UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

As I mentioned before England's owners of the fishing industry have already sold over 50% of the quotas  off to EU fishing industries. Fishing was marginal in the 90s so we did our usual cut and run. The industries we sold to took a longer term view. No way will we get these quotas back. The money is tiny compared to financial services, prepare for a sell out. 

thank you for the wider view of the ""fishing"" tiny money, some have hard time open their minds to see a wider picture

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I never said that the UK wouldn't allow access for the EU to access UK UK territorial waters, what I have said the Uk wouldn't allow status quo access which is what the EU is currently demanding

I think you will find that Norway currently allows EU access to their fishing grounds as Norway has a requirement to access UK fishing grounds something that will have to be renegotiated between Norway and the UK

New talks on fish and seafood between Norway and the UK

https://norwaytoday.info/finance/new-talks-on-fish-and-seafood-between-norway-and-the-uk/

Is this the UK's governments attempt to save face? No we dont let the EU fish our waters but any vessel registered in Norway can fish as much as they want?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I never said that the UK wouldn't allow access for the EU to access UK UK territorial waters, what I have said the Uk wouldn't allow status quo access which is what the EU is currently demanding

I think you will find that Norway currently allows EU access to their fishing grounds as Norway has a requirement to access UK fishing grounds something that will have to be renegotiated between Norway and the UK

New talks on fish and seafood between Norway and the UK

https://norwaytoday.info/finance/new-talks-on-fish-and-seafood-between-norway-and-the-uk/

and what that has to do with the EU, Norway is not a EU member.... deals between Norway and the EU are not UK's business, you have been claiming the UK will not do this and that and never for a split of second did you stop and look at a wider view of the ALL process, so damn concerned about the little money involved with the fishing that you didn't see ahead where the big bucks are

Is Norway a member of the EU?

Image courtesy of slideshare.net

slideshare.net

• Although geographically part of Europe, Norway is not an EU member.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Then you were miss led mate. This was always going to happen when you are a small nation arguing with a far larger entity.

Wait till the negotiations with places like China, USA and India start.

and i think jimmee krankee misled the scots about independence,you,d have been a little bit of pondlife in a big ocean.as for your last point the countries you mention will be wanting access to our markets and it,ll be far easier to deal with one country than 27.

Edited by kingdong

19 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and all you can do is to provide a link for the express.... laughable, pity my friend, please let me breathe 

if you want TVF members to have a laugh lets see who are the partners in the The Conversation your post #314 where you provide a link

• Founding Partners

Without the support of Founding Partners The Conversation would not have started. So it’s hats off to University of Aberdeen, University of Birmingham, University of Bradford, University of Bristol, Cardiff University, City, University of London, Durham University, Glasgow Caledonian University, Lancaster University, University of Leeds, University of Liverpool, University of Nottingham, The Open University, Queen's University Belfast, University of Salford, University of Sheffield, University of Surrey, University College London, and University of Warwick who saw the value of helping us develop a new independent information channel that would also showcase the talent and knowledge of the university and research sector.

• https://theconversation.com/uk/partners

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

if you want TVF members to have a laugh lets see who are the partners in the The Conversation your post #314 where you provide a link

• Founding Partners

Without the support of Founding Partners The Conversation would not have started. So it’s hats off to University of Aberdeen, University of Birmingham, University of Bradford, University of Bristol, Cardiff University, City, University of London, Durham University, Glasgow Caledonian University, Lancaster University, University of Leeds, University of Liverpool, University of Nottingham, The Open University, Queen's University Belfast, University of Salford, University of Sheffield, University of Surrey, University College London, and University of Warwick who saw the value of helping us develop a new independent information channel that would also showcase the talent and knowledge of the university and research sector.

• https://theconversation.com/uk/partners

make your point then.... did you understand the post, read again, here it is, the link is outdated but making a point about fish not having political boundaries, maybe it's too much for you to understand, my mistake,  gave you to much credit

POST $314

giving you a little outdated but always helpful information ....

https://theconversation.com/fact-check-is-80-of-uk-fish-given-away-to-the-rest-of-europe-39966

So despite the UK having quite extensive waters, fish stocks do not respect political boundaries, and many are mobile at some stage in their life: these fish are exclusive to neither the UK, the EU, nor the bordering Scandinavian states, but are a shared resource. It would be a major undertaking to establish exactly which proportions of each fish stock would occupy any national waters. These are also likely to change throughout the year, and from year to year. The CFP was designed to manage the mobile fishing fleets that pursue these common, mobile resources.

