Morning wasted at CW

Just got back from CW. 

My extension is due on the 13th of July, so as with every year I go early just in case something goes wrong.

0-A extension all paperwork I need I have, Copies of everything and bank letter etc.

Insurance dated to start same day as the extension 13th July. 

Oh no no no can not can not..... I thought immigration had given up acting like children regarding this by now.

How wrong can you be. There is no arguing with childish ignorance. 

So I'll try again another day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, glegolo said:

You are wrong... the day you walk in to the Immigration and make your extension,,, that is also the date you will have in your passport...

I myself have personally experienced it several times, try and you will see. But maybe you are mixing things up, and are talking about other stuff?? I dont know really, first of all you can not extend your VISA like you say, you are in fact extending your permission to stay.... start there!!

glegolo

So your extension end date changes depending on what date you go to immigration ? 

I have always had an expiry date of the 12/07/20.. whenever I have gone. It matters not. 

Can not extend my visa ? I have not used the word visa as far as I can see, But when all else fails....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A one year extension will be dated the on the same day of the month as the existing one. 

If you listen to the logic of Ubon Joe it all makes sense.

Some of you other "EXPERTS" need to get a grip.

3 hours ago, berybert said:

How wrong can you be. There is no arguing with childish ignorance. 

So I'll try again another day.

You seem a little bit unhappy. See it from the positive side. It would have been terrible if you had wasted the afternoon.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You can renew your extension up to two months before the official renew date of your extension date. The official year date always stay the same like mine 4th Feb. the other date on the same stamp is the day you did it. So it does sound like the insurance has to be valid for the date you apply for the extension, But then would run out before the official year is up. But then sounds like you have to renew again for the next extension to keep the insurance flowing ... like most insurances... 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

You can renew your extension up to two months before the official renew date of your extension date. The official year date always stay the same like mine 4th Feb. the other date on the same stamp is the day you did it. So it does sound like the insurance has to be valid for the date you apply for the extension, But then would run out before the official year is up. But then sounds like you have to renew again for the next extension to keep the insurance flowing ... like most insurances... 

Not in Pattaya - it has always been no earlier than 30 days -- as mentioned in a previous post, a few Offices allow 45 days -- so far, I have not seen any posting of an Office allowing 60 days in advance - so can you identify the Immigration Office(s) that allow 60 days before renewal date?

Peter Denis

This lack of consistency is driving everybody nuts.

Some IOs insist that the insurance has to be aligned with your renewed permission to stay.

Others want that the insurance already started on the day of application.

Some IOs cap your renewed permission to stay till the annual insurance policy expiry date, and others give you the full 1 year permission to stay even if the insurance policy started (and ended) earlier than your permission to stay renewal.

And there was one horror-story of an immigration officer that wanted it both ways - the insurance starting on the day of application but aligned with the renewed permission to stay.  Since that is impossible, the compromise was that the applicant had to come back just before closing time of the Immigration office on the last day of his permission to stay.

As to insurance cover period, as mentioned above, requirements seem to vary depending on the Immigration Office (or maybe Officer). A friend just renewed in Pattaya - his underlying Visa was an OA, thus his first problem was he had Thai health insurance from a company listed on the TGIA website (a requirement) with significant inpatient coverage. But it did not include outpatient care. 

His insurance company agreed to issue a "new" policy with both inpatient (his previous amount) & outpatient (the minimum 40k required by Immigration) for a higher fee, of course.  Since I had seen reports that Pattaya Immigration wanted the cover to begin on the day his extension begins I suggested to him that he get his new policy to begin on July 4, which is his extension starting date. However, his insurance rep said it should begin the day before on July 3 and that was the start date used for his new policy.

WELL, he went to Immigration a few days ago and did receive his extension, BUT they cut one day off making his new renewal date July 3 of next year to coincide with his new policy cover period.

• Thanks 1

I started my insurance on February 1 of this year through an 'approved' insurer and used an agent. My agent is aware of when my extension of stay expires and when I intend to go to CW another extension of stay.  I believe that may agent will 'amend' my current insurance policy to expire on the same day as (or day after) my extension of stay with a new policy to be effective for full year thereafter. Ubon Joe, what is your experience on 'overlapping' policies as this? I don't see how it can be a problem.

So my O-A visa extension runs out July 19th. I would like to renew it ahead of time and this is the first time I am required to have insurance. So when do I get the insurance to start? I am thinking the day before I apply for the extension would be the safest bet? comments?

18 hours ago, berybert said:

So your extension end date changes depending on what date you go to immigration ? 

I have always had an expiry date of the 12/07/20.. whenever I have gone. It matters not. 

Can not extend my visa ? I have not used the word visa as far as I can see, But when all else fails....

same here, my extension  is always the same start/end date no matter when I go in to do it which is usually a week or two earlier

Edited by seajae

I didn't have that problem at Ratchaburi when I extended in January.  But I have read here about others having problems like that in other offices.

Did you already have insurance that covered you to that date?  If so showing them both may be acceptable to them.

Otherwise I guess you are stuck going back on the last day to extend it.

Maybe you could get the insurance company to change the policy start date to an earlier date and go on that date to extend.  But you would probably have your extension expiration date changed to the date the insurance policy expires and lose a little time on this extension.