UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

13 minutes ago, bannork said:

I was under the impression this website was called Thai Visa and primarily consisted of people connected to Thailand.

Now if you're saying Sharon from Sheffield and George from Guildford are regular contributors then I must change my tune.

Website may be Thai centric, but the topic is Brexit therefore anything to do with Thai Baht is inconsequential. What ever tune you whistle Sharon and George are not interested.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Website may be Thai centric, but the topic is Brexit therefore anything to do with Thai Baht is inconsequential. What ever tune you whistle Sharon and George are not interested.

The tanking of sterling vs baht since brexit not consequential enough for you? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, samran said:

The tanking of sterling vs baht since brexit not consequential enough for you? 

Yep, all inconsequential to the benefits of Brexit to the UK.
For some in Thailand, just another whingefest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, samran said:

This thread on THAI visa your mean? 

This BREXIT thread. Why would that concern an Oztralyan who says they would benefit from Brexit? Are you existing in Thailand on a GBP pension or just here for the argument?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Loiner said:

This BREXIT thread. Why would that concern an Oztralyan who says they would benefit from Brexit? Are you existing in Thailand on a GBP pension or just here for the argument?

Ill be getting a full GBP pension at some point. Bless the british tax payer. 

as for what I’m here for, its cause I can...

ed: you spelled gods country incorrectly. There’s a good chap. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Oh Fritzy.

Are they still pulling out the trade deficit numbers to show why the EU needs the UK more? ???? 

9 minutes ago, samran said:

This is a great Brexit thread - a totally off piste Spacearyan  and an ex-earls court barman, both arguing from the sides about something. Nobody's quite sure what about, but still arguing.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, samran said:

Ill be getting a full GBP pension at some point. Bless the british tax payer. 

ed: you spelled god country incorrectly. There’s a good chap. 

You must have been 'the British taxpayer' to have achieved this, which is all the more surprising given you never have anything good to say about UK, & dare I wonder if you're leaving the plight of the consortium fighting for that pension to everyone else too? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

This is a great Brexit thread - a totally off piste Spacearyan  and an ex-earls court barman, both arguing from the sides about something. Nobody's quite sure what about, but still arguing.

I think I’ve been to earls court once. I lived in Canary wharf. 

That will be all, Jeeves. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

So now we get down it, a handful of expats in Thailand are persistently slating Boris on Tvisa, because he has the audacity to take on the EU fighting for a good deal for the UK, fired up because via the exchange rate Boris has inadvertently cut their disposable income in Thailand. A consequence of little or no concern for the vast majority of the British electorate

paradoxically a lot of these " handfull of ex pats " could be forced to leave los with their wordly goods in a carrier bag back to blighty and expecting the state to look after them.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Who are you to speak for Sharon and George? They may be planning a longed for holiday on a Thai beach before too long, George may even be sending money to his honey in LOS. 

Now he'll have to work even harder ( presuming he has a job, because of the pound's decline.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Forget the bhat, as despite this being Thai Visa, it is clear that some of you care sod all about people living here. For those who don't live here (Not you geo necessarily)  I am puzzled why you bother, you could try the Breibart/Cummings forum, or something similar where they will love every word you write. 

The issue is a general currency point anyway

"The British Pound plumbed a fresh three-month low against the Euro and a one-month low against the U.S. Dollar as investors withdrew capital from a country facing the dual prospects of a slow economic rebound from the coronacrisis and sub-par Brexit trade deal at year-end. 

While UK deaths and infections from covid-19 continue to fall, the pace of the economic recovery looks set to be slower than that in other developed markets, with the European Council's latest Economic Sentiment Indicator showing the country's rebound lags that of its European peers. Meanwhile, there are concerns that fiscal and monetary policy support to the crisis in the UK also lags that of the measures taken in the Eurozone and U.S., which could make the UK economy a laggard over coming months." 

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/13582-pound-to-euro-and-dollar-brexit-negotiations-restart

I would be grateful if I were you that you think your food costs much the same, I doubt it will last. 

What ever else you can say about it, it is obvious to all the serious money men that economically at very least, Brexit is a crock of (Deleted). You can tie pink bows round it, and cover it with perfume, you can delude yourselves as much as you like, you can pretend that everything will be wonderful, please go ahead. The bottom line is we will all have to pay for this mind numbing idiocy one day. Enjoy the fading rays of evening sunshine, and pretend that it's a bright new day starting instead. I no longer care, but it doesn't take a genius to see that it will be a long, long night. 

lets see what the" serious money men " do when the eu tears itself apart.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bannork said:

Who are you to speak for Sharon and George? They may be planning a longed for holiday on a Thai beach before too long, George may even be sending money to his honey in LOS. 

Now he'll have to work even harder ( presuming he has a job, because of the pound's decline.

I’m happy to speak for George and Sharon because you were not, you were all about yourself. If they are ‘quality tourists’ it’s still up to them if they spend in Thailand or the UK. The low budgets, may have to go to Benidorm. 

The other George could find it’s a case of less money - no more honey. Unless there’s a slim chance of honey finding an additional income stream?

Either way, inconsequential for UKs Brexit. 

36 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

you could try the Breibart/Cummings forum, or something similar where they will love every word you write. 

it is obvious to all the serious money men that economically at very least, Brexit is a crock of (Deleted). 

I’m just here to help you understand, rather than preach to the converted. 

If thats a problem, maybe you could disappear off up your own safe space. Why not try some Cancelling?

Have you now aligned yourself with the serous money men?  That’s not very SNP. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

You must have been 'the British taxpayer' to have achieved this, which is all the more surprising given you never have anything good to say about UK, & dare I wonder if you're leaving the plight of the consortium fighting for that pension to everyone else too? 

I’m not knocking the UK. I rather like the place. I had residency there but that has long gone.

I knock policies. But I’m not so parochial like you blokes that you can’t separate a policy critique from a insult on your country. 

As for being a tax payer, yes once upon a time. Then I left and discovered class 3 NI contributions. If you know what they are then you’ll understand my thanking the British tax payer. 

As for the pensions consortium- yes, what the UK government has done is a travesty. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 2