UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

24 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The people appear to think that Starmer would be a better PM than Bojo, and of course you would agree that, like brexit, the people can get it wrong.

Really, are you going to post a link for that from a non lefty rag....????

23 minutes ago, izod10 said:

The UK now is in the Cusp of Glory...EU is banished for good, Bulgaria replaces the UK at its helm, no fishing...BLM and all that <deleted> kicked into touch,...GDP starting to improve this very morn  AH!    Kellogs corn flakes and fresh milk beckon/bacon butty      All is well with the world

You are happy about our government taking backhanders to help out their close friends and benefactors? No wonder the UK is the laughing stock of the world if our people can be so happy to be screwed by the governments they elect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Nothing funny about our corrupt prime minister and his corrupt cabinet. What is sadder (because Tories are always going to be corrupt) are people such as yourself who are willing to turn a blind eye to it. The UK deserves to have a better government and a higher quality of uninformed voter. 

Ah. Accusing one political party as 'always corrupt' naive little poster, someone whose an ' uninformed voter'

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

It really shouldn't be too technically challenging for you to separate my reply to you, from my reply to Vogie, which is irrelevant to your post. 

This comes under misrepresenting another members posts, please try a little harder.

Aaaaah, the "I understand stuff better than you ploy", well, chummy, folk who post that sort of stuff are usually in a corner. ????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

No I didn't notice that, in fact none of the many many commentators on PMQs have done. Most remark on the forensic precision. of Starmer, and the inadequate blustering of Boris. You appear to be living in an alternative universe.

In what crazy world does anyone equate Democracy - a system of representation established around the world for centuries - with Boris Johnson's face, please get a grip.

It appears that you consider yourself to be a "Nice guy" and as such pass judgement on other TV posters, unwise to say the least.

The idea that BLM has any links whatsoever with Anti- semitism is absurd, and completely ill informed. BLM is a movement that is fighting against racial discrimination on the grounds of colour. Various other movements have tried to exploit the BLM by claiming they are part of it, this is pretty unpleasant IMO. 

Please supply a link that justifies the malign phrase "the BLM cause that promotes anti-semitism". 

It wasn't me that brought up the subject of my profile image, I was responding in kind to a pretty pathetic attempt to ridicule our democratically elected leader of the United Kingdom. When posters have to bring a profile picture into a discussion, they don't have anything of value to say, and when posters have to patronise other posters in nearly every one of their posts, they too might be replied to in kind.

I too do not have a clue of who you are responding to, multi-tasking is not for everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Nothing funny about our corrupt prime minister and his corrupt cabinet. What is sadder (because Tories are always going to be corrupt) are people such as yourself who are willing to turn a blind eye to it. The UK deserves to have a better government and a higher quality of uninformed voter. 

Laugh a minute.....????.......

So tell me, where is your better Government coming from....?

Just now, RuamRudy said:

It is going to come when we finally grow up and reject the behaviour that we have turned a blind eye to for decades. That the behaviour of Johnson and Jenrick is unacceptable is as plain as the nose on your face, yet we allow the government to decide that the matter is closed and we move on.

We have always had a tendency to tug the forelock and know our place, but do you really want that for your grandchildren too? Do you really want them to be fleeced just as we have been?

Aaaaah, you sound like a statue removal bloke who also has no answers, just finger points.

Grandchildren, your young fleeced are a population of young junkies, the UK streets are flowing with dope and you are worrying about them being fleeced...

Sooooo, funny.....????

Now tell me, where is your perfect Government coming from..?

• Like 2

This is the man Brexiteers put in charge of the UK.

This is the man you charged with dealing with any crisis that the UK faced. Corona virus for example. This is why the UK's performance during the Corona crisis was so woeful. 

3184.jpg

1 minute ago, transam said:

Aaaaah, you sound like a statue removal bloke who also has no answers, just finger points.

Grandchildren, your young fleeced are a population of young junkies, the UK streets are flowing with dope and you are worrying about them being fleeced...

Sooooo, funny.....????

Now tell me, where is your perfect Government coming from..?

