Any Info On When Thai Elite Cardholders Will Be Allowed To Return?

1 hour ago, Sundown said:

If not What's the advantage of having Elite visa? Setting up a company for the sole purpose of the visa is cheaper and you don't have to shell out all the cash at one time. Ri-di-cu-lous

Could be a better way indeed.

I don't know how complicated it is though ?

Very easy in Panama for example. I guess Singapour too. Still international easy business oriented countries.

If they really want high-worth tourists / long stay, they should change the Elite visa :

- 1 year (nobody will bet on 5 years from now), renewable.

- No quarantine obviously (like IATA intelligently said : 

- No TMxyz whatsoever...)

- No lottery at airport of course.

ukrules,

yes, it is great once you are in Thailand and I see the value of the visa for you because you are in Thailand now and got something extra although not affected.

But how would you think if you were abroad and they would tell you you are not in the list of preferred customers to enter the country as it is now?

• Like 2

Can be good if you do not have or do not want to travel, from now, considering the situation.

For those outside, it looks like a bad deal imo.

And travels will not be "normal" before long i am pretty sure.

4 hours ago, cerox said:

how would you think if you were abroad and they would tell you you are not in the list of preferred customers to enter the country as it is now?

I would feel fine because I purchased a long term tourist visa. Do not  be confused with the word ELITE or the price. It's a tourist visa. IMO down the food chain from extensions based on marriage etc.

In fact there would be outrage if elite visa folk put ahead of others. IMO EV conditions same as tourist entries.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I personally think it would be appropriate to place Elite visa holders on the same level as retirement extension holders, and ahead of casual tourists. Like those who retire to Thailand, Elite visa holders have made the decision to spend significant time in the country, and likely committed to things like condos. They come behind critical workers, permanent residents, and spouses/parents of Thais.

Haven't even seen gov talk about long stay retirement etc.

Marriage mentioned for list 2.

Annual extensions eg retirement surely after that and elite should be included.

If elite  excluded would not surprise.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Non O retirement waiting patiently..............

Assuming quarantine will remain, I think allowing those on retirements extensions, and elite visa holders to return is going to be prevented by the limited capacity in quarantine hotels. This will also slow the arrival of those with Thai spouses and children. What could reduce pressure on quarantine facilities is travel bubbles that mean some returnees will not need to undergo quarantine. Perhaps, that will be the point where retirees and elite visa holders (even from countries outside travel bubbles) might start to be allowed in. It will surely be at least a few months.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

some returnees will not need to undergo quarantine.

The day they will allow entries from disease infested countries to live in Thailand for longtime without qurantine and unrestricted movements is the day when Thailand will be doomed and rampant spread of the virus will overwhelm Thai health care system and Thailand will become another disease infested country. I hope it does not happen and if it happens I will take my chance in the USA and go back. 

Edited by Mulambana

21 hours ago, cerox said:

I was thinking about buying the Elite visa in the past few days, under the assumption I would be able to get back with paid quarantine (same as WP and marriage guys). This would have been on top of the other advantages as e.g. 5/20 years IO-hassle-free stay and entry possible via Bangkok airports.

Elite staff answered me next months certain countries would be allowed back. So it seems like Elite members get the same priority as other tourists.

It really shocks me because I thought they were selling a product here and this would have been so easy money (more applications, more quarantine bookings). I can only conclude that we have been too arrogant thinking they would want our money.

As the elite visa is classed as a tourist visa it is correct to assume that they will be allowed back into the country at the same time as (normal) tourist visa holders are allowed back.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cerox said:

I was thinking about buying the Elite visa in the past few days, under the assumption I would be able to get back with paid quarantine (same as WP and marriage guys). This would have been on top of the other advantages as e.g. 5/20 years IO-hassle-free stay and entry possible via Bangkok airports.

Elite staff answered me next months certain countries would be allowed back. So it seems like Elite members get the same priority as other tourists.

It really shocks me because I thought they were selling a product here and this would have been so easy money (more applications, more quarantine bookings). I can only conclude that we have been too arrogant thinking they would want our money.

For sure the Thai's want your money, just no benefits come from it.

I've learned over the years, that everytime a Thai ask how long I've lived here, and they ask this question often... the best thing to say is just a few months. I've seen how the Thai's treat me better than if I say 21 years. So it appears the higher you are up the ladder in finances or experience, the less you mean to them or at the very least, the less you are deserving of their hospitality, as that is short lived and reserved for the people who come and leave. 

On 6/27/2020 at 8:38 AM, Mulambana said:

They should allow elite card holders to return to Thailand with 14-day qurantine. It will definitely boost the elite membership and people will be releived that an elite membership has some advantages. 

"Some advantages"?

Faster route out of the airport? The Thai Elite Card is for people who doesn't meet the requirements for a normal long stay visa/extension. It's a total waste of money. I prefer 5x ฿1,900 instead of 500,000. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

I personally think it would be appropriate to place Elite visa holders on the same level as retirement extension holders, and ahead of casual tourists. Like those who retire to Thailand, Elite visa holders have made the decision to spend significant time in the country, and likely committed to things like condos. They come behind critical workers, permanent residents, and spouses/parents of Thais.

That’s a valid argument 

elite visa holders committed to long term in thailand and paid a premium for the service 

• Like 1