UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

There is certainly no chance of you, yourself, converting me; because you never post any facts!

Why do you assume that anyone who disagree with you on any subject is a 'lefty?' How far right are you to believe that? Many Tories supported Remain and still consider Brexit a massive mistake. Some even supporting a second referendum on the final deal.

BREXIT REBELS Which MPs are supporting a second EU referendum – the cross-party politicians who are backing a second Brexit vote (I could have used other sources; chose this one as even you will find it difficult to dismiss The Sun as 'lefty.')

I do at times call a spade a <deleted> shovel. true. But I'm not the only one. Your own attitude towards those with whom you disagree is hardly an example of sweetness and light!

I suggested that Loiner 'put me in my place' by answering my question and so proving me wrong. Where in the forum rules does it say that answering another members questions and proving them wrong is not allowed?

One thing is sure, after the 1975 referendum our membership was done and we moved on. 

After the Maastricht treaty was signed and approved by a Tory (not 'lefty') government, we moved on.

Whilst I disagree strongly with Farage and other Brexiteers, had they not stood on their orange boxes then the 2016 referendum would never have taken place and Brexit would never have happened!

It's what happens in a democracy; people are allowed to disagree with the government and push for change. 

And you call me condescending!

Like I said, good for a laugh....????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tebee said:

Did you lot ever stop whining in the 45 years since the 1975 referendum?

No - I thought not 

Yes cuz I accepted the democratic referendum result that took us into the EEC (EU). Whereas ...................................

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yes cuz I accepted the democratic referendum result that took us into the EEC (EU). Whereas ...................................

So are you saying that Farage and everyone else who lobbied and demonstrated and campaigned against that 1975 result were wrong to do so and acting undemocratically?

Or are you saying doing so when you agree with them is right, but when you disagree it's wrong?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Who are these travellers you keep mentioning? Where are all those examples - non existent? Come on, you are the one who loves links, quotes and facts.

I'll take your 'medicine' with a large spoonful of sugar, but I can see that you usually suffer sudden reaction in a knee jerk of the report button. Is that what makes you feel better?

The referendum majority and our subsequent democratic Leave the EU is a done deal. Your constant moaning is just that - constant moaning.

Fortunately JRM and the ERG saved the nation from Treasonous Theresa's remaining BRINO. We thank the increased majority for the GE Tory landslide for giving Boris and Dominic the tools to ensure we will Leave and transition without major damage.

Will these current ads ever match the losers bus fixation? Nah, not snappy and direct enough for Remainers to comprehend while they are still wallowing in bitterness.

EU are not walking anywhere, other than home empty handed. David Frost is giving them nothing and Barnier is only close to being given the boot by his EU masters. 

Im curious. May was brino. What has boris achieved that is different to her?

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Two parts of that prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

"You all seem to think that there is one veto to fit all - there isn't."  and "As I explained in another post there have numerous vetoes for different purposes."

Yes, there are various variations on vetoes, who can use one and for what purpose. But all vetoes are the power to to unilaterally stop an official action, especially the enactment of legislation. In the EU, vetoes are absolute which means in those policy areas unanimity is always required. 

For the more common examples see. Unanimity.

I have no idea how 'Ted Heath' serves as evidence to support the statement "The lies and myths about EEC/EU treaties involving the UK started 50 years ago." He may have been PM when we joined, but Wilson was PM in 1975. I'd ask you for some real examples, but I know you can't.

You always say that your claims equate to proof. But they never do.

I am glad that you admit that there are various variations on vetoes and yes, there were a very few important ones left that required unanimity. The main problem was the rate that vetoes were disappearing; an important example is the EU’s common defence policy, which can now be passed by a majority vote and cannot be stopped by a single veto, as a result of the Treaty of Lisbon. Historically, the UK had few natural voting allies in the EU, so it was often outvoted anyway. More and more important votes and vetoes were lost. All unanimity vetoes still empower a member to unilaterally stop an action but these became very few and many elements of EU legislation were already passed by majority or QMV by the time that Cameron was forced to give up our veto allowing us to argue for more comprehensive EU reform in any future EU treaty change, as part of his failed pre referendum deal with the EU.

