Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

webfact

On 6/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, webfact said:

Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

Not very considerent are they, They Don't mention Expats on Retirement Visa/extension that live in Thailand (Stuck outside LOS) with Spouse/GF and Kids in Thailand   Not imported enough?

3 hours ago, cedel said:

Point nr 2 "residency rights in Thailand"...Does it apply to me if I own my own condo in Thailand with blue book, electricity on my name etc ?

No. Only permanent residency holders. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Do any of these categories include persons on retirement visas in Thailand?

No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Myself, my Thai partner of 6 years and our 5 year old are ‘stranded’ in the U.K. her Visa expires thefirst week in September, would we qualify for repatriation, we have a rented house in Pattaya, I have a copy of the rental contract with me.I have emailed the Thai Embassy twice but they havn’t replied.

She is not stranded. She could have registered to come back to Thailand on a repatriation flight weeks and weeks ago. For you its a different matter, how can you be stranded in your home country?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Yes.

You dont know that Sheryl. There may be some provisions for people unable to return when they announce what is happening at the end of the amnesty. No one knows is a more accurate answer.

57 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Not very considerent are they, They Don't mention Expats on Retirement Visa/extension that live in Thailand (Stuck outside LOS) with Spouse/GF and Kids in Thailand   Not imported enough?

If you're married to a Thai or have thai kids then you can apply at a Thai embassy if you have the required documents. But you have to quarantine 14 days in BKK. That costs from 45,000 baht. 

On 6/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, SEtonal said:

No, group number 6 does not have to quarantine. They have a special arrangement which was explained in the article.

Also, from the Pattaya News:
Some of the early details released include the fact that these groups, other than 6, will need to have a Covid-19 test before and after arrival in Thailand, submit to a fourteen day quarantine at their expense, have proper health insurance and other requirements.
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/29/proposal-made-by-thailand-ministry-of-foreign-affairs-for-six-groups-of-foreigners-to-be-allowed-to-enter-country

There are at least 3 categories in that list which doesn't need to quarantine. 

Edited by Max69xl

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No, airports do not issue this. You get it from a doctor familiar with your health.

Historically it has been issued for people who have been recently ill, or are pregnant etc.  It doesn't really make any particular sense to require of people in usual state of health and certainly does not accomplish anything.

but any doctor can issue it. It just attests to the fact that you do not have any health condition that would make it unsafe for you to fly.

Its much much more complicated than getting a fit to fly document. You also need a negative Covid 19 test 72 hours before you fly. In my opinion the number of hoops you have to jump through, makes the whole thing totally unworkable.

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/24/29717/

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, Tropicalevo said:

"Foreigners with work permits, residency and families in Thailand will also be able to enter the country, but will be subject to a 14-day quarantine. "

From post #59

There are several groups in the list that needs to quarantine, but not everyone. At least 3 groups (out of 11) won't need it.

27 minutes ago, jimn said:

She is not stranded. She could have registered to come back to Thailand on a repatriation flight weeks and weeks ago. For you its a different matter, how can you be stranded in your home country?

She is not a seasoned traveller, we have a 5year old as well so try spending 2 weeks in a hotel room with a 5 year old on your own. I have lived in Thailand 6 years so nearly a permanent resident apart from the odd trip back to the U.K.

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

Is there any info how to go about getting medical entry permit? Hospital told me they are awaiting govt. info. Embassy has no info either.

I also am trying to find out. No luck yet. I think not yet sorted out.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 3:28 PM, Berti said:

Yes, I think so.

But alternative quarantine which means a hotel.

From the list of 11 groups there are maybe 3 or 4 which doesn't have to quarantine. The quarantine is always at an hotel. You can choose from 2,300 baht/night and up. But they will also charge for Covid-19 tests, probably 2 because the total cost is from ~45,000 baht. 

16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If you're married to a Thai or have thai kids then you can apply at a Thai embassy if you have the required documents. But you have to quarantine 14 days in BKK. That costs from 45,000 baht. 

Please Read  my  Post Again. 

I m talking about the Expats that are on an extension based on Retirement + GF and Kids

9 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Unlike here in Thailand, the U.S. has a rich culture of rule of law and litigation (malpractice suits) against medical doctors for writing something that is not objectively true or promotes the understanding of something medical that isn't true. For example, the concept of fitness to fly in Thai terms really isn't something a doctor in the West is going to want to attest to explicitly. I have heard from family and friends in the U.S. that getting an elective Covid 19 test isn't so easy. Also, the idea that if one does get a test that it is either good for, or runs out, in 72 hours is silly in my opinion. Seems arbitrary and limiting as that's such a short window for travel even if you can get it in the first place. 

