PDFs

Gandtee

Firstly I'm a computer ignoramus. At 86 I do my best. My daughter sent me many old family photos as PDFs. I opened some and cropped others. Recently I tried to raise the untouched ones, but couldn't find them. A while ago, following googles advice to get rid of unwanted programs.  I uninstalled Acrobat where I think these files were stored. I've reinstalled Acrobat. Is there anyway I can get the files back? If not I suppose I'll have to go back to my daughter to resend them, if she still has them. Ah well. Any advice and thanks in advance.

Did she send them to you via email?  They may still be available there if she did.  The only things that you may have lost are those that you modified and stored in another location after doing that - the originals should still be in your email system.

Edited by lopburi3

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Did she send them to you via email?  They may still be available there if she did.  The only things that you may have lost are those that you modified and stored in another location after doing that - the originals should still be in your email system.

Yes. I'm pretty sure she sent them email over a year ago. How do I search emails that far back?

Just now, Gandtee said:

Yes. I'm pretty sure she sent them email over a year ago. How do I search emails that far back?

It will depend on your email program - I use Google Gmail and they keep mail way back (unless I remove it - mine currently goes back 12 years with 15,000 messages and I do not use much email).