I am sure that you aren't so naive as to think that there is a switch that you can flick which will take us from our current, broken model of governance to one of scrupulous accountability. However if we stop enabling the entitled and corrupt behaviour of the likes of Johnson; if we stop turning a blind eye to your and my taxes being funneled into their friends' pockets; if we start supporting the efforts of those who try to redress these actions, we might start to see improvements in public office. As it is, we are akin to a banana republic where the leadership does as it please with impunity, and cheered on by a witless mass who think that they are all one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am sure that you aren't so naive as to think that there is a switch that you can flick which will take us from our current, broken model of governance to one of scrupulous accountability. However if we stop enabling the entitled and corrupt behaviour of the likes of Johnson; if we stop turning a blind eye to your and my taxes being funneled into their friends' pockets; if we start supporting the efforts of those who try to redress these actions, we might start to see improvements in public office. As it is, we are akin to a banana republic where the leadership does as it please with impunity, and cheered on by a witless mass who think that they are all one. 

Matey, you are living in a lonesome world of your own, you cannot even answer my question about where your perfect government is coming from. You forget the populace vote in a gov, not you and your ideology, that you haven't a clue where or how to get it...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I just told you. It really isn't that complicated. Try reading it again, but slower. 

Being against naked corruption at the very heart of government is an ideology? Good god, the sooner we get out of this disastrous UK with its supine, sheeplike people leading us into further penury, the better. 

The voice of Lefty-ism, or is it another -ism......????

You still haven't answered my question where your perfect gov is coming from, now please make an effort, so we can clear things up. If you say China or Russia, or even Iran, it will point me in the direction of your "fix"..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

Ah. Accusing one political party as 'always corrupt' naive little poster, someone whose an ' uninformed voter'

Describing another TV member as a "Naive little poster" is pompous, condescending, shallow and obnoxious behaviour. Personal attacks should not be part of an adult discussion. Incidentally said poster could well be twice the size that you are for all I, and probably you know. 

There is some corruption in all political parties of course, the Tories just set a standard of corruption, particularly in lining their own pockets at the expense of the tax payer, that, according to everything I read, no one else has even remotely been able to match.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, transam said:

The voice of Lefty-ism, or is it another -ism......????

You tell me. What is so objectionable about wanting and expecting probity and accountability in our elected representatives?

28 minutes ago, transam said:

You still haven't answered my question where your perfect gov is coming from, now please make an effort, so we can clear things up. 

I have answered it. You may not have understood it, but that is more with you than with me. 

30 minutes ago, transam said:

If you say China or Russia, or even Iran, it will point me in the direction of your "fix"..

Why would i point to other corrupt regimes?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Describing another TV member as a "Naive little poster" is pompous, condescending, shallow and obnoxious behaviour. Personal attacks should not be part of an adult discussion. Incidentally said poster could well be twice the size that you are for all I, and probably you know. 

There is some corruption in all political parties of course, the Tories just set a standard of corruption, particularly in lining their own pockets at the expense of the tax payer, that, according to everything I read, no one else has even remotely been able to match.

First para....Pot-kettle.

Second para...

Just assumptions on your part that Labour aren't as money grabbing as the Tories....

Dear oh dear, so why do Labour MP's charge horrendous amounts of cash to listen to their thoughts at seminars, why is that, Ken Livingstone, Tony Blair comes to mind...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You tell me. What is so objectionable about wanting and expecting probity and accountability in our elected representatives?

I have answered it. You may not have understood it, but that is more with you than with me. 

Why would i point to other corrupt regimes?

So which country, in your opinion has got it right....There must be one out of the 195...?

8 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I think that statement should be refervsed...it's the EU wanting this and that..

The EU is reluctant to pay for the cake the UK both wants to have and eat

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Just Google Starmer more popular than Johnson, here is just a brief starter for papers etc that have said that. 

independent,  Standard,  Metro,  The Sun,  Daily Mail,  YouGov,  Newsbreak, Mirror. If you think the Sun and the Daily Mail are lefty rags then your politics must be somewhere to the right of Attilla the Hun

You have now used Pot-kettle in 3 of your posts on the same thread, could you attempt  being less monotonous, or tiresome as you would say..... Yawn.

So you quote newspaper columnists thoughts...????

And are these thoughts regarding C19 or Brexit.....?    ????

Pot-Kettle, I am sure you know what it means, to keep myself out of trouble with staff I use the term to point you into the direction of you posting similar stuff...Hope you can understand that....????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

The people appear to think that Starmer would be a better PM than Bojo, and of course you would agree that, like brexit, the people can get it wrong.

Latest UK Voting Intention (18 June)
Compared to last week, Boris Johnson still maintains a 12% lead over Keir Starmer in a straight contest as to whom respondents would prefer as Prime Minister.[1]

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies....ntion-18-june/

• Like 2