I worked in the medical field in the U.S. for two decades. Most of the doctors I worked with wouldn't even write return to work notes for many patients due to the malpractice issues I mentioned above. They don't want someone to come back later and say "I had a bad outcome after you wrote such and such and now you are liable." That litigation is impossible in Thailand. So the Thai government imagines doctors will freely write these silly notes for people who can afford to ask for them just like here. But, Western culture is different and I think these notes will be hard to come by. 

When you say "the U.S. has a rich culture of rule of law and litigation (malpractice suits)"

I would refer to it as a morally bankrupt culture on the edge of an abyss. The level of litigation in the US is out of control and the inane causes of many of those lawsuits can only be defined as a society run amok. And I say that as a recovered American. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Not very considerent are they, They Don't mention Expats on Retirement Visa/extension that live in Thailand (Stuck outside LOS) with Spouse/GF and Kids in Thailand

If you're legally married then what's the problem? Get in-line.

If not then who can you blame?

Edited by unheard

32 minutes ago, jimn said:

You dont know that Sheryl. There may be some provisions for people unable to return when they announce what is happening at the end of the amnesty. No one knows is a more accurate answer.

It has always been the case that once a visa expires, it expires.

Ditto permissions of stay ( which is more likely what the poster meant).

The present amnesty is for people who are in Thailand as tourists or other category of stay which expires while they are in Thailand...and the amnesty is for being on overstay. There has been no provision nor discussion of any provision for extending visa valudity or re entry permit validity of people cutrwntly not in Thailand an people in that situation seeking to return have all been told to apply for new visa.

Which is not all that much harder than getting an extension of stay in country, in terms of requirements.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

She is not a seasoned traveller, we have a 5year old as well so try spending 2 weeks in a hotel room with a 5 year old on your own. I have lived in Thailand 6 years so nearly a permanent resident apart from the odd trip back to the U.K.

Fair comment. With respect to her staying with you in the UK, just make sure she doesnt exceed the terms of her visa and get the relevant extension if required. My wife has a 5 year UK visa and she normally comes back with me to the UK for 4.5 months every May. This year is the 5th year of her visa, we should have gone to the UK in May but BA cancelled the flight. We are going July 9 until hopefully November 2. Even if I cannot go back with her I will send her back alone. She will be applying for a new visa next year, probably a 10 year one, I do not want create problems by her staying too long. I like to leave a 6 month gap between visits.

1 minute ago, unheard said:

If you're legally married then what's the problem? Get in-line.

If not then who can you blame?

Read my post I am talking about Expats on Retirement extension with GF +kids .

why does one has to be Married.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Please Read  my  Post Again. 

I m talking about the Expats that are on an extension based on Retirement + GF and Kids

I can read very well. If you check the 11 groups again, you'll see that it covers Thai spouse and Thai kids. Not a gf,that's quite obvious. 

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It's only a total of about 50,000 people from different countries. It has nothing to do with tourists. 

It's more like the already flying on the limited bases airlines servicing the repatriation flights will probably be allowed to increase  the frequency of those flights and process them on their own without extra policing from the Thai embassy staff.

e.g. the repatriation flights leaving from LAX are Eva Air, Cathay Pacific, JAL

Just now, Max69xl said:

I can read very well. If you check the 11 groups again, you'll see that it covers Thai spouse and Thai kids. Not a gf,that's quite obvious. 

That's why I said that they weren't very Cosiderent . What's  you're problem I Can read a Little.

3 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Read my post I am talking about Expats on Retirement extension with GF +kids .

why does one has to be Married.

Because the ccategory currently considered for entry is spouses. If you are not married, you are not a spouse and have none of the legal rights of a spouse regardless of how emotionally committed you may be.

You might want to give this some real thought. This is but one of many situations where not being legally married creates serious problems. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Because the ccategory currently considered for entry is spouses. If you are not married, you are not a spouse and have none of the legal rights of a spouse regardless of how emotionally committed you may be.

You might want to give this some real thought. This is but one of many situations where not being legally married creates serious problems. 

You Are a Spouse even just living together.  

A spouse includes another person who: you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law. although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple.

• Confused 1