UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

People can read the discussion for themselves and come to their own conclusions about what you meant and why you refused to answer a simple question. 

I hope they do. Your simple question was not answered because I knew it would urinate (thanks Melvin) you off. I am allowed not to answer but like I said, I know what the answer is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bannork said:

30 bob was worth 75 baht the day before Brexit, now it's less than 60.

the rate isn't too bad, considering brexit and all

just wait and 1 guinea will give you just a baht

6 hours ago, bannork said:

30 bob was worth 75 baht the day before Brexit, now it's less than 60.

So how come it seems to be only the Pound that's affected in the eyes of the <deleted>. What about other countries?

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

I hope they do. Your simple question was not answered because I knew it would urinate (thanks Melvin) you off. I am allowed not to answer but like I said, I know what the answer is.

You could not answer because you knew you had been caught out.

End of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So how come it seems to be only the Pound that's affected in the eyes of the <deleted>. What about other countries?

Ivor, we're talking about bob our old mate from way back. remember, 10 bob notes and all that? You could do a lot with 10 bob back then. Buy the latest single by The Beatles/ Stones/Who for 7/6 and still have half a crown for some very nice chocolate or a packet of fags if you wuz a naughty lad.

My point is bob is, or rather was, English, nuffin to do with other countries. Shame he's expired, I miss him sometimes.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, bannork said:

Try saying that to all the 'just in time' refrigerated truck owners and drivers queued up in the lorry parks waiting to pass customs.

I don't need to tell them, they already know that they have up to 17 days of refrigerant available. Or just ship from New Zealand instead, refrigerated for 39 days. 

52 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I'm quite capable of it, just not going to waste my time explaining to you and your entrenched position.

Also not going to join your "changed their mind" nonsense either. Their one democratic chance was on 23rd June 2016. You don't get a say on the final deal, or an opportunity for more tricks.

Yes, and like all Remainers, you try to overturn democracy when you don't agree with the majority.

Suck it up sunshine and leave it to the winners. 

Absolutely. That's the trouble with perennial losers. They never won, so they never know how little the winners care about their stale whinging 4 years later.

They don't admit that if they had won they'd be laughing at us as we now laugh at them. 

They don't realise the lols I feel every time we hear the stale old arguments trying to argue why a democratic vote doesn't count, this time.

The Scots indyref guys must be doubly bitter. Still, a generation isn't that long. It'll fly by ???? xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

I'm quite capable of it, just not going to waste my time explaining to you and your entrenched position.

Also not going to join your "changed their mind" nonsense either. Their one democratic chance was on 23rd June 2016. You don't get a say on the final deal, or an opportunity for more tricks.

Yes, and like all Remainers, you try to overturn democracy when you don't agree with the majority.

Suck it up sunshine and leave it to the winners. 

Another Brexiteer who obviously cannot answer questions and provide evidence to support your case. All you can do is repeat the same mindless slogans over and over; with a few insults thrown in occasionally!

You are also another Brexiteer who believes that people should not have the democratic right to change their minds.

In December 53% of voters said that they wanted a referendum on the final deal; but that doesn't mean that they would all, or even a majority of them would, vote against the deal and to reverse Brexit! If you are so sure that the majority actually here in the UK are on your side; what have you got to fear from a referendum on the deal?

We all know, at least those of us actually here in the UK know, why Cummings and his puppet don't want one; given the balls up they've made so far, despite those cringe worthy TYV ads, 

they're afraid they'll lose! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt; which I now see was a mistake.

You are in no position to criticise the grammar of others! 

@Rookiescot gave the main example in his post above

When it was pointed out that the veto would prevent this, you brought in the Lisbon Treaty in an attempt to show that there is no veto.

Of course, when you were proven wrong, you then started to wriggle and squirm and deny that is what you meant!

Open minded? It appears not when you still deny that those links prove you wrong!

Any examples or evidence to support that statement?

Oh, I forgot, you refuse to do things like that, instead you prefer 

Funny how many Brexiteers here 'know the answer' but refuse to post it!

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt; which I now see was a mistake. No doubt.

You are in no position to criticise the grammar of others! You started that one.

@Rookiescot gave the main example in his post above You all seem to think that there is one veto to fit all - there isn't.

When it was pointed out that the veto would prevent this, you brought in the Lisbon Treaty in an attempt to show that there is no veto. As I explained in another post there have numerous vetoes for different purposes.

Of course, when you were proven wrong, you then started to wriggle and squirm and deny that is what you meant! You have not proven me wrong. You are the expert squirmer.

Open minded? It appears not when you still deny that those links prove you wrong! Ditto as above.

Any examples or evidence to support that statement? Ted Heath.

