Pattaya: Bars and clubs won't open despite bans ending

webfact

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Many of the soi honey and chaiyapoon massage ladies never left.  Business is slow, yet they seem relatively happy and are coping reasonably well from what they tell me.  Food is cheap and they know how to cook. As mentioned, a few bars have gotten food licenses and are open serving beer and have no problems with the "restaurant" rules concerning CV.  Free food lines are always a 100 meters long or more.  Nothing is ideal in Pattaya and will not be until tourists return for bar and club owners.   Ideally the greedy mega corps like Sang Som, Singha and Chang beer need to lower their ridiculous prices on their low class beers to help stimulate the recovery for these establishments IMO 

No doubt some girls here have regular customers, with some even having sponsors sending money every month, but you are talking about  small percentage.

Thousands of girls left, and now there appears to be a chicken and egg scenario.  The girls don't come back until the tourists come back, and the tourists don't come back until the girls come back.  Of course, at the moment, nobody can come here, but even when tourists are able to come back, it will be a trickle, and probably not enough to entice  most of the girls to come back in  hurry.    

Pattaya has a higher cost of living for Thai staff who move here for work.  Their main cost is rent.  They would know how many lady drinks, bar fines, and "customers" they need each money to make it worth their while coming back to Pattaya.

If all the bars were allowed to open tomorrow, don't expect all the bar girls to rush back to Pattaya.     

• Like 1

Multiple off topic posts from the same member have been removed also replies, the topic under discussion is:

Pattaya: Bars and clubs won't open despite bans ending

STOP trying to hijack this topic

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Where does one get this advance knowledge that one is not going to get any symptoms from this virus, it sure would be good to know!

Just look at the mortality-specifics (age, co-morbidities), and the many cases of large groups identified as "positive" with most/none showing no symptoms.  If one is elderly, diabetic, etc - should definitely take precautions to avoid it. 

If I had conditions which put me at risk (thankfully not), I would have food-boxes delivered, and sanitize it all upon delivery - then hope and pray they lift all restrictions, so everyone else gets it and becomes immune ASAP.  The last thing I would want is to "slow the spread" - which is only beneficial to the extent a hospital-system is near overload, but otherwise just prolongs the time the vulnerable must "shelter in place," and actually increases the likelihood they will catch, by extending the timespan.

Some will say, "But we don't know if immunity exists," which if proven, means it is hopeless to avoid forever - so the choices are throw care to the wind, or accept a possibly longer lifespan life in a box.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, pattayadude said:

everybody in this forum is entitled to post his bravery&idiocy or cowardliness&cautiousness..whoever wants to play russian roulette, be my guest

My odds -  based on what we know - would be playing roulette with 10,000 chambers or more (possibly multiples therof), and only one with a round in it.  Others will have different odds.

12 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Just look at the mortality-specifics

You failed to answer the question....but I fall back on a simple statement, I would prefer not to catch it at all, as I am unsure how badly  I might be affected. I would expect many feel that way and do not want their lives put at risk based on your layman perspectve, nor would I want to risk the lives of others purely because some statistics tell me it likely won't kill me or them. Today the total number of deaths surpassed a half million, many who might have agreed with me given the opportunity.

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, Skallywag said:

Over 15,000 EU, American, and Australian expats here. 

I remember reading a recent thread saying there is a total of around 4000 expats here.  Not all of them go to bars, so they will be thinly spread out in establishments across the city.