Transport

ercorn

Hi all

I am coming to Jomtien for a couple of weeks holiday and I have just booked into the Bannammao resort 2 Sukhumvit Road,Jomtien.

I was wondering if any of you have stayed at this resort and also as I am coming by bus from BKK what is the best way to get there from the Pattaya bus terminal?I rang the resort but they told me they cant arrange pick-up.And as I have alot of gear with me I would like to organise this in advance.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

ercorn

And as I have alot of gear with me I would like to organise this in advance.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

ercorn

If you are coming with the Bell Travel bus, they are supposed to take you from the bus station to your hotel as a part of the package.

If you are arriving on a normal public bus, there really is no need to make advance arrangements. Just charter a baht bus (shouldn't be more than 150 baht). There are usually a half-dozen or so loitering around the station looking for fares.

I'm sure they'll even help you load your gear onto the truck.

Might be a bit more then 150 Baht, and on top of this I doubt any of the Baht Bus drivers is going to know the place!

That resort is actually NOT in Jomtien but in Na Jomtien, which is roughly halfway between the far end of Jomtien (Chayaphruk Road) and the Ambassador Hotel. I would say about 6 km past Jomtien...

Making it almost 20 km away from the bus station in North Pattaya.

I do find it strange that they are not able to organize it from the resort, because any trip into Jomtien or Pattaya will be a big hassle if you have to rely on public transport, especially in the evening back to the hotel...

Hi

I would be visiting Pattaya with four of my friends this saturday. Was just thinking that would it be advisable to take the Bell Travels bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport which will cost us about 600 Bhats one way or will we be better off to Hire a taxi. Also which will be more comfortable after a 6-7 HRS of being on the flight. Could someone please also tell me the approx cost of a taxi so that we can decide in advance.

My flight arrives at 6AM in the morning.

Hi

I would be visiting Pattaya with four of my friends this saturday. Was just thinking that would it be advisable to take the Bell Travels bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport which will cost us about 600 Bhats one way or will we be better off to Hire a taxi. Also which will be more comfortable after a 6-7 HRS of being on the flight. Could someone please also tell me the approx cost of a taxi so that we can decide in advance.

My flight arrives at 6AM in the morning.

I think Bell's would be your cheapest option, and probably the most comfortable as well. Cramming 5 people and their luggage into a single taxi would be very cramped.

Bell uses full-sized buses, and on the last trip I was on, it was maybe half-full (or is that half-empty ?).

You can try to negotiate a fare with a taxi, but I doubt you'll get a cheaper deal, and would probably be expected to pay the highway tolls as well. The "limousine" services will be quite a bit more expensive.

The first Bell's bus departs at 08:00. If you are arriving at 06:00, that should be plenty of time to get through immigration, gather your luggage and meet the representative. (My flight arrived at 08:50 and I had plenty of time to catch the 10 o'clock trip).