Oh, I forgot, you refuse to do things like that, instead you prefer. Ted Heath.

Funny how many Brexiteers here 'know the answer' but refuse to post it! Rookiescot didn't think so.

Bye....

Edited by nauseus
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Accept the referendum and the election result you whiners. You lost both times. Move on. Thread closed.

There's no chance of them accepting that they lost, so they'll simply keep on moaning and whining about it. How long before Rewhiner becomes a banned word here too?

They won't move on and TVF won't close the thread, at least until they can find a new anti-Brexit Reuters release. The MSM vitriol is much reduced these days, as they don't like the way the negotiations are going.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:28 PM, 7by7 said:

No, the £350 million a week lie pasted all over Boris's bus. That lie.

apologies,it was so long ago i didn,t remember the exact amount,but there again i am not so obsessed with an election that i cannot accept the democratic result of.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt; which I now see was a mistake. No doubt.

You are in no position to criticise the grammar of others! You started that one.

@Rookiescot gave the main example in his post above You all seem to think that there is one veto to fit all - there isn't.

When it was pointed out that the veto would prevent this, you brought in the Lisbon Treaty in an attempt to show that there is no veto. As I explained in another post there have numerous vetoes for different purposes.

Of course, when you were proven wrong, you then started to wriggle and squirm and deny that is what you meant! You have not proven me wrong. You are the expert squirmer.

Open minded? It appears not when you still deny that those links prove you wrong! Ditto as above.

Any examples or evidence to support that statement? Ted Heath.

Oh, I forgot, you refuse to do things like that, instead you prefer. Ted Heath.

Funny how many Brexiteers here 'know the answer' but refuse to post it! Rookiescot didn't think so.

Bye....

Two parts of that prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

"You all seem to think that there is one veto to fit all - there isn't."  and "As I explained in another post there have numerous vetoes for different purposes."

Yes, there are various variations on vetoes, who can use one and for what purpose. But all vetoes are the power to to unilaterally stop an official action, especially the enactment of legislation. In the EU, vetoes are absolute which means in those policy areas unanimity is always required. 

For the more common examples see. Unanimity.

I have no idea how 'Ted Heath' serves as evidence to support the statement "The lies and myths about EEC/EU treaties involving the UK started 50 years ago." He may have been PM when we joined, but Wilson was PM in 1975. I'd ask you for some real examples, but I know you can't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Give us some of those slogans then - or can't you do it because there are none?

I refer you to most of your posts and those of your fellow travellers.

Aw, don't you like the odd insult thrown back your way occasionally?

It's more than occasionally, as you well know. but it doesn't bother me anyway near as much as it bothers you and your fellow travellers when you receive a taste of your own medicine. 

You can change your minds as much and as often as you like dear. Doesn't mean we have to change our course of action though. The rest of the country is still on course for the democratic decision of the referendum to leave the EU. You had your chance and lost.

In a democracy the people have the right to change their mind. You and your fellow travellers blather on and on about democracy, except when, as last December, the majority want something you don't!

You tried all the stalling tactics and dirty tricks and failed there too.  

It was Johnson and Rees-Mogg together with the ERG who prevented the UK leaving on schedule. As it is now obvious that the best deal we can hope for is May's deal MkII, and they knew it at the time. We now all know the reason for the delay had nothing to do with what is best for the country, and all to do with what is best for Johnson and his cohorts. Not to mention his puppet master, of course.

Sit back and enjoy the new ads - they could replace the big red bus adverts for your watching pleasure. I wonder if Dominic commissioned them personally, cos he's playing a blinder?

Unlike the bus, these ads do not contain any outright lies. But were you able to see them you would know they don't contain anything of substance, either.

In what way is Cummings playing a blinder? The whole reason for this thread, and others, is that the EU are walking all over him! He wants May MkII, but the EU wont give it to him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

wow

when I am done with my somewhat unnormal shopping in BKK I quite enjoy

an hour or two and some nips in a bar before heading home

it seems I and Brits pick the same kind of bars

hence, am quite used to let Britain be great again rambling

but smth like 7*7 I haven't come across

guess the bar scene would be more lively with fellas like that around

maybe  smth TAT should look into, how to liven up bar scenes - ie make 'em more tourist friendly

3 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

wow

when I am done with my somewhat unnormal shopping in BKK I quite enjoy

an hour or two and some nips in a bar before heading home

it seems I and Brits pick the same kind of bars

hence, am quite used to let Britain be great again rambling

but smth like 7*7 I haven't come across

guess the bar scene would be more lively with fellas like that around

maybe  smth TAT should look into, how to liven up bar scenes - ie make 'em more tourist friendly

I think you would find the bar soon emptying melvin.????

• Haha 2