19 hours ago, DrTuner said:

What valid period?

Could they not run it through an actual lawyer... in any case, too little, too late. Expats will remember this "hospitality" for years to come.

The ones still there.

The ones still trying to get back will have several other bitter and sad memories..

If they eventually get back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No report for staying in hotel and etc if you return to your reported address is needed.

That is very clear in 2.2 of the regulation.

I just read that, so confusing when they right things they way the do, simple English would help as you have explained the way you understand it Joe.

So one more time for us slow ones if you don't mind please.

I have a marriage extension, so if I go to another province and, stay in a hotel or even go overseas and come back in on a re-entry permit, and return to my address, I do not have to do a TM30

But if I go overseas on and return on a reentry permit and stay in a province on holiday (say Phuket) for a week before I return to my province, then I would have to lodge a TM30 when I return ?

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have a marriage extension, so if I go to another province and, stay in a hotel or even go overseas and come back in on a re-entry permit, and return to my address, I do not have to do a TM30

But if I go overseas on and return on a reentry permit and stay in a province on holiday (say Phuket) for a week before I return to my province, then I would have to lodge a TM30 when I return ?

No and no. You only need to do one if you change addresses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, in a nutshell.

I can go in and out on my multi entry permit as long as I return to the same house of 20 years or so, that I have yellow book for, without worry or reporting, (for either of us), to anybody on a TM30?

Am I correct on this?......... End of story?

The mobile Section 38 app that does that TM30 check in is no longer working on my phone anyway.

Edited by Scouse123

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No and no. You only need to do one if you change addresses.

So no more reporting at all, only if I change my address ?

Am I to understand that the TM30 is basically a dead duck, unless you change addresses ?

In article 2.1 it appears that it also changed the reporting location requirement to be only immigration office and removed the local police station.

If so, that also helps to remove a point of issue some people reported previously.