UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So what did Cummings' Vote.Leave and the other Leave campaigns promise you were the advantages of Brexit?

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Vote.Leave and the other Leave campaigns prom

No idea. I didn't care what they said.  I didn't care for the remainers and EU project fear cobblers either. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The 53% of voters last December who said they wanted a say on the final deal; that's what I'm talking about.

Yes, a majority of 80. 

However, the vagaries of our first past the post system meant that despite polling only 43.6% of the vote, the Tories won 56% of the seats;  hence their majority of 80.

The people's vote lost.

Even so concern over many matters among Tory backbenchers, notably Cummings influence and the handling of the pandemic and Brexit negotiations, means that majority may soon disappear.

Nobody voted for a say on the final deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tebee said:

But our politicians are representatives not delegates i.e. they are empowered to take what decisions they see fit   and intreruperet that mandate anyway they see fit.

They also have a duty to do what is best for their constituents.  

Boris and Cummings may have played a blinder, but they're the dog that caught the car.

whos intreruperet ?

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Can you enlighten us as to why the whip was removed?

Oh no wait. You dont answer questions do you?

You dont post links to back up your baseless assertions and like all the other Brexiteers you cant handle facts.

what are you on about?if you must go out in the midday sun try wearing a hat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tebee said:

But our politicians are representatives not delegates i.e. they are empowered to take what decisions they see fit   and intreruperet that mandate anyway they see fit.

They also have a duty to do what is best for their constituents.  

Boris and Cummings may have played a blinder, but they're the dog that caught the car.

The reigning politicians have done what is best for their constituents, those that didn't got voted out, Tories winning in the northern heartlands of Labour is totally unprecidented, our citizens were not fobbed off, their voices were heard and that my friend is democracy. Just because you don't like the result, that doesn't make it undemocratic. 

But but but Cummings, lets not forget without Cumming that Boris may not have achieved the democratic result that the country desperately needed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

The reigning politicians have done what is best for their constituents, those that didn't got voted out, Tories winning in the northern heartlands of Labour is totally unprecidented, our citizens were not fobbed off, their voices were heard and that my friend is democracy. Just because you don't like the result, that doesn't make it undemocratic. 

But but but Cummings, lets not forget without Cumming that Boris may not have achieved the democratic result that the country desperately needed. 

Then what is the problem with asking the people if this version of Brexit is what they want?

Thats democracy.

Ah of course. People might not vote for it and you wont like that result.

The people have spoken. Now they must never be allowed to speak about it again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You, @Loiner and others have repeatedly refused to answer this simple question.

It is you who are struggling.

????......You most definitely are struggling, you have for over 4 years been blustering your stuff here and got absolutely nowhere. You lost, the voting populace won......????

For me the one benefit I wanted was to get the UK out of the clutches of the Eurocrats, I got my wish.

As for any other benefits that may or may not happen, well that is for the future to see, not you, not me, to speculate on.

A new beginning for the UK without being told what to do by folk with different attitudes....

You remind me of Corbyns brother Piers, and that's a compliment....????

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Reminds me of another adage.

How do you recognise a Brexiteer in a bar?

You don't. He will tell you.

How do you recognise a remainer in a bar, it's the ones with tears falling into their beer.....????............????

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The 53% of voters last December who said they wanted a say on the final deal; that's what I'm talking about.

Yes, a majority of 80. 

However, the vagaries of our first past the post system meant that despite polling only 43.6% of the vote, the Tories won 56% of the seats;  hence their majority of 80.

The people's vote lost.

Even so concern over many matters among Tory backbenchers, notably Cummings influence and the handling of the pandemic and Brexit negotiations, means that majority may soon disappear.

"Yes, a majority of 80, however...........................".

More 'twisting' assumptions.

So now you use C19, I wonder what else you will dig up that will still leave you crying in your beer.......Quite funny really, 49.....????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1