Ted Heath lied to and deceived the British people in the June, 1971, White Paper, sent to every UK home saying: "there is no question of Britain losing essential sovereignty." And he he said on TV in 1973: “There are some in this country who fear that, in going into Europe, we shall in some way sacrifice independence and sovereignty. These fears, I need hardly say, are completely unjustified.” Now, how on earth can it be that we have not lost significant chunks of both independence and sovereignty, in many ways? Heath was PM and signed us into the EEC in 1973 - with no prior referendum of course - he knew what the result would have been.

The 1975 Wilson government also tried deceive the UK voters in the Labour party referendum pamphlet with: "No important new policy can be decided in Brussels".. This is the use of the word important in a very loose sense at best and a complete misuse of the word to most. This statement was untrue in 1975 and became more of a lie as EEC/EU treaties and members increased in number. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Who are these travellers you keep mentioning? Where are all those examples - non existent? Come on, you are the one who loves links, quotes and facts.

I'll take your 'medicine' with a large spoonful of sugar, but I can see that you usually suffer sudden reaction in a knee jerk of the report button. Is that what makes you feel better?

The referendum majority and our subsequent democratic Leave the EU is a done deal. Your constant moaning is just that - constant moaning.

Fortunately JRM and the ERG saved the nation from Treasonous Theresa's remaining BRINO. We thank the increased majority for the GE Tory landslide for giving Boris and Dominic the tools to ensure we will Leave and transition without major damage.

Will these current ads ever match the losers bus fixation? Nah, not snappy and direct enough for Remainers to comprehend while they are still wallowing in bitterness.

EU are not walking anywhere, other than home empty handed. David Frost is giving them nothing and Barnier is only close to being given the boot by his EU masters. 

He thinks everyone is a travelling salesman that flies BA!

• Haha 2

since it is Saturday;

remember PM TM and her moves to the tune of ABBA's Dancing Queen during a meeting in Brussels?

in Europe we now have the UK PM and his ministers not happy with EU and more comfortable outside

we know how fun they are

here is another Eoropean PM with her ministers also comfortable outside the EU;

somewhat different from UK peers

(the PM is the real large one)

https://www.abcnyheter.no/helse-og-livsstil/livet/2020/07/18/195690716/siv-jensen-om-skjebnevalget-jeg-har-ikke-angret-et-sekund

the lass in the kayak is the previous minister of finance,

scroll down a bit and a video with front page with a start button should appear

and current PM with all the ministers should appear

Edited by melvinmelvin
add

36 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

since it is Saturday;

remember PM TM and her moves to the tune of ABBA's Dancing Queen during a meeting in Brussels?

in Europe we now have the UK PM and his ministers not happy with EU and more comfortable outside

we know how fun they are

here is another Eoropean PM with her ministers also comfortable outside the EU;

somewhat different from UK peers

(the PM is the real large one)

https://www.abcnyheter.no/helse-og-livsstil/livet/2020/07/18/195690716/siv-jensen-om-skjebnevalget-jeg-har-ikke-angret-et-sekund

the lass in the kayak is the previous minister of finance,

scroll down a bit and a video with front page with a start button should appear

and current PM with all the ministers should appear

Off topic but the collective dance timing was better than May's. Yes your Erna certainly stands out.

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I actually asked for facts to show how we will be better off after Brexit; which you have yet again failed to provide!

However......

Not denying that, never have: fact.

It showed that 53% of voters wanted a say on the final terms of our exit: fact.

Up until the final deal between the UK and EU is signed, it is still reversible if the 27 members unanimously agree: fact.

No, we want the wishes of at least 53% of voters granted, a say on the final deal: fact.

Brexiteers want to deny that wish because you are scared of the result; fact.

Tools? Tools of whom? I repeat, the wish of at least 53% of voters is to have a final say on the deal: fact.

What has Islamic terrorism got to do with this topic? 

However, to indulge you; I did not say that they are not Muslims. What I have said many times is that Islamic terrorists neither represent nor are supported by the overwhelming majority of Muslims: fact.

This is proven by the decades of condemnation of the terrorists coming from countless Muslim political, religious and community leaders and representatives worldwide, as well as that from individual Muslims on social media etc.: fact.

Yes, they are Muslims, just as the IRA are Catholics, and I have never denied it; fact.

Not a lot of point as experience has shown that you are incapable of ever providing evidence to back up your claims and accusations; fact.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1