Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

webfact

Permit for passenger aircraft will be given by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand for flying over, flying into or out of,  and taking  off or landing at an international airport in the Kingdom only if the passengers or persons on board are one of the following categories:

(1) Thai nationals

(2) Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister,or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving  state  of  emergency  issues to  enter  the  Kingdom,  as  necessary. Such consideration, permission  or  invitation  may  be  subject  to  specified conditions and time limits.

(3) Non-Thai nationals who are a spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national.

(4) Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of residence, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom

(5) Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid work permit or are allowed to work in the Kingdom, including their spouse or children.

(6) Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion.

(7) Crew members who are required to travel into the Kingdom on a mission, and have a specified date and time for return.

(8) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including the parents or guardians of the students.

(9) Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, and their  attendants.  However, this shall  not include medical  treatment for COVID–19.

(10) Individuals in diplomatic missions, consular affairs, international organizations, government   representatives,   foreign   government   agencies   working   in Thailand,  or  individual  in  other  international  agencies  as  permitted  by  the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including their spouse, parents, or children.

(11) Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country.

Aircraft  and  passengers  or persons entering  the  Kingdom must comply with the conditions, time limits and rules of the authorized persons under the Thai immigration law, communicable diseases law, air navigation law, and the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation in force, for prevention of the disease and the  organization  of  the number  of  persons entering Thailand  in  accordance  with  the screening capability of the competent officers or the communicable disease control officers, and the arrangement of quarantine facilities.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

200 a day coming from all over the world would be just like 10 or 20 per plane. 

what's a  private  car?   A rental?  a day taxi? how do manage the 200. you get on list amd they say ok ghost is your day so then you need to make flight reservations.   And if you can't get  a flight you tell  them no so they can contact next on the list. 

I cant imagine anyone figuring out the logistics of this. 

13 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I have heard from family and friends in the U.S. that getting an elective Covid 19 test isn't so easy.

But, Western culture is different and I think these notes will be hard to come by. 

I got what you're saying about the written notice.

I'd have to look into it closer.

Regarding the tests..

Your info is real outdated by now.

In the U.S. the Covid tests are readily available for everyone at zero cost.

Some municipalities even offer free rapid tests with results available just after 20 mins.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can anyone tell me, I have visa and workpermit till August 2020, and in India still thai consulate is not opened, how incan come to Thailand, and I have to take permission from thai consulate 1st, how is the system, and how to take 100000 $ insurance of covid 19, pls suggest I am from Hyderabad,  India 

11 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

What constitutes residency rights?  A rental agreement, retirement visa or condominium ownership? 

I think they refer for that to the official  residence status , where only by each year a certain number can apply for ...

Not the condo ownership or lease , as then a very big majority would be entitled to that ….( including me …..) and NO ! … holding a Tesco or Big C club card does not count neither ????

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I'm very interested to see if people in the U.S. can get the silly fit to fly certificate. I'm guessing, no. So, if I go home, I don't expect to be able to come back for a long time. 

You can get a covid test within 72 hours of flying. If you're negative you can fly,

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

david555 

How about a Makro card? 

Even I don't take my Kasikorn bank card serious anymore  with printed  "Privileged member " on it ????

The" Elite Card " ones are asking themselves probably for what they paid anyway now …. (however they shall before us ( low ones ) allowed in I think.

My guess for us , first quarter 2021 at best chance ….. with conditions

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I'm very interested to see if people in the U.S. can get the silly fit to fly certificate. I'm guessing, no. So, if I go home, I don't expect to be able to come back for a long time. 

Fit to Fly certificate is easily obtained in  any country (assuming you do not have any medical condition making it dangerous to fly). It is a long standing document not specific to COVID.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

What constitutes residency rights?  A rental agreement, retirement visa or condominium ownership? 

It is not totally clear but I think what they mean is people who hold Permanent Residency.

• Like 1

can someone tell me why...If testing works, why not open the country to everyone? Test before they leave. test when they arrive or whatever makes sense. i am applying simple logic. i am frustrated to read what they can do vs what they actually can do...:(

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Fit to Fly certificate is easily obtained in  any country (assuming you do not have any medical condition making it dangerous to fly). It is a long standing document not specific to COVID.

Curious to know:  could it be obtained at airport of departure , as that looks the most official and difficult to refused by airline  against one from any unknown doctor …?

Edited by david555

I see China listed lol. The case study revealed 3000,000 yellow tails were infected.

I would even ban Chinese planes due to hygiene. 

What a joke and foreigners should not be robbed via your scam quarantine hotels. Hotel should not exceed 1000 1500 baht per day. ARE YOU crazy old man.

• Thanks 1

My answers to FAQs:

14-day quarantine continues

People on retirement visas or who own condos are not included

Looks like foreigners can now officially go on repatriation flights

I am not sure if it is just international students or also students of Thai, Muay Thai etc

17 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No, but nor does it say whether the flight ban is lifted and that incoming flights can land.  It doesn't specifically refer to any type of entry, and there many people stranded across the border in Laos and other neighbouring countries, who meet the conditions referred to in the 6 groups (including my wife and son!).

Hopefully, things will be clarified further tomorrow.

CAAT have already stated a few weeks back that there's will be no regular, scheduled, international passenger flights until at least the end of August. The government's CCSA hasn't mentioned any change to that. These additional groups being allowed in will use the same, limited amount of daily repatriation flights as well as the few, semi-regularly scheduled carriers like Qatar and Cathay Pacific.

The full text of the most recent CAAT announcement is also here.

• Like 1

Most EU Countries do allow Thais to enter without quarantine in recognition to the handling of the government to contain the spread of the virus in Thailand.

Regardless of all criticism this is a job well done.

The Thai government has not yet offered the same to EU residents, even with self quarantine, government quarantine, test reports or whatever.

Airports in Frankfurt and Vienna do offer now quick tests for Covid 19 with results known within 4 hours. The tests cost Euro 59 (abt Bht 2000)

They might wait until Thai Airways is up and flying again to take their fair share of the cake.

People cannot enter Thailand even if a Covid free test issued before flight is presented. Hopefully the powers in charge come to a more workable conclusion. I know stranded Thais in Germany, who are not willing to come back if they are incarcerated in a room for 14 days 5* or not.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:
2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

It is not totally clear but I think what they mean is people who hold Permanent Residency.

The original Thai text is clear enough: category no. 4 is only for holders of a so-called Permanent Residence Book or also "Certificate of Residence" ใบสำคัญุถี่นที่อยู่ (not to be confused with the yellow book that has nothing to do with it!)

Edited by Camillof
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Outbreak seems a rather big word for

just 19 new cases in the whole China yesterday... :whistling:

It’s enough to cause them to lock down over 400,000 of their own in China...but not good enough to keep them from coming here? We’re talking  China, it’s best to watch how they act, not what they report.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1