Visit to Pattaya today - It was Almost a Pleasure

Pilotman

Our family visited Pattaya a few weeks ago, just after they opened, it was a pleasure. We hadn't been there for a long time. Went to terminal 21, had a good breakfast at foodland, shopped at Tops. Took a drive along beach road, through walking street and up the hill past the Royal Cliff complex, no traffic, no Chinese parachuters buses, all empty.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimn said:

I am glad you enjoyed it. People of every race is the heartbeat of Pattaya. Without them there is no soul. I do not like it the way it is at the moment, thats why I am going back to the UK, with all its problems, for hopefully only 4 months. If I cant return when I want I will just have to wait. I love Pattaya but not the way it is at the moment, sorry.

if its normal life is a 'soul' then it's a mighty dark one. That 'soul' had been sold to the devil. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, newnative said:

I don't think he used the word 'just' in his post.  Putting 'just' in changes his meaning quite a bit.  He seems to be enjoying his retirement life in Pattaya, as am I.   I don't see anything sad in that at all.  Sad, for me, would be stuck in some cold climate country where I would be hibernating indoors 3 or more months of the year and likely counting my pennies.   Instead, I have nice weather year-round and can be active outdoors every day--as the poster mentioned.  Pattaya, itself, has everything I like and want in a place where I choose to live, at less cost.   I don't see how living in Pattaya would be any sadder than you living somewhere outside of Pattaya.  You are, apparently, happy where you are living and that's great--I would never post how sad it must be for you to live where you are.  In turn, please don't judge those of us who prefer a more urban life.

if what makes you happy is to live in a normally over populated, stinking, crime ridden polluted City, cram full of ignorant tourists, with terrible traffic problems, a normally trash filled beach and a sewage filled sea, with a scam around every corner, then I am happy for you. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

6 hours ago, Don Mega said:

It really is a pleasant place to be at the moment.

Makes me laugh at the people crying in past threads claiming that iam just trolling when I've said this.

Just that it seems odd to choose to live in a place that owes it's existence to tourism and complain about the tourists. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would say dying at 71 would be much sadder, and if that occured after a long spell of loneliness, even sadder. It is quite fantastic that Pattaya can offer real enjoyment to men in their autumn years. You can be in a lot of loneliness in a UK City, or Nakhon Nowhere. In Pattaya, I see many very happy older men.

Seriously,. and I am being serious now, Yes, I understand what you are saying,  but most of the old men I see around Pattaya look miserable, often bored and lonely.  Take a stroll along those bars on the beach end of Soi 6, I have never seen so many miserable faces as you can see there in the day time. Yesterday, sitting  in the coffee shop, even Mrs P remarked that the two other tables, occupied by single older men, that they looked  bored and unhappy.  Not usual for her to notice such things, never mind remark on them. Sometimes, when I see such people, I feel incredibly sad for them. Maybe I am just reading too much into the expressions of people I don't know?  

• Like 1