Edited by Mavideol

4 hours ago, Opl said:

While Johnson - in favor of a no-deal (AKA "Australia terms") bets on both the collapse of the EU and the revitalization of Global Britain boosted by coronavirus, and yes "Status Quo" is the best negociation tactic (in addition to blaming the French) of course!

The EU is since years preparing for a no-deal...too.       

i wish all these remainers would stop mentioning status quo,rick parfitts not been dead long,let francis rossi grieve in peace.

10 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and what that has to do with the EU, Norway is not a EU member.... deals between Norway and the EU are not UK's business, you have been claiming the UK will not do this and that and never for a split of second did you stop and look at a wider view of the ALL process, so damn concerned about the little money involved with the fishing that you didn't see ahead where the big bucks are

Is Norway a member of the EU?

Image courtesy of slideshare.net

slideshare.net

• Although geographically part of Europe, Norway is not an EU member.

Deals between Norway and the UK are the UK business, Norway wil want access to the UK fishing grounds next year which they currently get access through the EU

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Is this the UK's governments attempt to save face? No we dont let the EU fish our waters but any vessel registered in Norway can fish as much as they want?

I don't recall stating that or are you making things up again like you did when you said there an agreement in place regarding fishing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Deals between Norway and the UK are the UK business, Norway wil want access to the UK fishing grounds next year which they currently get access through the EU

nice of the eu to grant our fishing rights to a non member,and they wonder why the power of the people prevailed,you couldn,t make it up.

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

make your point then.... did you understand the post, read again, here it is, the link is outdated but making a point about fish not having political boundaries, maybe it's too much for you to understand, my mistake,  gave you to much credit

POST $314

giving you a little outdated but always helpful information ....

https://theconversation.com/fact-check-is-80-of-uk-fish-given-away-to-the-rest-of-europe-39966

So despite the UK having quite extensive waters, fish stocks do not respect political boundaries, and many are mobile at some stage in their life: these fish are exclusive to neither the UK, the EU, nor the bordering Scandinavian states, but are a shared resource. It would be a major undertaking to establish exactly which proportions of each fish stock would occupy any national waters. These are also likely to change throughout the year, and from year to year. The CFP was designed to manage the mobile fishing fleets that pursue these common, mobile resources.

There problem solved the French will have to wait for the fish to swim into EU waters 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I don't recall stating that or are you making things up again like you did when you said there an agreement in place regarding fishing

Are you still denying the fishermen are going to be sold out?

Really?

Just now, vinny41 said:

There problem solved the French will have to wait for the fish to swim into EU waters 

good lord mate, finally you relaxed and understood 555

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Remember we voted to remain in the EU.

This is Scotlands territorial fishing waters.

Kind of makes Englands look kinda teeny weeny dont it. 

image-20160630-30632-1xcqzhq.jpg

and the north sea oil fields,oh i forgot all cars are going electric to save the planet,thats what scotland and thailand have in common,they both think they,re a hot commodity,thailand with its tourist industry( which they,re losing ) and scotland .with its?

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

and the north sea oil fields,oh i forgot all cars are going electric to save the planet,thats what scotland and thailand have in common,they both think they,re a hot commodity,thailand with its tourist industry( which they,re losing ) and scotland .with its?

We are talking about fish.

But since you bring it up yes it does look like Engerlunds share of oil is teeny weeny dont it.

Where do you think plastic comes from BTW? So even if everyone on the planet is driving an electric car (which still needs oil btw) half that car is made of ........oh yeah. Plastic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

When I first read the head line I naturally assumed that "Australian Terms" meant that Great Britain would now start sending all of it's criminals to Europe...

Edited by Catkiwi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kingdong said:

North sea crude was never really used for petrol - its API makes it much more valuable than simply using it as a fuel.  

• Like 2

On 6/28/2020 at 7:42 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

No doubt the anti democrats on here will be shouting for an extension for another 20 years, as they just can't accept democracy and how it works.

Read MindF*ck by Chris Wylie. How Cambridge Analytica skewed the Brexit vote.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

As I mentioned before England's owners of the fishing industry have already sold over 50% of the quotas  off to EU fishing industries. Fishing was marginal in the 90s so we did our usual cut and run. The industries we sold to took a longer term view. No way will we get these quotas back. The money is tiny compared to financial services, prepare for a sell out. 

We all know,yes we do  there will be major riots in france and Spain especially once fishing is finished...good

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Remember we voted to remain in the EU.

This is Scotlands territorial fishing waters.

Kind of makes Englands look kinda teeny weeny dont it. 

image-20160630-30632-1xcqzhq.jpg

????

That is why they denie scotts a independance referendum because changed situation since the former one ....e.g. leaving the E.U. against their wish ,

the Englanders control would shrink too much..

????????????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2