Warning! Little girl needs 23 stitches after running through glass door

webfact

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

How about suggesting a minimum thickness glass for doors.

Interesting you should say that.

Years ago in uk a friend had double glazing fitted including a double glazed door. The order and bill was for 3mm glass. I checked for him with a small ultrasonic meter calibrated for glass. Every pane was 1.5mm.

When the company was told it was all replaced free of charge.

????

Image is a more up to date instrument.

410V99+3YgL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Edited by overherebc

No need for special stickers, just buy any kind of sticker at all (stickers for kids sold at many stores), vinyl film, anything really... Even cutting long rectangles from a piece of paper and using tape... 

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

Many years ago back in the UK my dog probably saw some birds in the back garden and she suffered similarly going through the closed door. When we got the door replaced we put stickers over it to about half way up the door.

They are dangerous without warning stickers, safety glass or not.

that is definately a smart idea...this way the dog can read the sticker in advance before going thru the glass door.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oldie said:

I wanted to replace the mirror glass doors in my condo with ones with safety mirror glass. The companies here in Pattaya looked at me as if I am crazy.

Health and Safety has not caught on yet in Thailand.

14 hours ago, billybog said:

that is definately a smart idea...this way the dog can read the sticker in advance before going thru the glass door.

She was a Welsh Border Collie that we got from the RSPCA in Cardiff, We actually went out to buy a freezer and on the way home, the first 'er indoors want to go to the dogs home.

The dog must have been smart as she never tried that trick again. She was still a puppy the and could learn new tricks.